HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

(Mercy/Faith) The Circus isn't so great after all. [Title Pending]

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

(Mercy/Faith) The Circus isn't so great after all. [Title Pending]

Post by Faith Wynters on Mon May 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Your story: You know how most kids run away to the circus? Well I’m running from it. When I was ten years old, I went to the circus with my family. I got separated from both my parents so I freaked out. The ringleader said he’d help me… But instead he kidnapped me. Now I’ve been stuck here for the past six years. For five years, I’ve been trying to find a way to get out. It hasn’t worked out very well. Until tonight. The ring leader is piss drunk and he’s in bed. Can’t hear anything or feel anything. I hope. I left his little trailer, and went to the strong man. The only one who understands me and can break the stupid chain around my neck. Which he has. I’m not fast enough to run out from the ground so the strong man helped me with that as well. We stood at the front gates and I couldn’t move. Maybe it was because I didn’t want to run with this stupid dress on, or maybe I was scared. But I was pushed ahead. “Run” were the last words I heard from the circus, and I was off. Running into the city. I could see all the lights ahead. In the city, I sat on a crate in an alley way. Terrified and alone.

My story: You’re an author(Being typical) But you’re one of the youngest authors ever. You live alone, and you always work late nights in the office trying to get your manuscript done so your publisher will stop nagging you. You always eat take out food, and sit at your desk. Your usually moody all the time. But there’s the odd time where you’re actually a sensitive person. But that is very… Very rare. You usually don’t leave the until 2 in the morning. Like tonight. Now you’re driving home in your sports car Not caring about anything again. You just want to go home… And sleep.

How we tie together: On your way home, at two in the morning as usual, your head lights flash off something sparkly. You tried to ignore it, but it didn’t work out well. You look up to see a girl, who is no younger than you. That girl is me. You get confused as to what I’m doing out so late so you pull over. You don’t know why but you walk up to her and touch her shoulder. She’s automatically scared of you. Mainly because she hasn’t talked to anyone in a long time… You can tell that she’s been abused so somehow you manage to convince her to go back to your loft with you. She’s far too tired to even fight against it, so she just caves in and agrees to it. But when she wakes up in the morning… She’s confused and starts screaming. Anything can happen from that point on.

Note:
    We need to decide on the characters for each. Would you like to be the writer or the runaway? It doesn't matter to me. You decide and I've got a character for each. I apologize once again for it taking so long! I'm back for a few weeks at least now.

Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Re: (Mercy/Faith) The Circus isn't so great after all. [Title Pending]

Post by Mercy on Tue May 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Name: Malina
    Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
    Circus Position: Animal Care
    Physical Appearance:
    She has long, dark hair, and dark charcoal eyes, tan skin. She is distinctly Cherokee through and through. She stands about 5'6" and has a curvy figure, weighing a total of 125.
    She also has a tattoo on her right wrist with the symbol for unity and on her hip a wolf pawprint with wolf eyes peering through. No shoes.

Personality/Background: Extremely shy, loves animals. A dreamer, a fighter, a lover. She will not speak unless spoken to. She will however speak up and fight for what she believes in, she is very high spirited and stubborn, she has very little to say, more a woman of action.
    Malina was separated from her parents at the circus when she was young, and the circus seemed like a dream at first. A famous Cirque for freaks, the bearded lady, the strange four legged girl, and the conjoined twins.
    Malina was founded by the head master and put as an animal caretaker, since she had such a way with animals. For five years she worked with the animals, for five years she was also very much abused if she did something wrong. Malina found it appalling what the animals had to go through, the horrible ways of training them, and the way they were caged for long periods of time. When she tried to stand up to the Ring Leader -- Damien Thryve -- he smacked her across the cheek and scolded her for telling him how to run his Cirque.

So, she left on a dark, stormy night.

Equipment: Malina doesn't carry much with her, simply a dagger made out of elephant tusk with tribal symbols embedded into the blade. Which she had stolen from the Ring Leader.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Tue May 29, 2012 7:16 pm

General Information

Name: Mira La’Mar
    Race: Caucasian
    Species: Human
    Sex: Female

Physical Information
    Physical Appearance:
    Spoiler:
    Weight: 122 Pounds
    Height: 5’5”
    Body Type: Mira is just as most would say. She’s the young, beautiful daughter of a pediatrician (Mother) and a Psychiatrist (Father). She has long legs that meet a curvaceous body. Her arms are quite flimsy though since she doesn’t really fight or work out. She’s got too much work for that. For that reason, she’s not really strong because of it.
    Skin color: Pale skin tone. The only time that she goes out is if she’s got a boyfriend during the summer and he forces her to go to the lake. She hasn’t had one of those in a very long time though. Her mother doubts she’ll ever get married.
    Hair Color: A thick black shade

