2015!

The final pursuit. Alix and Faith

Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Read Me The final pursuit. Alix and Faith

Post by Alix Labe on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

This roleplay will include two people .The Runners, and those of Project Icarus.
    Runners:
    This city used to pulse with energy, dirty and dangerous, but alive and wonderful. Now it’s something else. The changes came slowly at first. Most didn’t realize or didn’t care and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life. Some didn’t and those who chose not to conform, were pushed to the sidelines….Criminalized. They became our clients.
    We call ourselves runners. We exist on the edge, between the gloss and the reality. The Mirrors Edge. We keep out of trouble…out of sight, And the cops don’t bother us much.
    Runners see the city in a different way .we see the flow. Rooftops become pathways. Conduits become possibilities and escape routes. The flow is what keeps us running. What keeps us Alive.
    Project: Icarus As runners, you may encounter police officers who have many abilities similar to a Runner. These people are known as "Pursuit Cops"
    These Pursuit Cops are fast and agile. They wear blue uniforms and a dark black-green body armor over it. Along with full head masks, they are armed with Smoke Grenades and Tasers. They are also able to attack Runners using more specialized melee attack moves and dodges, like jump kicking and rolling to safety. Because of their training, they can also follow Runners to more places compared to the other Blues. That means they can follow Runners even if they jump over fences and travel across buildings.
    Project: Icarus is a program designed to train the police to be like Runners in order to capture and/or kill and cease the transportation of information. Project Icarus is the 'weapon of choice' for the government's mission to kill Runners and cease transportation of information.
    All runners have a tattoo on their body like so-
    http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif?o=2

I'll go ahead and post my bio then.

Name: Alix Labe
    Hair color: Brown, Long and shaggy
    Eye color: Green
    Physical appearance: Lean, but muscular. His muscles are clearly visible. Can handle himself in a fight.
    Outfit: Tan shorts with rip showing that it was worn from years of use, and a black polo with stains from bleach.
    Personality: He is very laid off of duty, but on duty he doesn’t talk much. While off duty he liked to hang out at the bar, or run around the rooftops of the city.
    Weapon: Tazer and smoke grenades
    History: He used to be a runner, before his brother, Joseph, got busted for being a runner and the police would have sent his brother to prison, if he didn’t agree to being a pursuit cop. Ever since then he has been busting runners that had once been his friends, and trying to get rid of his brother’s debt to the police. He has now caught a total of 23 runners, and was a few away from finally paying off the heavy debt.

Last edited by Alix Labe on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Read Me Re: The final pursuit. Alix and Faith

Post by Alix Labe on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:12 pm

I began to grumble under my breath in response to the mad man that was on the other end of the phone. It still felt stupid that he insisted taht I not know his identity. Perhaps he thought that I would try to kill him? I shrugged as I tried to think of reasons. It didn't really matter the reason. I almost liked it that way. If I didn't know I wouldn't be tempted to commet murder, and yet it still bothered. I almost ran into another civilian that was standing in my way but quickly moved out of the mans way. I ran to the side of a building where a ladder was and climbed as fast as I could. Thhis game was all about speed and I happened to be one of the fastest around. When I hit the roof I ran across and jumped to a different roof without hesitation. It felt almsot natural. Maybe TOO natural.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:34 pm

I was silent as I hit the ground with a hard thud. I grunted as I felt the shock push up through my body. I take in a deep breath trying to keep myself from grunting at the feeling. I stood up straight, looking to my back a moment. I sighed lightly, taking in a deep breath before pulling myself toward the exit of the alleyway. The streets weren’t black anymore so it wasn’t as hot as the way people say it used to be. They were whit because somehow it allows more traction or something. There was some type of explanation, but I never owned a car so I didn’t have to know the reason. I take in another short breath as I cut a right onto the market street. I would go to the back of one of the restaurants to find the cube. I take in a deep breath, cutting down another short pathway. This is where I would get the box.

I was silent a moment, taking in a deep breath as I pulled myself to the small crate that was indicated that would have the cube. I take in a short breath, waiting a moment before pushing the top off to find the box. I pull it up, and out. I start to push the yellow into the confines of my bag when I hear the sounds of footsteps. I freeze, my eyes shooting up to see a pursuit cop in his all black. My eyes widen.

“You- Hault!” With the words, I turn, dashing back the way I had come, out into the streets. The last things I heard were, “In Pursuit of a Runner. In the back of Jackson’s and Fifth; May need assistance” before I run off.

My heart pounding, I push the button on the watch, warning James so he can wipe the watch and find me a location to stash the cube so someone else can pick it up. If I'm caught the information will go right back to my clients.

Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 pm

I heard static on my radio before a women came on the line. "All pursuit cops in the area... a runner has been spotted near Jackson’s and Fifth. Please assist. I smiled eventhough I hate my job, knowing that I had something to do. I ran as fast and hard as I dared in the dark. There might be lights on the roads, but the roofs had only the lights from nearby windows and such. I realized that the roof stopped ahead of me and the only thing in front of me was air in time. I cursed under my breath as I thought that the runner would be gone if I didn't hurry. As I thought of another way down I caught sight of another pursuit cop and a women in red runnign on the opposite side of the road. Theres is no way they are getting away, I said to myself.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:07 pm

The hard footsteps push through the night. I force myself out, hearing the honking of a car and the whooshing of air as the car tries to stop. I jump, making it over the hood of the car. That would hold off the cops for a little bit at least. I take in a short breath before I shoot to the left. I feel my watch vibrate. The red glow lights up my face as I see it. It’s not close, but I’ll do all I have to to get there.
    I just have to make it to the rooftops. I look up before darting down an alleyway and into the shadows of a dumpster. I force myself to stop breathing. I had to hide, I had to get myself to the rooftops and I wouldn’t be able to without people seeing me if these damn people were following me. I pray silently as I feel the vibration of the earpiece.
    “Faith…Keep quiet…If you think you’re about to get caught, open the cube and push the button..It’ll destroy the contents and I’ll contact the client. Please, try to get away.” He’s quiet in my ear as I hear panting. These lazy pursuit cops couldn’t even keep up a good chase. I hear his feet thud past me just as my heart beats. I am silent as a few more people run passed me. They were stupid.

Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:02 am

I fell to the ground and ran straight behind the rest of the pursuit cops. They were rookies and it seemed like they just couldn't handle running very long. As they entered the dark alley as they started to pant and run through without checking their sorroundings. Idiots! "Guys, slow for a minutes and check... she could be anywhere in here and you would never have known. "What if she is still running?" The one near the front said matter of factly. I glared and snapped at him. "Then she's gone. Get to looking." I said.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:11 pm

I thought I was out of the woods. They all seemed to have run by. I heard the sound of a man though, his feet bounding on the dirt below him. He called back the cops. It was something I hadn’t had to deal with before; a smart pursuit cop. I take in a deep breath, unsure if I can do this without getting tazed. I pull out the pistol which is always in my bag. How many bullets did it contain? Six? Seven? Hell, I didn’t even know. I had only fired it once and never at someone. I shove it into the back of my pants.
    The man tells them to keep looking. They want to search everywhere and they’re itching for a fight. They’re like dogs, ready to rip the head off the poor Pomeranian that god caught in the wrong dog pin. I turn, looking to the wall for help. It’s brick, with enough outcroppings and juttings in the shadows that I could probably get out.

I take in a deep breath before I pull my foot onto the dumpster. I push up, grabbing onto the small ledge that juts out from the side of the building. I force myself not to grunt as I pull myself up. I have to keep quiet. My killers are right below me if I’m unable to keep quiet. I take in a deep breath, calming myself as I pull my body up. I kick backwards, back flipping up onto another outcropping. My hands barely grip, but I manage to stay on. I’m not worried about the men and women below me as I scramble up the side. There’s a ladder hanging down right above me now. It leads to a fire escape which would lead to freedom. I lean over, grabbing the cold metal in my hand. I look down as the cops scourge the place where I had been only a few moments ago. I climb, my feet making the lightest tapping noise on the metal as I do so. Hopefully none of them hear me.

Then it happens. Up the stairs to the last bit of escape. I can climb from here, to the roof. The loud creaking sound echoes through the alley, before the escape starts to tear itself from the side of the building. Damn this older construction work, it was never as reliable as this new stuff they did. I grunted as I made a dash to the end of the bit of metal, jumping to catch the edge of the building as the metal crumbled down. Who knew if someone was under the pile of crumpled up metal now. All I knew was that I was free.

Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:14 pm

I grunted as I heard a big bang behind me. I whipped around to see the fire escape fall on on of the pursuit cops. He didnt seem hurt to bad but really pissed. I scowled as I saw her get onto the roof. I cursed under my breathe as I ran forward and wall runned until I was high enough to grab what was left of the ladder. I grunted as I pulled myself up and over the edge. My palms were red and stung from pulling my body over the ledge. I wiped them on my pants legs trying to get the stinging to stop. She was not get away from that easily."Stop in the name of the law!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I pulled out the tazor that was strapped to my side and pointed it at the girl. "Stop now, or I will shoot!" The gun vibrated and made a wizzing sound as it charged as I held the charge butten. If she didnt run and I kept her still long enough then It'll be fully charged. By now the other pursuit cops had made it up to the roof, and were panting. It angered me that they had this job and yet couldn't compete.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:29 pm

There was silence a moment as I scrambled to my feet. I ran, fast, toward the escape of another rooftop. I heard yelling behind me as the smarter and faster of the cops made it to the roof. He was stupid if he thought he was going to catch me.

