HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]

Dream Rationally

I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]

Post by Dream Rationally on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to Rapture

"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No,' says the man in Washington, 'it belongs to the poor.'
    'No,' says the man in the Vatican, 'it belongs to God.'
    'No,' says the man in Moscow, 'it belongs to everyone.'

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...”
    Rapture!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Rapture. A city where the artist can roam freely, the scientist can create with the sky as the limit, and the power is with the people. Such a place could never exist on land therefore it was literally built on the bottom of the ocean, as far away from the governing powers as possible. Out of every jurisdiction. The extreme of extremes. It is a massive place with buildings that tower over head and long walkways that link different areas of the city together.
    Everything you could ever want you can find in Rapture. There are stores, restaurants, hotels, spas, housing units, art galleries, markets, sports centers and for those who enjoy a little bit of nighttime excitement there are bars and love-houses. Everyone is welcome in Rapture! There are no minorities. Everyone is equal. Everyone gets a fair share.
    All of this is thanks to to the hard work and dedication of our founder Andrew Ryan!

At least..that's how things used to be. Before the revolution. On New Year's Eve, at 12:00 on the dot, just as the clocks were ticking down and the champagne bottles were about to be popped, explosions rang through the entire city. The whole foundation of Rapture was shaken to its very core. Those explosions marked the beginning of what would be a long battle throughout the streets between those who supported Andrew Ryan and those who supported a man named Frank Fontaine. Soon blood coated every wall on every corner of the city. The year 1959 was off to a great start.

Hundreds died and those that didn't die..were left to slowly go insane. Driven only further to insanity by their addiction to Adam; the genetical stimulant that once kept the wheels of Rapture turning.
    The side-effect of this drug was both an overwhelming addiction to it and a range of horrible disfigurations due to the way the drug affected the human body. Those addicted where named Splicers and those Splicers are all that are left in this city. They do whatever they can to get their hands on Adam..even if it means killing each other. Many have banded together in order to overpower those who are weak, making them even more dangerous.

The revolution was two years ago. There are now those who are merely trying to get by and those who are trying to escape. But to escape means going through hell and back again...straight through the center of the city. Can you make it out?
    Let's see, shall we?
    Dream Rationally

Re: I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]

Post by Dream Rationally on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:53 am

Was all of this trouble really worth a simple record player? Probably not. Actually it was definitely not worth all of the trouble we had gone through up to this point. I suppose you could say I was being stupid and selfish by choosing to continue after everything that had happened..but it was more than just getting the record player that mattered to me. It was the interaction between the two of us that I valued more. That was the way in which I was being stupidly selfish, because I was putting us both through all of this ordeal for something as simple as a glance or a smile.
    To me though it made perfect sense.

Mira looked me over for a few moments before I saw the indifferent gaze come back into her eyes. She went back to being that cold person that she was when I first met her. The concern for my well-being was all but gone.
    As much as it saddened me to know that she was back in her defensive personality I was very much pleased with the fact that I had seen another side of her. I had almost begun to believe that there was no such thing when it came to her. It was nice to know that there was still some humanity deep inside her, hidden beneath layers of protective coldness.

She began to move again and I made to follow her with a bit of a wince. Whatever had hit my leg, it had done enough damage to where every movement felt strained. It wasn't so much pain as it was the fact that my leg simply didn't want to move. I ignored the strange sensation altogether though and forced myself to follow Mira as closely as I possibly could.
    She was moving quickly but I still managed to keep up with her well enough. There was no way I was going to allow myself to fall behind.

My body may have been in pain but there was no way for us to head back even if we wanted to. It would mean going through areas that had already proven to be hostile, not to mention the fact that Splicers would be converging on the area to investigate the noise. No matter which way we went, we were going to have to move quickly to avoid another confrontation.
    At this point caution was not the priority. Getting as far away as fast as possible had become our main concern. We both knew this very well even though not a word was spoken between us.

The deeper into the tunnel we got the more markings were scribbled on the walls. I had not noticed them the first time through. My mind had been too focused on trying to get back to the woman who was now leading the way through the maze of metal.
    A few of the small drawings made me smile for some reason. There was something familiar about the childish depictions of Big Daddy's and Little Sisters. The little fish, flowers, and butterflies drawn in a multitude of colors almost as if a child had gotten bored and spent a whole day decorating this small passage with a pack of chalk.

When I glanced forward again I found that I had fallen a little bit behind. I pressed forward until I was just behind Mira yet again just before she turned to check where I was. I gave her a slight nod, as if to signal that I was doing fine, before we continued in silence.
    The cramped nature of the passage didn't bother me one bit this time around. My mind was in a much better frame of composure..though that could have been in part due to the fact that the blood going to my head was significantly less than usual.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:07 pm

It wasn’t really my choice to be cold in such a time. I just knew that if I didn’t—something bad would happen. If you ever got attached to anything in this place, it always slipped through your fingers and fell into the darkness. As much as I wanted to say that I was growing a bond with this girl, I was actually forcing myself to do the complete opposite. I didn’t want to go on, knowing that someone had died that I cared about. Really, I cared nothing for the girl. Yes, it had been my main objective to get back to her, but that was only because I owed her a debt.

I was trying hard to keep from getting attached to this girl, but really, I had never been put in this position before. I had never met anyone out on the streets that hadn’t completely and utterly been insane. Normal people didn’t exist down in Rapture. You were insane. Really, me and my newly found traveling companion had been the only exception I had found to the rule.

We ventured farther and farther down into the darkness of the tunnel. I could tell that the girl behind me was slowing, even if it was just ever so slightly. She was probably hurt far more than she was letting on, but at the same time, I knew it wasn’t my place to stop and baby her. Really, I wouldn’t have, even if I had the chance. Instead, I make simple turns backwards to watch her every few turns. She meets my gaze with a nod, and I know that it’ll be a little bit longer before she falls out form the pain. I really think that we’ll be able to get back to the apartment before she can’t take the pain anymore.