Hair Style: Mira’s hair is simple. She sees no reason to have glamorous hair when really she’s interested in writing. Her hair is straight and comes down to just below her breast.Oftentimes it becomes messy though (sometimes she styles it like that) to look more of like what you can see in the first picture. It just really depends. Mira's hair is very thick though, and is easily maneuvered into many styles.
    Spoiler:

Eye color: Mira’s eyes are a pale sort of green color.
    Spoiler:

Clothing: Mira has many outfits that she wears on separate occasions. Normally though, she wears comfortable things, but she has a big problem with her shopping obsession. She has a mad obsession with heels.
    [url= http://www.polyvore.com/im_one_that_has_to/set?id=40814710] Default outfit—Click here [/url]

Piercings/Tattoos/markings (if any): Mira does enjoys tattoos and piercings. She’s smart to keep the tattoo hidden from her parents. Her tattoo is a small heart on her hip. She got it when she was about eighteen in memory of her grandmother who she was very close to when she was little. She passed away a few months after her birthday. Mira has her lip pierced (See image) and her ears are twice. She also has her navel pierced, even though now she regrets it.

Personality: Most would say that Mira has a strong heart within her. She’s a true born leader, if only she would get her head out from behind the computer. She has so many ideas whirling around in her head. She is hell-bent on learning, just so she can write more. That and she enjoys showing off her knowledge. Mira doesn’t trust as easily as she used to. When she first began in this world, she thought everything was grand. Then she met Frank, who broke her heart, and Dallas who beat her. For that reason, she is usually quiet and cold. That isn’t the case when she’s around her parents though. She hides the pain and is the closest thing to normal she’s usually ever.

Other: Mira lives alone with a cat named Blanc. She is of course white, with blue eyes. She’s a very playful cat. She enjoys going outside to mess with the squirrels and birds and sometimes, Mira finds unwelcome carcasses on her doorstep. Mira does live in a pretty large house. She lives out of the large city just to keep herself secluded. If she needs anything though, all she has to do is drive about five minutes and the trees break away to a concrete playground.

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Tue May 29, 2012 7:16 pm

I'm assuming you would like for me to begin yes? I shall write up a post after dinner.

Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 pm

I can start, if you'd like?
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Wed May 30, 2012 1:06 pm

"Run!"

That was the last thing she had heard as hands pushed her forward. She turned towards her fellow Cirque members, dark charcoal eyes wide with fear.

"Go on. Be free... Run!" Balazar says -- an acrobat who was close with Malina -- she nods, turning away from the white tents, leaving the five years of torture behind her... But, she could not leave the memories. They festered deep in her mind, and she begins to panic, but before she could think another moment, her feet flew across the grass.

A hill sloped downward and in the distance Malina could see bright lights of the city, cars sweeping by. The rain poured from the clouds, Malina's hair sticking to her face, dirt flying as she ran, her feet squishing against the cold ground. She begins to run down the hill, sliding a bit as she falls. Picking herself up, she makes it onto the street, a car flies by and she lets out a scream as they honk and yell.

"Get off the street, freak!" The man calls out from his car window and Malina picks up the hem of her dress, backing up onto the curb of the road, underneath a street light. Her face is streaked with dirt, hands and feet muddy from the run.

"Got a penny to spare?" A hand grasps her shoulder as the raspy voice floats like smoke around her, and she lets out a yelp. Turning to an old man, hunched over, he shakes a cup at her. Her breath was rapid, and shakes her head, her wet curls slapping against her face as she does so.

She continues walking down the side walk, her bare feet slapping against the cobblestone, cut and bruises on her feet matched the ones on her arms. She clutches onto the dream catcher necklace her mother had given her and she felt a small sense of peace as she walks. A clash is heard and Malina flinches, suddenly becoming very scared, but she sees a man struggling with some empty cartons, and he looked much like a baker, or possibly a chef of sort. Malina walks over towards the cartons, just to see if there was any food, but there was none.

The chef -- or baker -- stared at Malina for a moment and waves her away with a hand, "Go on, no mooching for you!"

Her dark eyes widen a bit, and she takes a step back, and continues to walk down the street.

The rain poured down and Malina decided she needed to find shelter, she enters an alleyway and finds an old cardboard box, she tilts it on its side and sits inside it, curling up.

