2015!

Geist: The Sin Eaters

Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Done Geist: The Sin Eaters

Post by Banather on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 am

First topic message reminder :

It's a story that begins with death - with your death.
    Why did the Reaper reach out for you before your time? Why was it that you fell between the cracks?
    Do you remember the flare of the gun or the sharpness of the knife?
    Do you remember the gnawing emptiness or the choking thickness of disease?
    Did you fall across the Threshold alone in the wild, or in the heart of the city?

The story begins there - with the moment of death, and with the Bargain that reversed it.
    With the cold hand that brought you back to the living world, with the dry whispers that still haunt you, with the presence that has nestled in your soul.

You've returned to a world where the living cannot see the shades that surround them. Every night is the carnivale, because every night you walk with ghosts.

Death is a door. Your the one with the key.

In Geist, you were an ordinary human, who happened to be placed in the most extraordinary set of circumstances imaginable. You have died, or had a near death experience, and been pulled back from the brink by a Geist. These are powerful spirits, and all they ask in return is to use you as a host vessel, so that they might experience a twisted form of life once again. Another side effect, beyond simply living, is access to otherworldly powers. You have become a Sin Eater.

Things to choose:
    Threshold: How did you die? There are five thresholds, each being a broad description of your death. They also determine the nature of your powers. They are as follows:
    The Torn: Death by Violence, Passion and Stigmata (Blood) powers
    The Silent: Death by Deprivation, Stillness (Stealth and Silence) and Wind
    The Prey: Death by Nature, Primeval and Earth
    The Stricken: Death by Illness, Phantasm (Illusion), and Water
    The Forgotten: Death by Chance, Industrial (Machines and technology) and Fire.

Here are some universal abilities all Sin Eaters share. You can see ghosts, and must actively concentrate to not see them. You can also speak to and understand ghosts, regardless of what language they spoke in life. You heal from injuries unnaturally fast. And finally, you have a sixth sense, with which you can sense the presence or recent presence of the dead.

Post up your bios if you want to join, and feel free to jump in at any time.

Last edited by Banather on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Done Re: Geist: The Sin Eaters

Post by Banather on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:36 pm

On my way to begin the warding ritual my geist taught me long ago, I see Akimaru collapsed on the floor. I notice right away the scar on his neck, and know he's been hit by the same thing that had Adam so scared. I reach down and touch him, and feel he is quite cold. I focus for a second, and send a wave of warmth into his body.

"Akimaru, I need you to do something. Go warn all the girls, tell them not to fall asleep. Adam already knows why, but the others don't. I'm going to go do something, that should keep us protected, at least for the time being."

Without waiting for a reply, I'm off again. First, I must go to my room and collect some supplies. I think quickly, and determine I'll need a brush, and some container to spill my blood into. I shudder, as I remember how grizzly the rituals taught to me by my Geist can get.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Cissy yawned and scratched her head.

"Yeah I suppose we should call it a night...I'm sure we're both exhausted. We can talk to Logan about it in the morning." Smiling, she wasn't entirely certain whether a hug would be appropriate at this point. "Well...g'night!"

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Anaya smiles at the other. She appreciated her company so very much, but she wasn't sure that they were close enough for a hug just yet. Another time.

"Sleep well," she offered instead walking with her to the door.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:33 pm

"Thanks, you too," Cissy returned, understanding the lack of touching. Pulling the door to behind her, she padded down the hallway into her own room, unaware of the ruckus going on in the other rooms. Sighing, she pulled off her socks and turned down the covers before flipping off the light to settle down for the night.

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:19 pm

i went back to the lounge room where i was before logan woke me up, i needed to wake jade before it got her "jade, wake up, jade come on" i begged loudly without success "fine this is for your own good" i say going and getting a cold bucket of water "jade" i yelled as i threw the water

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:33 pm

She smiled after her and feeling not terribly tired, laid out atop the sheets of her new bed. This sense of independence...it was frightening, but it was nice. She could still feel the warmth of the sweats she was wearing building up on her skin. She didn't need the covers. She heaved a sigh. Uneasy as it made her, this un-life of hers was nice.

She shut her eyes in half-sleep although she knew fairly well she wouldn't nod off for at least an hour, force of habit.

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:08 am

ooc-Don't know about anyone else, but I'm waiting to be told not to go to sleep. ;P
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:47 pm

It took me very little time to locate the things I needed. I left my room, carrying a knife, a small bowl, and a paintbrush. Now, all I had to do was cut myself, and use my own blood to paint a symbol on each outside wall of the apartment suite.

This symbol is quite common among the Sin-Eater community, and stands as the universal symbol for geists, the closest thing our kinds has to a unifying entity. For some reason, simply painting it in blood, and depending on where it's placed, it can serve many purposes.

I reach the east wall, set down the bowl and brush, and press the knife into my hand, drawing a decent amount of blood. It hurts, but I know that it will heal in a few minutes. One of the perks of being undead, I guess.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Cissy drifted off into a fairly dreamless sleep, the first one she'd had in weeks.

ooc-Still waiting for someone to wake me up. ;P

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Anaya sighed and turned over on her side, relishing that for the first time in a long time, she was comfortable enough not to need drugs to put her under. Maybe, geist wasn't such a bad thing...
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:56 pm

With this wall marked, I get up, and start making my way to the next place. As I walk down the hall, I notice Akimaru still lying on the floor, asleep. I decide it's a waste of time trying to wake him up right now, and go to wake everyone up on my way to the next outside wall.

First I come across Cissy's room, and I knock loudly on the door. "If you're asleep, wake up, it's important! Meet me in the living room in about ten minutes."

I move on, and repeat the same thing at Anaya's door, before going to the northern edge of the suite.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:59 pm

"Huh," Anaya mumbled admittedly groggy. She sat upright and brushed the hair out of her face...She was really getting comfortable. She let her feet fall to the cold floor and padded out quietly.

"What is it," she questioned tiredly making sure to keep a hand on her hip lest her pants fall straight to the ground.
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

Post by Banather on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:00 pm

"Something serious is happening," I reply, "Somehow, someone is trying to get into our dreams, and destroy our geists. I'm working on warding the apartment right now, I'll meet you in the living room when I'm done."

With that, I continue off. The faster I get this done, the better.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Cissy plodded out into the hall, rubbing her eyes. She'd just been at the cusp of sleep when the knock had come at her door. As instructed, she padded down the hall, bare feet making a sticky sound as she walked out into the carpeted living room.

"Whas' goin' on?" she mumbled, pushing hair out of her face.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Anaya shrugged, the effect of what he was saying still not completely resonating. "Dream killers," she muttered. "Something important," she chuckled."Living room meeting time," she said padding off quietly to the kitchen.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:08 pm

"Dream...killers...?" Cissy frowned. Taking a seat on the couch and curling her knees into her chest, she waited for Anaya to return from the kitchen and for Logan to come back to explain things. She wrapped her arms around her shins, wondering what it could mean.
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 am

"Ahhhh" I scream as the water flows over my face. "Wha-? Who-?" I sit up quickly, blinking the water out of my eyes and shivering in my damp clothes.

Running wolf

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 am

"dont start sooking jade, it was for your own good" i said before being attacked by estelle for no reason, i took a closer look to find she was asleep "damn poor girl" i said before slitting her throat from ear to ear
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am

I stare as Estelle's body falls to the floor like a rag doll, blood pooling on the carpet. I can't speak, I just stare in shock. I forgot that I was dripping wet as Estelle was dripping with blood.

Running wolf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:44 pm