The sounds have quieted. You can hear my quiet breathing, and the sounds of us shuffling through the tunnel, but nothing more. I’m glad. That means that nothing has decided that it’s going to follow us. I am very grateful that I don’t have to worry about a fight in this hole. Not only that, but I can tell by the way the corner ahead tightens, that it’s the last one. I will be able to get across the courtyard, and to the Sinclair Deluxe Suits that were just on the other side. I hoped that we wouldn’t come into any trouble, but I had a feeling that once we got into the apartment, we would find a few spliced up inhabitants.

I turn the last corner to see the bright lighting of neon. I flinch quietly for a moment, coming slowly to a stop. I need to look around for movement. If this is where Echo found a fight before, then we would have to worry about scavengers coming to loot the dead bodies. If they hadn’t, I would surely have to make a point of going through and looting them well.

There seems to be no movement. I’m thankful for that. She is in no way to fight and I would rather just get the apartment. I take in a deep breath, taking in another look of the area before crawling up and out of the tunnel. I know that the silent girl behind me is itching to get out of the tight space. I make sure to watch for the movement as I make it to the first dead body I see. Kneeling, I begin looking quickly through the man’s pockets. Once she got out and ready, I could easily resume our trek towards the apartments, but I wanted to take at least a little time to get supplies while I waited.

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:51 pm

As much as I wanted to have Mira care about me another part of me wanted the complete opposite. Not for my sake but for hers, as it would make it much easier for her to continue if she didn't form a bond with me the way I was forming one with her. I suppose that was just the person I was, with the help of my mental programming.
    When we parted ways in the future I didn't want her to worry about me. There were many other things she needed to worry about without the addition of some faulty Big Sister.

I was ready to get to the apartment so I could get my armor off and examine the extent of the damage I had taken. Not bandaging the wounds was already having an effect on me and I knew that if we had to go on for say, another hour or two, I was going to pass out simply from the amount of blood that had been slowly draining from my bullet wounds. Regardless of that fact I also told myself that I wasn't going slow Mira down even if it meant going till I literally collapsed on the spot. Our arriving at the apartment safely was the priority at this point. Nothing else mattered.

Once I climbed out of the passageway I found that she had made her way over to the body of the first Splicer, the one who had tried to stop me from entering the passageway at all, and was rummaging through his pockets. I made no judgment for her action. The chance of him having something I could use was very small but the chance of him having ammunition or bandaging that she could use was much higher. When she saw I had joined her in the large room she stood up and continued on her way towards the opposite side of the street.
    I glanced sideways at the site where the fight had occurred and I winced at the thought. The bodies were still strewn on the ground and the puddles of blood were much larger now.

I kept my weapon ready despite the extent of my injuries. I was ready to give my life for the safety of Mira, if only so that she could continue on her journey without having to die while trying to fulfill some stupid debt to me. She had her motives and objectives while I had mine. There was no reason for her to lose her life for something that was nothing to do directly with her.
    It seemed like there was no movement whatsoever though so I was happy to remain scanning the area for looters. So long as we didn't run into any more trouble we were going to be just fine.
    I kept my pace with her as best I could.

(Sorry for the wait, I was at rugby practice and now I'm going to get in a little bit of studying with a tutor. I should be back by about 9 or 8 your time)
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:59 pm

It surprised me greatly when I didn’t seem to have problems finding the loot. Really, I would have thought someone would have come by and taken it all by now. Really though, I’m glad that it hasn’t happened. I pull the bag off my back, a small bit of movement in the quiet area. There hasn’t been much, but enough to make me happy about stopping. I got a good bit of Eve out of the stop. Two hypos. It didn’t sound like much, but really, anything more than none was a lot. Along with that, I got a can of potted meat and a rather large bit of bandaging. It almost looked like more than one person might carry. Normally I didn’t look at the man beneath me, but as I rose, I caught sight of open eyes. He was gruff and muscular, but gene tonics could do that to you in a flash.

I rise back up. She was ready to go and I was ready to get out of here. I pull the strings tight on my pack before pulling it over my shoulder. I know that if I’m not careful, I’ll end up being shot up too. The longer we stayed in a place, the more chance there was of getting shot and killed. I take in a slow breath, walking towards the Sister, waiting patiently. I give her a nod, letting her know that we’re ready to go before starting off.

You really needed to watch for traps. I didn’t think there would be much of any after the ambush Echo had just been though, but I make sure to watch the ground for anything that could go missed by the first glance.

The lights of Sinclair Deluxe Suits shines like a mocking reminder of the past. It was just that. This place had seen more anguish and pain from more people than most of Rapture had seen. People losing their jobs, their lives, and all they owned. What added more damage was the fact that Sinclair was making more than a few bucks off someone down in his luck. That was how Rapture worked though, so nothing really changed for us.

I am slow, just as before. Each step is small and calculated. Not only that, but it was quiet. It seemed a disturbing kind of quiet that I didn’t enjoy much of. That usually meant that something was wrong. I take in a slow breath before walking across a bit of rubble. The door was in view, and only a few feet away. We just had to step through and we would almost be there. Really, we weren’t, but I liked telling myself that we were almost there. My apartment was on the fourth floor of the place. They had a little more space than the other apartments, but not much more. It was only a three room apartment with community bath down the halls. Really, that’s how you lived in The Drop. The four floors would be the hardest part. I just hoped that we wouldn’t have to find an alternative route because of the stairs being blocked or something. I take a few more steps before slowing down a little bit. I look to the girl, nodding quietly and pointing to the shab of a building. That was my home.