She was alone... and more so than that, she was afraid. She begins to shake, the damp dress making her cold, and she begins to play with her anklet -- a gold chain around her ankle Damien had given her... Her knuckles go white, and she grips the anklet, ripping it off, the chain breaks and she throws it to the side, where it landed under a street light...

ooc - i got bored and decided to write a post lol
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed May 30, 2012 1:33 pm

“ I was running now. I didn’t want to be on the receiving end of that bullet. I could have seen them all quite easily, if I had stopped, even in the darkness.

So I ran, faster than I had ever on two feet before. After a little while, my calves began to throb. The feeling in my legs left me, but I didn’t stop. I wouldn’t stop for anything. It seemed like I ran for hours whilst the man in the moon looked down upon me. It was as if he were watching events unfold like a god from the heavens. The silver light moved as time went on. The lights progression was slow, so it only could have been an hour at the most.

There was a sudden howl a little ways off in the distance. It wasn’t one of the dogs the humans had chasing me. It didn’t sound so ravenous, so trained. Anger or a sort of sorrow filled the howl. You could tell by the end, by the way it died out, by the echo through the forest. That meant it wasn’t a normal German Sheppard that had been following me. Those dogs didn’t have any feeling. If you were their target, and you couldn’t hold out a run, you were a goner. Dogs. The thought itself made my skin crawl.

I shook my head, forcing myself to stop thinking about it. I had to slow down. After what seemed like hours of running through the forest, I needed to stop. If I were to survive, I’d have to stop and rest soon. I would have to save when little energy I had to run more when those damned dogs caught up.”

A deep breath fills Mira’s office. The last four paragraphs of the chapter she had been writing all night. Why did she have to have deadlines for her work? This stuff would come so much easier if she could just take her time with it. It wasn’t the quality that was pushing her patients, it was the writing itself.

In her writing, people could tell when she was strapped for time… Namely her mother. No one else (besides her father on occasion) really noticed. Maybe it was because Mira’s mother was the one that brought her up, reading anything that came from the girl’s journal. So when a book came out that she had been strapped for time in, she knew that her mother would see it's flaws.

“Honey, why is this so rushed?”
    or maybe even “Why does it seem you’ve skipped thoughts here?”. Her motherly instincts kicked in a lot of times whilst reading Mira’s work. “Honey, you were tired when you wrote this part…Maybe you should go to bed earlier?” So, for that, Mira had to make everything as flawless as it could be. It didn’t mean her mother didn’t notice it. Yes, Mira had an editor, but the first person that it went to was her mother: A raw source of information that never stopped wanting to help.

Mira leaned backward in her chair, looking up at the dim lamp that hung above her head. The room was spacy, with an average amount of windows, and a cot in the back corner if she thought she wasn’t going to be able to get home without having an accident. That didn’t happen often, seeing as she was used to the night life of the big city.

Now, the darkness had fallen into the deepest parts of the city for many hours. She knew, as she looked at the clock and saw that it read 2 A.m., that she needed to be heading home. Editing further could wait until tomorrow. She could get her hours of sleep, and then head back up here for another day of writing. Maybe tomorrow she would write from home instead of the large office in the city that she owned. With the thought, she pushes the small USB that was shaped like a California Roll into the computer. She saves quietly, onto both the USB and the Desktop. She wanted to make sure she had it.

With that done, she wipes her eyes. She isn’t tired, but if she doesn’t keep herself active and her mind going, she will collapse and it won’t be a good thing. So, she rises from her chair, making sure to close everything out of her computer as she leans over. She shuts everything down, and turns toward the door, keys in hand.

It was surprising, three books away from her first and she had made over five hundred thousand dollars about every six months since the first release. Yes, she has invested some, but the rest is in the bank. She used some of it to buy a house, out of the city, where it was quiet for her writings It was large enough for a family of four to live there, but she was the only resident. It probably wasn’t a good thing seeing as it was out in the woods and anyone could try and break in. Mira shakes her head at the stupid thought. She loved her house, and nothing could be negative about it. Yes, she did go crazy with that buy, but other than that, she thought she was being very thrifty with her money. She could say that the white Corvette outside was not a buy of hers. Her mother and father definitely had enough money on their own, and thought it to be a nice present when she got published. Now that was something Mira would never waste her money on. Well…Maybe she would have, but only in the future when it wasn’t such a landslide on whether or not they liked the next book. She guessed that since the first three (even though they had been spaced out about six months since the first big hit) were going well, people would keep buying if stories always changed, and the longer series she had been standing on, kept driving readers to the edges of their seats.

OOC-
    I'm sorry that I didn't post last night. I thought I was going to be able to, but Dinner with friends ran out until eleven and then I was dragged over to a small little gathering at another friend's house.

Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Thu May 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Malina curled her knees up to her chest, tears slid down her already rain-covered cheeks. The rain continued to pour, dampening the cardboard box she was sitting in. Lovers walked past, laughing and playing in the rain, exchanging kisses. Malina lowered her eyes, and she heard a few cars drive by every so often.

She heard a man talking on his phone on the side of the road, begging..

"Please, honey..Just let me come home... I promise I'll be ---"

"Shit..."

Malina stood, walking over to the man, who was sitting at a payphone and searching his pockets for extra change.

"Sir..." She says and he turns, a bit startled, she hands him a few coins she had stolen from Damien before she left. The elderly man's face lit up, he seemed to be in his late sixties.

His eyes watered a bit and he smiled, "My dear, bless your heart..."

He kisses her on the forehead, and Malina nods, walking back to her box.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu May 31, 2012 2:30 pm

The rain hit across Mira’s cheeks as she steps out from under the overhang. It was off to her car now. The office was locked up and her keys jingle loosely in her hand. There was no need to worry. Yes, this place was dangerous, but she had enough fight in her that it didn’t matter. Yes, her mother and father worried, but let them. She would prove to them that she could be safe.

Mira walks briskly to her car. The water isn’t good for the heels she wears nor is it comfortable on her bare legs. It was strange, there was promise of no rain for quite some time, and yet, here it was, raining in the darkness of the city.

She makes it to her car. It’s raining well enough to make her pull an arm over her head. She hopes it will stop soon, but she’s not sure if that’s going to happen. Mira takes in a deep breath, watching in the silence at the keys that she’s fiddling with in her hand.

Soon enough, she’s got it out and she’s opening up the door. She was regretting, now that she was out in the cold, having not just kept herself up in the small office. At least it was warm and dry there. She didn’t know why she didn’t just turn back now. Yes, she was already wet, but she could easily dry off. No, something else was pulling her to drive home. She didn’t know what, but something made her feel as if she was missing out on something at the house. Maybe a rerun of I Love Lucy was on that she had missed. She did love that show.

Mira sighs, turning on the car and pulling out of the lot. Maybe that’s what she needed. One thirty-minute block of Lucille Ball could wind down this day and make it time for sleep. Yea, that sounded great now.

Mira continues down the road, ready to finally make it out of the city and into the woods where her home is. The road is lit, but just dimly enough for the city not to care. There are people walking on the side of the street. At 2 in the morning, it doesn’t surprise her. Especially since this city never sleeps. There were so many people like Mira, working late and sleeping only a few hours before awakening. It was something that she was used to by now, and didn’t bother with it anymore.

Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:37 am

Malina sat there, the rain pouring down from the sky and it drips down her face, and soon she became unaware what were tears, versus the rain.

She felt alone, maybe there was still time to go back to the Cirque...

No...

But she couldn't go back. She wouldn't go back to that monstrous place... She shakes her head, curling her knees up to her chest with a heavy sigh.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:22 am

The drive home was getting to Mira. She was so tired from all the writing. She just wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep. She knew, however, that she could do that while behind the wheel of a car. She had to keep herself conscious for just a little bit longer. She was almost out of the city and to the confines of her home.

Through the raindrops that splatter across her windshield, however, her headlights catch sight of silver on the side of the road. It’s not just a little, like it could be a metal stop sign. No—this is something different.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep that was shrouding Mira’s mind, or it was just some sort of instinct. She slows the car to a crawl as she watches a figure move down a short alleyway, and sit in a small box. For some reason, her foot presses on the brake, and soon enough, the car comes to a complete stop in the street. She wondered if anyone would try to pass her. She doubts anyone would be out this late.

Just to be safe, she pushes the small flasher button and cuts off the engine. Of course, anyone would pass her at this time of night. With only part of her mind working, she reaches into the back seat, grabbing the umbrella. In her shorts, the water would chill her to the bone.

She pushes the door open, opening up the large Umbrella over her head. The dim street lamp shines through the clear plastic. She shuts the door, locking it. Of course, her flashers didn’t stay on, but she hadn’t expected to get out.

She walks quietly across the road, trying desperately to keep from kicking up the water. This pair of heels was her favorite. She supposed it was her fault, since she hadn’t seen the rain before she left the office. That didn’t matter now though, this strange figure wearing silver mattered.

She made it to the mouth of the alleyway and stops. She knows better to go any further until she makes sure it’s safe. In this city, you always had to think ahead.
    “You there, in the silver” Her voice echoes on the walls, and she’s not exactly sure what she should have said. That was the closest thing to an outcall to a stranger that she had ever achieved. She guessed it was good enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:37 pm