"What's wrong baby? Can't keep up with your little toys?" I giggle as I turn, darting even farther away from the man as he seems to wait for the damn weapon to charge.

I take in a deep breath, running and sliding to the next roof as he ordered me to stop once more. Let him try to taze me, they wouldn’t get me to stop for long. I slid under an air duct and made It across the rooftops. I made it to the edge, jumping, I caught hold of a rain drain. There was no one to stop me now. I was up on a balcony before forcing myself up to the next level of the building. I was about ten stories up now, but I knew I could make it. It wasn’t far from the extraction point. I would hand it off to another person and they would give the cube to the person who needed it. I take in a deep breath, running to the edge of the building. It’s taller than most of the buildings.

I look back, waiting to see if I’m still being followed. I have made it to the factory district so I really have no problems. I have a safe landing if I need to jump. It’s covered in a yellow tarp and it won’t hurt me. I knew it won’t. It’s a leap of faith, but I won’t do it if I don’t have to.

Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:04 pm

I cursed as I put the gun back up began to follow her, doing the exact things she had. I knew from the moment that she had began to run that she was trying to make it to the hand off. There were good things about being an ex-runner and this was one of them. I was beginning to sweat now, panting to breathe as I continued to follow her. We were high by now, and I knew that there must've been a reason that she came up here. I glanced behind to see that we had left the other pursuit cops behind. I stopped a few feet from her and pulled the stun gun out once more. The wind was beginning to pick up ever so slightly and my hair was being blown every which way. If it wasn't for the muscles being tense I would've shivered from the cool air on my back skin. I shot the gun without hesitation. She had been warned and she had chose not to listen.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:28 pm

He was after me in only a few seconds. I giggle quietly as I notice he is panting. As the wind blows I realize for the first time that he’s not wearing his helmet. That’s not a good thing. Some runners make it a life’s work to wipe out the pursuit cops. A shot to the head and this man would have been dead. I watched him a moment as he reached back to the holster to grab at his taser. I smirk quietly.
    “Can’t keep up, can ya?” I take a deep breath before I take a step back. I lean backwards, falling, back first toward the ground below. I hear the fire of the taser and it misses me by only a few feet. I force my body flat, knowing that this is the least painful way to land on these fluffy saviors. They’re comfortable, and they give you a bounce up when you land so you can get right back on your way.

Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:14 pm

I cursed loudly and jumped after, knowing she wasn't stupid enough to jump off and kill herslf. I was already recharging the gun on my way down. The air that rushed past my ears blocked all the other sounds. It also stung my eyes, but I kept them open incase my "friend" happened to try and dissappear. I positioned my body in a way that would protect it when I hit the yellow pading. She will be caught I swear it. My brother would go free and I would return to being a runner. I was so close.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:51 pm

There is silence for a moment as I look up to the sky. It’s the feeling you get when you’re looking at something beautiful, but this time, it was elevated by the dropping pit in my stomach. Then I see it. The black figure jumping off the edge. He didn’t look. This wasn’t an average Pursuit cop. There was something there, behind the hard eyes that told you that he wasn’t just a normal person. He was here for a reason.

I grunted as I felt the vibration in my ear.
    “Faith, It’s Liam! I see you falling. Pass me the cube when you get down here and I’ll run it where it needs to go. I trust that you’ll be able to lose this fucker when you get down here.” There was a laugh as the man seemed to grow closer to me.
    “Sure Liam, I’ll lose him. What do you take me for? A rookie?” There was another laugh as I made it to the ground. I bounced, just as expected, up into the air another three feet. The wind was knocked out of me slightly before I landed up right. I didn’t take time before I had the cube, throwing it up to the man on the scaffolding.

There’s vibration as the man lands again and I fly a few feet in the air. I land, giving him a hard kick in the heave before turning and bolting off.

Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:46 pm

I groaned as I hit the soft tarp with a loud thud. I saw that the package had switched hands but didnt care. The runner was who I was after, not the other man. "The bag was swi-" That was all I had time to say before the women kick me and knocked the wind out of me a second time. I quickly recovered and began to chase her once more. I was breathing heavily now, this being the first time in a long time he had ran this much and this fast at the same time. My sides hurt from how much lungs were expanding in order to take in oxygen, but I didn't care. It didn't matter how much it took me to do this, I would.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:01 pm

I heard his grunts as I made it down to the lower regions of the city. I knew that I could lose him enough to make him think I was gone. I took in a short breath before pulling myself toward the small alleyway. He wasn’t in sight, I knew he wouldn’t follow me. He wouldn’t know where I went. I pulled the dumpster door open, throwing myself open. I took in a deep breath, holding it. It smelled and there was nothing that was going to get me from taking in such a smell.

Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:39 pm

I ran briefly wondering where she had went. I cursed loudly looking at both sides of the fork. "Where did she go?" I said talking to myself. The was the actual street, and there were two alleys running off of them. I didn't which she had went down. I sat staring down each of them for a few minutes before I turned around and slowely walked back the way I had came, with my head hung low. I sighed and decided to call it a day. I looked up at the sky and saw the first drops of rain falling from the pitch black sky. It seemed like the sky was crying for me.
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:44 pm

I ran briefly wondering where she had went. I cursed loudly looking at both sides of the fork. "Where did she go?" I said talking to myself. The was the actual street, and there were two alleys running off of them. I didn't which she had went down. I sat staring down each of them for a few minutes before I turned around and slowely walked back the way I had came, with my head hung low. I sighed and decided to call it a day. I looked up at the sky and saw the first drops of rain falling from the pitch black sky. It seemed like the sky was crying for me.
    Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:06 pm

There was a pause for a moment before I couldn’t breathe anymore. I had to get out of here. I took in a deep breath as I forced the top open. I scramble out. The bounding feet were gone. I took in short breaths as I pull my back straight. I wait a moment before I turn, starting down toward the end of the alleyway.

Then I feel it; the hard grip of someone grabbing my hair and yanking me backwards. I shriek, but my cried are muffled. I hear a dark chuckle as he rips the earpiece from my ear. He knows who I am, what I am. This is the man. I grunt, shaking my head. I bring an arm back to swing at him. It’s the pursuit cop. There’s a grunt and I shriek again as he pulls back roughly.

“I like my whores fightin’” His words are harsh. Had I really gotten out of one problem just to get into another? I try to pull away, but he’s strong. You can tell by the tense muscles under his shirt. I grunt as I feel him turn. He yanks once, starting to drag me down the alleyway, a hand clasp over my mouth.

“Shut up bitch” He yanks once more, warning me not to fight. I kick one of my feet, trying to keep up with his hand. I kick a trashcan, and it makes a loud metallic bang as it rolls back toward the opening of alleyway.

Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:53 pm

I got about a block away when I heard it. I shriek of terror coming from where I had just been. I spun around and listened but it ended sharply. I cursed under my breathe as I started to sprint back to the spot where it came from. The rain had already drenched my hair and matted. I could hear the splashes my feet made on the already wet ground. I picked up speed as I came around the corner and saw the pursuit rat named Bret. He noticed me almost instantly and dropped the girl. I scowled at him and brought out the stun gun out of my pocket. "I- I got her for ya boss." I pointed the gun at the wicked men. "What have I told you before Bret? I said the next time I caught you trying to mess with these women I'd kill you." He glanced at me before he spun around and tried to flee. I shot the gun into the his back and he fell without another sound. His body jerked as I watched hom for a few seconds. I turned and looked at the girl sitting close to and spoke. "Go. Before I change my mind. Sorry about that stupid other fucker."
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:11 pm

I was so surprised. The man saved me. I smiled quietly, rushing away from the man as he fell. I was grumbling curses for a moment before the man directed his attention towards me.
    “I never forget a friendly face” I speak simply, graciously, as I turn and run toward the end of the alleyway. I take a hard jump, thrusting myself up the side of the building.

Alix Labe
    The Toy Maker
    The Toy Maker

Post by Alix Labe on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:14 pm

I sighed as I looked down at the unconscious man in front of me. "Thanks alot..." I said as I began to walk towards the street, but stopped. I glanced over my shoulders at Bret one last time I continued to walk. He would wake up soon, and be pissed as hell. I laugh at the thought and looked up to the gray clouds. The rain had turned into a sprinkle now, but the ground was already soaked. I decided that it was time to return home, and began walking on the sidewalk. People watched me as I walked in the gear. It wasn't everyday that you saw a Pursuit Cop without his helmet on, or one at all for that matter. I had gotten used to the looks by now, and I no longer cared that they stared. I stuck my hands in my pocket and began to whistle a nursery ryme that my mother used to sing to me and my brother when we were little.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:25 pm

By the time I get the chance to look back down to the male he’s turned around and is walking down the street. I’m panting as I shake in my soaked clothing. I hear a loud crackle in the earpiece, wondering if it’s James trying to contact me. I wait a moment before I hear his voice.

“Faith, are you okay?” There’s silence, before I cough and there’s a sigh of relief.

“I thought I lost you there, kiddo” He sounds relieved as I rise, stumbling toward base. I grunt as I hear more crackling. I don’t feel like talking. I don’t see the need. He knows I’m alive, that’s all that important.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:53 am