(I apologize for it taking me so long. I've had a lot of work to do. I should be here, but I'm not too sure. Might be 9:30 before I get to reply.)

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

The silence was almost frightening. Like the silence before the storm very much the same as earlier when we had been separated. At first things had seemed normal but then everything exploded into a mess of gunfire and death. Although a fight had only just occurred there was no promise that another one would not follow. If anything it promised a fight further down the line seeing as a number of the Splicers from my ambush had made an escape while I was busy making short work of those I could reach on the outside of the buildings. Those Splicers were definitely going to come back if only to pick up the loot from their fallen comrades.

Then another option struck me that made just as much sense as the previous theory. The fact that I had let out not one but two of those terrifying screeches..was that the deterrent for now? No Splicer would willingly attack a Big Sister that was enraged or get near one that might be. They may have been insane but they were not stupid. It usually took five or six of them to kill a lumbering Big Daddy, much less the numbers it would take to kill one single Big Sister.
    Perhaps the fact that there was a protector in the area was forcing them to keep their heads down, if only for a brief moment.

We were getting closer and closer to the Sinclair Deluxe Apartments with every step we took. The entranceway that led to the building was large enough on its own much less how large the Apartments were going to be once we got inside. I tried not to think about that though and instead I focused on the fact that we were getting close to our objective. Somewhere in that building was the apartment that Mira had once called home. Compared to the restaurant we had started at we had come a very long way in one day. Not taking into account the ambush and the time we spent finding one another that followed.

I glanced over at Mira and noticed that she was pointing towards the entrance to the building. As she did this I began to wonder what kind of memories were going to flood back into her mind now that she was back here. Was it going to be an issue? I doubted it but still there was no way of telling what might happen the moment she stepped into her old home.
    For that reason I told myself to be ready for anything and everything that might happen. If she needed comfort, I would be there. If she was thrown into a rage, I would be there as well. Or if nothing happened well..then nothing happened.
    I nodded my head in recognition of her motion and moved with her as we continued our approach to the Apartments one step at a time.

I knew nothing about the history of this building or the people who had once lived there but something told me it was not a happy story. Nothing in Pauper's Drop was ever a happy story. It was almost hard to imagine the kinds of people who would have lived in this building and what their stories would have been before this whole mess started.

(Well, if you can only post then that's alright. That'll give me time to eat and rest a bit.)
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 pm

I wasn’t going to deny that this place would bring back memories I didn’t want. The only reason I had opted for coming here was because I needed to get her that stupid record player. Besides, where else would I be able to find one? It wasn’t just that. I knew that I could keep the pain to myself. All the bruises and cuts were long gone and the only thing left was that memory. She would never have to know the pain I was going to go through. I take in a short breath, trying to steady the thoughts that rushed through my mind. What I was probably most curious about was if father would still be on the couch. Well, what bones were left of him. Would they still be there, on the couch where I left his cold rotting body? I assumed so. It hadn’t been long after I struck him down that I left, but like I said before, she didn’t need to know it was my father.

I hadn’t realized that my steps slowed as I was trapped in my thoughts. There was so much that could be going on. There was so much I could have missed in my slight reverie. Now though, it was time to get moving. The time for thoughts had passed. I would have enough time with those later. I would have enough time with them once I got into the apartment.

The last few feet seem to take forever. Every step forward is another sharp pain in my side. It’s a battle for me. There was so much that I had left here. I wondered if it would all still be there. The code on the door no one except the family knew and there wasn’t anything really worth stealing.

I stop at the front door just long enough for it to recognize my presence and open slowly. It was quiet, and somehow I knew that was a bad thing. I pause a moment before taking a few steps in. Somehow, it seemed that there was power on in the building. That would be good for later. I wouldn’t have to sit in the dark all night. I take a few more strides in. There’s a creak beneath my feet. The weight on the wooden floor wasn’t a good thing. The place seemed pretty much normal: quiet and desolate as it was. Off to the right was a desk with keys and mailboxes for the different apartments. To the left were a few sofas, all in great need of repair. Many had been shot while others were just old. There was a Circus of Values machine in the corner along with a few payphones. I could check that out on our way out. There might be the chance of hacking it and at least getting a bit of a discount of food or ammunition. Even though I didn’t have much money, there was always a chance and time to check.

I take long strides forward. The room was linear really, and not very wide. The stairs onto the next level were next to the check-in desk. I didn’t bother with the rest of the area. Yes, there were people still squatting here, but I knew that if we kept quiet and kept moving, the chances of waking up or alerting any of the splicers nearby was slim.

I give a small look back to the girl. Really, it’s no more than a glance in her direction, to make sure she is following. It’s another moment and I take the steps, two at a time. I can make it up the stairs quickly, but it was just naturally the way I did things. I stop at the top, looking around, one hallway then the other. The way these halls were set up was that you had a hallway after every stairwell. You had to turn either left or right (depending on the floor) and then about ten feet down would be another stairwell, hidden quietly behind a door.

(Have to take one of my sister's friends home. I'll be back ASAP)

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 pm

I noticed something different about the steps that Mira was taking. It was like she was distracted by something. The caution she had used in her step until now had all but disappeared as she slowly walked towards the entrance to the Deluxe Apartments. It was visible when she snapped out of this little trance though when her pace changed back to normal. I blinked and kept my eyes on the back of her head almost in worry. How difficult was this going to be for her? Was she going to be able to get through the night without something happening within her mind caused by the memories? There was no telling at this point. Anything was possible.

This was really my first time stepping into any of the many apartment buildings that were spread across the entire city. There was not very much to it nor was it very pretty to look at, even taking into consideration the fact that it had been shot up during the revolution. The whole place looked like it could use a complete renovation of everything.
    From the stained carpet on the floor to the peeling wall paper all the way to the couches that were meant to offer clients a place to sit down. Nothing but the vending machine in the corner and the electricity as a whole seemed to be in working condition. For our purposes that was just fine but as a tenant before the revolution? Not so much..

Mira continued through the lobby after scanning the major areas for Splicers. There were tons of nooks and crannies for them to hide in but so long as we were quiet we would be fine. That was the golden rule of Rapture really. 'If you are quiet enough to where it is like you do not exist, then you truly do not exist.'
    Together we walked towards the first flight of stairs with nothing but the soft sounds of our footsteps and her steady breathing breaking the deathly silence. Nothing moved the entire time. The silence was enough to make one question their sanity.

We pushed on though and eventually we got to the top of the first flight of stairs. I wasn't sure how many we had left but I hoped that they all went as quietly as the first one had. With her in the lead I was left to watch our backs as well as make sure that nothing came from the vents overhead. From experience I knew that Spider Splicers liked to use them as quick means of getting from place to place within a building.
    I hoped that this was not one such building. All the same I kept my guard as sharp as I could with the way my head was beginning to spin.

(No worries)
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:14 pm

I feel a deep breath well up in my chest. This was going mighty well for the happenings that were going on. I was just hoping that the rest of the stairs went as smoothly. I caught myself looking back to the Sister behind me more and more. Every time I looked back, it seemed almost that her posture fell just a bit. That little bit could turn into inches over time however. I just didn’t want to have to carry her up two or three flights of stairs. As much as I didn’t let it on, I was worried about her. You could see the small dribbles of blood dancing behind her. It was just another eerie reminder that Rapture was always out to kill you.

I make sure that I walk quickly, but not too quickly that she falls behind. After making it down the hall and to the next door, I realize that we are almost to our safe zone for the night. I hoped that nothing would bother us, and if we were quiet, then we might get lucky and get through the night without having to worry about any interruptions or fights.

As haunting as my past was, lingering behind me, I knew that I had to forget about that for now. What was more important was the swiftness of my feet and the recognition of the path ahead of me. It was almost too natural to be making it up these steps. Once again, just like the first time, I took the steps two at a time. I make it up the stairs quickly. I was just glad we hadn’t run into any obstacles yet.

I knew that Echo’s ability to move was slowly drawing to a halt. When I stopped at the top of the stairs, it seemed that the girl would move back and forth, ever so slightly. I had to stop for a moment. ‘Can you go on?’ I mouth the words silently, holding up my hand in a sort-of OK symbol. I was trying to communicate as quickly and quietly as possible with the girl. We only had one more flight of stairs to go up. Well, I hoped that’s all it would take for us to get back to the apartment. If not, then man she would have to carry on. I knew that if it ever came down to it, I could give her the code to the room, but I seriously doubted that she would actually take it. It seemed that she still had that Big Sister tendency. She felt that it was her duty to protect and serve, no matter what the cost was—even if it was her life.

(Might be my last post. Going to shower then getting in bed. Not sure if my mom will let me come back and post afterwards, I'll try though)

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:48 pm

With every flight of stairs we got closer to the place we were going to spend the night. That was the only thing that kept me going at this point. The fact that I was going to be able to finally come to a stop once we got to her home was a very pleasant thought. If not only for the fact that I was going to be able to strip out of my armor to get a better look at myself and my injuries.
    That's not to say that I wasn't having difficulty all the same. Determination could only get you so far before your body just refused to keep up.

My head was spinning from the lack of blood but at the same time I felt this strange kind of awareness around me. Like everything was more clear than it usually was. Perhaps this was just a side effect but right now it was exactly what we needed.
    Despite this advantage I was also slowing down with every flight of stairs that we climbed to get to the next floor. It was just a few steps at first but soon it was a good yard or two behind Mira. My free hand, the one that was not carrying my weapon ready for any kind of opposition we might come across, was grasping at my side where one of the biggest sources of bleeding seemed to be located.

It was on the third flight of stairs that Mira stopped to look back at me with more concern than ever. Apparently I looked a lot worse on the outside than I felt on the inside, which was saying quite a lot considering the twinges of pain that were now continuous.
    She asked me whether I was going to be able to go on and I replied with a hesitant nod of my head. So long as there weren't too many more flights of stairs to go, I was going to be just fine. Just a nod didn't seem enough so I raised my bloodied hand and gave her an OK-symbol in return. If she could have seen my face she would have been able to observe a smile on my lips.

When I caught up with her I took a few deep breaths and nodded my head more to myself than her. I just needed to keep telling myself that everything was going to be fine. We were going to spend the night safe and sound in an apartment with only one entrance and exit. That meant very little chance of attack and an even smaller chance of being discovered.
    We were both quiet by nature and as such there was going to be almost no way for a Splicer to hear us through the doors. Safety was almost guaranteed.

(Aw well, there's always tomorrow..right?)
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:14 pm

(I'm so sorry about today. I had lessons until five and then I was forced to go to walmart for stuff. Now I have to cook dinner. I'll post ASAP!)

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 pm

The girl returns the same hand gesture as I had just used. She said she was okay, but I could tell by her pace that she wasn’t. I sigh quietly, turning as I make it up the rest of the stairs. I was now on floor four. My comrade was falling slowly behind. I could deal with that though. I pull my head out into the hallway, looking down both ways to check and see if any splicers were nearby.

We were so close. What I did next wasn’t a helping hand in the least. I was a survivalist. The faster we got into the apartment, the safer we would be. She was holding us both down. It wasn’t her fault though, no, I couldn’t take it out on her. If it was anyone's fault, it was my own. I opted for her to go through first, and I was the one that didn't come to help her when she was fighting the splicers. Really, I didn't even know how many there were. I didn't care right now. The point was that it was my fault. I would help her just this once, but she wouldn't get such kindness out of me again.

I turn quietly in a moment, walking quickly and silently back down the stairs. I was glad, for once, that the stairwell was wide enough for two people to walk side by side if they wanted to. Without hesitation, I make it down to the girl. I can see the extent of the blood now. She’s bleeding badly. I don’t think about it though. I don’t need to worry about the blood. I walk beside her pulling one hand around her waist. I take care not to press against her or the wound that she holds. I simply try to take her weight and help her move. So there we go, up the stairs, one at a time. She wouldn’t be able to resist my offerings even if she could speak to me. She was much too weak to fight off such a simple gesture.

With my combined help, we both made it up the stairs much faster than she would have had I left her alone. I stop though, before we round the corner towards Apartment 467. There still could be something nearby. I pull her quietly to a stop, taking the time to check around the corners. We were so close now to lost memories, that it was hard to keep track of what all was happening in my mind. I knew that seeing the bones of my father would be a shock, but I was preparing myself for it all.

After I see that nothing has slid out into the open, I begin helping her up the last step and down the hall, to the right, towards the apartment. Her body suit feels strange under my hand. It’s so different helping someone. It’s so strange being with someone that isn’t trying to kill you.

The apartment was five doors from the stairwell, on the left side of the hall once you turned right. Both sides held the same number of doors and mirrored the ones on every floor. I know the way by heart, but I know not of the residents. That’s more what I’m worried about than anything. I keep my eyes on the door, walking quietly beside the Big Sister. It seems that her posture falls with every step we take. I’m just glad that we are close to our escape.

I think we’re close. I really do. We make it to the door, shining brightly that it is indeed Apartment 467. It seems proud of the fact that it is safe and sound; untouched since the last time I had been inside its walls. I stop at the door, pulling my arm away from her to scroll through the numbers until I find the right ones to make the combination. Then, I hear the sliding of a door. My head shoots up, looking around for the location the noise had originated from. There’s quiet whistling and I turn. Whoever it is has just come from the room at the very end of the hallway. She whistles quietly and happily to a tune I haven’t heard before. I don’t want to know it. Actually, for once, I thought I had actually gotten out of something scotch free, but I’m mistaken. That’s Rapture for you, for sure.
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 pm

By the final dozen steps I was having to push myself much harder than ever before. It was like my body was slowly beginning to shut down in order to preserve itself. A very strange sensation for someone who had never been seriously injured before. The pain was one thing but the drowsiness and the wet feeling from the blood was another. The combination was not a sensation that I wanted to feel ever again.
    Suddenly I felt a presence next to me and when I turned my head I found myself looking at Mira. At first I was confused but then I felt her move into a position next to me from which she could help me climb the final stairs. As much as I hated being the weak one..I was very much grateful for her help at this point.

We reached the top of the stairs and she stopped to check the hallway. During that time I glanced behind us to make sure that no-one was following our progress. There was nothing but the empty stairwell. I took a deep breath and prepared myself to move again as my companion helped me into the empty corridor.
    She knew where we were going and immediately headed towards one of the last doors, numbered as 467.

We were literally two steps away from being in safety when suddenly a sound stops us both. We both turn towards the source of the noise only to watch as a female Splicer casually walks out of a room further down the hallway. The tune she whistled was happy and she seemed to take no notice of us as she immediately turned and headed towards the stairwell. However as she neared it, she glanced down towards the trail of blood droplets that led out into the hallway. She paused for a second as if mulling over what the red drops could be.
    I raised the hand that was covering my wound and aimed it at the Splicer as I felt electricity run to my fingertips with little sparks that made the hair at the back of my neck stand on end. If the woman so much as turned I was going to hit her with a shock that would either kill or leave her stunned for at least a few minutes.

Such a thing never happens though. Rapture was known for having blood spattered all over it anyway. Apparently the Splicer thought that there was no reason for her to investigate where the blood trail was going. She shrugged to herself quietly and then continued on her way into the stairwell, disappearing from view, as the sound of her happy whistling faded into silence the further she got down the staircases.
    I breathed a silent sigh of relief as my hand was lowered and I could replace it onto my side. Now we were free to get inside before any more of them appeared from any of the other rooms. It was perfect timing as well for I could feel my consciousness slip just slightly.

The fact that the Splicer could come back and discover us didn't even cross my mind. I was much more focused on getting inside and behind closed doors. All other things seemed to take second place when put up against that objective. If Mira wanted to go after the Splicer I was not going to stop her but I knew that I wasn't going to be able to go with her. Not in my state. What I needed was a place to lie down and time to wrap up my injuries before I lost any more blood.
    For that reason I made a very slight motion towards the door with my head.

(Sorry about the wait, I was at a tutoring session for the exam I have tomorrow)
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:06 pm

It’s silent for a moment. It’s not the normal quiet though. It’s the ‘stuff’s gonna go down’ kind of quiet that makes you afraid to move. At the moment, I wasn’t. My arm gripped hard on the shot gun as I watched the Splicer. She was just like all the rest of them. A limb had a grotesque growth covering most of it as did her leg. I can feel the girl beside me just as tense as I was. She wanted to be in safety, but she was ready to fight harder than ever. We could almost taste our freedom and it wasn’t going to slip away from us that easily.

We were lucky. The splicer finds nothing wrong with the scene, and soon escapes down the stairwell. The moment she is gone, I can tell we both relax. It’s not complete relaxation, but a short one. It’s like a breath of fresh air.

It doesn’t take me long to snap out of my thoughts. Echo was antsy to get in and to get her armor off. I could understand it though. I knew it would probably take some help just to get herself bandaged up. I pull myself to the door quietly. I flick the sliders quietly with my finger, being as fast as possible with each. The numbers read out ‘2581’ when I was finished. Pushing a small button on the lock, I heard the door unlatch. I wait a moment before reaching for the handle. I turn it quietly and the door slides quietly open.

The first rush of air is stale. No one has been in here for a while. Even the smell of rotting corpse was gone from the room. I wave my hand forward, pushing myself into the room. Since the apartment only had three rooms, the first served as the living room and kitchen. The couch and radio sat almost directly in front of the door, while the stove and refrigerator sat in the back, behind the chair. I do everything to keep my eyes from catching the couch. I know that we won’t be staying in here much unless she can’t make it to one of the further rooms.

I turn toward her, quietly watching. I mouth the words, ‘follow me’ to her, taking a few steps backwards. I was making my way towards the back, were the doors to the two separate rooms were. One was my own room, while the other was my parent’s room. I hadn’t really thought about where I was going to put her. I only assumed that my room would be best fit, since I didn’t want to even think about my parents. Every step into that room would be heartache, and I didn’t want to deal with that.

(I'm so sorry about that. I didn't see the post until about twenty minutes ago. It didn't seem to want to refresh on my page)

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 pm

We had probably just barely dodged a bullet with how lucky we were the Splicer didn't notice us in the hallway. Had she turned to see us she probably would have yelled out in alarm and that would have been it. No safety for us. Even if we managed to kill her whoever else was in the Apartment would hear the commotion and would inevitably come to check out what all of the noise was about.
    It could have turned into one big huge mess that would have left more dead and the both of us without anywhere to spend the evening. In my case it would have most likely meant slipping into a coma or something along those lines.

Mira was quick to resume what she had been doing when we were interrupted by the Splicer. She put the code into the lock on her door and with a click the door was open. We were safe for all intensive purposes. Unless something or someone had gotten into the room while it was vacant, which didn't appear to be the case, we were home free..quite literally. It was a pretty quaint little apartment with enough space for a small family. Quite cozy really.
    Something about it seemed welcoming or at least it would have seemed welcoming back before Rapture went to hell. Considering this was an apartment in Pauper's Drop, that was quite a feat on its own.

As soon as we got into the room I used the hand that had been grasping at my side to begin unlatching some of the clasps at the neck of my helmet. Only half of my attention was on following my companion through the apartment.
    Once as many clasps as I could reach with that hand were unlatched I began working on the weapon attached to my arm. A strap or two and a twist of a knob was all the weapon needed before I was able to lift it off my arm. I carried it in my right hand while my left hand busied itself with the remaining clasps of my helmet.

It seemed like Mira was leading me towards one of the two bedrooms in the apartment. I assumed that one was hers and the other one had been her parents. I briefly tried to imagine what kind of emotions were going through her but found that I couldn't. I didn't remember the pain I had felt when I was first separated from my parents..how could I possibly imagine the pain she felt now? It just wasn't possible.
    So instead of trying to think about it, I focused on following her and what my hand was doing.
    Whatever she decided were the proper arrangements I was going to go with.

(Yeah, I hate when that happens)
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Don’t think about it…Don’t think about it…My mind was swimming. Every bit of emotion that I had felt in this house seemed to be coming back to me. Every bit of anguish; every bit of pain was coming back to me now. Every bump and scar swam through my memories. I wanted to be thinking about something else. Hell, I wanted to be somewhere else entirely. Every step seems to be in slow motion. Every movement and every sight is just another ever so close reminder of the past. I didn’t like it. I just couldn’t think about it.

Mom tried her best to make the place look welcoming. There were paintings on the walls and small trinkets on little shelves. A rug ran across the floor. It was now covered in blood, but it was still the rub mother prided herself in. The only thing not really inviting about the room was the couch and what lay on it. I wasn’t going to worry about that though. Right now, I had to just not think about it.

After a very short walk to the back of the room, I reach the door I’m looking for. Mother thought it was very cute to advertise that her daughter lived in this room. When we first moved here, I painted wooden letters to decorate the door. That was a long time ago, I just never had the time or the want really to take them down. For that reason, “MIRA” greets me in green before I turn the knob and push the door to.

“You need to lie down”
    I speak simply, taking in only the shortest of moments to look around the room. It was very tidy, and very simple. Even though we were poor, mother strived to get me cute furniture, so I ended up having the most furniture in the house. The bed is covered in a simple black comforter with green sheets. They were simple, but they were mine and I liked them. Now, it seemed, they would be getting covered in blood. I had to say I didn’t really mind. When would I really ever sleep in this room again?

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Mira was doing her best to keep her eyes focused on where she was going rather than her surroundings. There was something almost mechanical in her movements. The same kind emotionless tone as the one that she portrayed in her personality. I could tell it was from the fact that we were in her old home though. Whether she wanted them to or not there were memories flowing through her head.
    It was not my place to ask but I couldn't help but wonder what kind of memories she had. Were they happy ones? Were they sad ones? I suppose I was never going to know for sure.

As we passed into a room I noticed that her name had been spelled onto the door in wooden letters. It was a warm touch though the color did not seem to fit now. Green was not a good color to describe Mira with. I guessed that the letters had been put on her door when she was much younger and she had just never taken them off. That seemed to be a much better explanation.
    Still, I felt a smile come to my lips as we slipped into the simple yet warm room she had once called her own. Everything about the apartment was simple but the simplicity of it all was what made it such a nice place.
    I was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of her voice telling me that I needed to lie down.

There was a pause as I brought both of my hands up to pull my helmet up off my head. I set the now dented metallic sphere down next to the door before replying.
    "I couldn't.." I breathed quietly as I looked down at the bed that was so neatly made with green sheets. It was Mira's bed and I felt as though I did not have to the right to stain her bed with my blood. There was something just..wrong about it. For that reason I hesitated as I stood near the entrance to the room, carefully working at getting the rest of my armor off as gently as I could. I took off the pieces I knew were still intact first before moving on to the ones that had been pierced by rounds from the Splicer's machine gun.
    The Splicers had stepped up the ammunition they used in their weapons that much was obvious. At the beginning of the revolution such a weapon would not have been able to go through my armor.

Now that I had come to a stop and I had the time to feel where the pain was coming from, I knew that I had two wounds in my side and one in my leg at the upper thigh. Considering the number of rounds that had been fired at me, that was quite a blessing.
    "Could you help me with this..please?" I asked in a quiet voice as I began to undo the straps that kept my breastplate in place. I was going to need her to help me hold the armor in place so that it did not fall to the ground too suddenly when all of the clasps were undone.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:37 pm

I never thought I would have been back in this place. This horrible, horrible place. It was probably my fault that all of this was happening. I could have easily refused. I could have easily found a record player someplace else. I knew there was one here. That was the only reason this had been decided on. I knew that I could find what I was looking for here without having to search high and low for one that might or might not work. It was just that simple.

The girl doesn’t do as I tell her as she gets the helmet off. She doesn’t think she can. She thinks she’ll be stepping on my toes or something. I turn to give her a harsh look. It was probably more than just harsh, but I wasn’t in the mood for all of this proper bull. I took in a short breath, turning and walking towards her. I didn’t care if she was a Big Sister or not. She was going to do what I said, or she wasn’t ever going to stop the bleeding.

What she didn’t understand was that this wasn’t my home anymore. As much as I had enjoyed the warmth of the bed before, right now, I could care less. This was a distant reminder, not my place of residence. I didn’t want the memories that were swirling around in my head. No—They were being forced upon me by a stupid action and stupid thoughts. If blood got on the sheets, then blood got on the sheets.

I am quiet as I take a step towards her. She’s still fighting with the armor. She wants it to come off as soon as possible. She asks for my assistance. I feel my jaw tighten slightly.
    “Lay. Down.” I wasn’t asking. I was telling her what she was going to do. It wasn’t going to help her any if she kept her weight on her. She could barely stand as it was. I take in a deep breath before taking a grip on the chest plate that she had asked me to help her with. I hold onto it tight, but my eyes never stop watching her. I’m harsh as I watch her, but soon, my eyes break from hers a moment.

Looking down my body, I look to the dark red spot that has soaked into my dress. I knew it was there all along, but I hadn’t had a reason to bring it up. It was blood, which was something that would get on you when you were killing people and helping people that were hurt.

“You’ve already got blood on my dress, if it gets on my bed then oh well. Just lay down”
    I nod quietly to her, trying to show her that it was okay to do as I requested.

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 pm

The way Mira spoke to me made me stop in my movements to get my armor off altogether. She seemed annoyed by the fact that I did not want to mess up the bed in the middle of the room. As if she didn't care about it anymore. I suppose in a way it made sense for her not to think of it as her room anymore. It had been a long time since anyone had been in here. Over time such things are quickly forgotten and the personal attachment is lost. It seemed that exactly that had happened in this case.
    That didn't make it any easier to get my blood all over the sheets of the bed. Where was she going to sleep?

I quickly pushed the question out of my head though as she approached me to help me with my breastplate. At least she was going to help me with this piece before I did what I was told and went to lie down. At least my leg armor could be taken off while I was prone, the breastplate was not one such part of my suit.
    As she helped hold the piece in place I undid all of the straps and clasps so that it came loose from my body. I gasped out suddenly as the leather came out of the puncture wounds the bullets had caused. The pain passed quickly though followed by a new stream of blood.

What was making my wounds bleed so much was both a curse and a blessing all in the same package. This was because both of the wounds in my side were through and through bullet wounds that came in and out in one clean hole. Which meant that we didn't need to worry about getting a bullet out of my body. Sure it meant more bleeding immediately but in the long run it meant a lot less pain for me. Neither of us were doctors and we were nowhere near the medical pavilion, the infamous home of completely insane Dr. Steinman.

This time it took very little convincing on Mira's part for me to limp carefully towards the bed. When next to it I allowed myself to come down and then turn so I could lift my feet up over the comforter. As soon as my head hit the pillow I closed my eyes and proceeded to take a few long deep breaths.
    It felt much better not to be standing up anymore.
    "I'm sorry.." I whispered suddenly as I opened my eyes again to look at my companion for a moment or two. Why was I the one who was causing us so much trouble? I was supposed to be the strong one..but really I saw myself for the weak creature that I truly was. It was humiliating.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 pm

I could tell that she was almost hurt by my tone. Good. She didn’t need to be thinking that I was trying to form any sort of bond between the two of us. Really, I think I would have rather it had she not gotten hurt. Then, I could go to a room and she could have the other. There would have to be no human contact between us. Some people would say that I’m just being a bitch, but I really wasn’t. I had made myself stop having connections with people long before I left home. My father had made it very clear that you could not trust people, nor could they trust you. I had every chance in the world to end this girl’s life. If you had been smart, I would have had no chances.

I shake my head slowly. There were so many things in this environment causing me to be far bitterer than I would normally have been. I had trusted her with my life one before, so really, it was surely the pot calling the kettle black. Even then, however, I knew that I held every bit of power in this partnership now. I held her life within my grasp and with that came great bits of trust.

The girl finally lets the plate loose and I feel it fall slightly. It was much heavier than I had expected. What I expected least of all however was the sharp moan of pain that escaped the girl’s lips. Had I don’t something to hurt the wounds? I hadn’t, but the plate had apparently been stopping most of the bleeding. Even in the darkness I can see the thick red liquid falling to the ground.

It’s only now that she complies with my order. Feebly she limps over to the bed. She tries hard to ease herself atop the mass of comfort, but soon it doesn’t matter. Her head meets the pillow and a quiet sigh escapes her lips. Her eyes fall closed, if only for a moment, and she takes a moment to take in the feeling. I, on the other hand, need to start getting the bandages ready. I don’t know what I should really do though. I am no doctor, nor would I ever wish to be one. I don’t know what to do in this type of situation.

“Don’t apologize” I speak simply, coming to stand beside the bed. I pull my backpack off, placing it on an empty part of the bed quietly. I pull it open, pulling out the bottle of pain killers and the bandages I brought with me.

“With the amount of blood you’ve lost, I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re in bed for a few days before your strength fully returns. It’ll be longer if we don’t stop this bleeding” My voice has softened up quite a bit. It’s not warm, but it’s surely not ordering or angry.

“If you just tell me what to do, I’ll help as best I can. You don’t need to be moving.”

(I must apologize, but this is my last post of the night. I have stayed up much past my regular bed time)

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 am

As I laid there on the bed with my eyes closed, during that brief moment, I asked myself a simple question; how much better off would Mira be if I died right here and now? Yes it was a very distressing question to ask but at the same time it was a very logical question at the same time. If I were to die then she would be free to take my supplies, those at the restaurant, and all of the Adam I carried within me. Not to mention the fact that she wouldn't have to deal with me anymore and she could go back to being a lone wolf against the whole city.
    She wouldn't need to waste another thought on this Big Sister.

I was snapped back to reality by Mira's voice next to me, telling me that I was probably going to need a few days of rest before I would be back at full strength. I felt a small smile come to my lips as I shook my head. I did not doubt that I was going to need time but I did know that it would not be quite as long as she estimated.

"Our bodies heal much faster than normal human bodies do..I'd be surprised if these injuries kept me down more than a day. Perhaps even the night will be enough but that might be pushing even my abilities.." I spoke in a quiet voice as I turned my head to look at Mira for a few seconds. Was there ever going to be anything in those eyes of hers? I wondered briefly what she may have looked like before any of this happened. Back when she could smile with her eyes as well as her lips. I imagined her as being the complete opposite of what she was now.
    So she was probably the most beautiful woman in the entire of Pauper's Drop back then.

The thought almost made me smile but then I was reminded that I needed to guide her through the bandaging of my injures. It was quite simple compared to how serious my injuries would have been to a normal person. However they were still much more severe than just a cut or a gash that could be wrapped up in simple cloth.
    "My bag should have some cotton pads in it, along with more bandaging. Use the cotton pads to cover the wounds and then wrap them as tightly as you can. My body should be able to do the rest now that I'm not on the move.."

My gaze followed her figure as she moved about the room, getting things together to bandage up my injuries. As she did this I lifted my body up slightly and somehow managed to get the zipper at the back of my diving suit drawn down to the base of my spine. Pulling down the top half of the suit was easy and I allowed myself to come back down on the bed once I knew my side was out in the open. One of my hands moved down to draw my now red undershirt up over my stomach.
    A normal human body would have had large tears in the tissue around the area where the bullet pierced through the skin but my body was different, thankfully. Instead of ragged holes there were simply circular puncture wounds. Both were very close together as if the first round had weakened my armor and the second passed through the weakened plate.

I had almost forgotten that my leg needed some attention as well. When I did remember this I made to draw my diving suit the rest of the way down but I found that my body had ceased to respond. It was forcing itself into slumber in order to give it a chance to regenerate.
    "And my leg..don't forget..please.." My voice began strong but quickly fell until it was just above a whisper.
    "Thank you." I breathed quietly as my consciousness finally slipped and I fell into a strange darkness. It wasn't quite sleep but it felt very similar.

(Well, I'll see you whenever it is you get on.)
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:05 pm

I had calmed down quite a bit from when we had gotten here. The adrenaline was wearing off quickly and now I had time to think. It didn’t take me long before I made up my mind that I was going to be simple minded for a while. The longer I thought about my past, the more of a bad mood I fell into. I would simply think about the girl in front of me and the help she needed. I couldn’t think about the quiet sounds of music that used to fill the room, or the smell of food making itself known throughout the apartment… No. I was doing it again. I take in a short breath, looking up. Every word that falls from her lips I take in, trying hard to distract myself.

I had heard that the little ones healed easily. Of course, I never stayed near them long enough to actually witness that. If I found one, the daddy was either dead or very threatening at the time. I had never heard the same about the Big Sisters though. It could be true and I just had no evidence. Really, she had no reason to lie to me. That was a comforting thought. She wasn’t going to lie about something like that.

I take in a small breath as I begin to follow her instructions. I pull her bag towards me from where she had dropped it when she got into the bed. I take no time before pulling open the top. It seemed that all the items she had listed were right there, quietly waiting to be used. I fish in the bag, pulling out the contents that we said. She seemed to have more cotton pads and bandaging than I had carried with me for a while.

By the time that I have gotten everything ready, she has already gotten her armor down past the wounds. I was happy for that. I knew that it would take her a lot of energy to fight with the suit, but I was glad I didn’t have to worry about it.

She seems to be losing consciousness quickly. I have to stop the bleeding as fast as possible. I pull myself up closer to her. I take no time looking at it. I pull what little bit of Alcohol I have left in my bag out. I was saving it, but I knew that this would be more important.

“This will hurt a little” I mutter quietly, pulling the open bottle to the place where she had been shot. I had to say that this wasn’t like any kind of bullet wound I had ever endured. It was much different, almost like a different kind of wound or something. I take in a slow breath before pouring the liquid silently. I can feel her tense up, but I look up to see her eyes fading. She’s about to lose consciousness. I know that’s inevitable so I just continue with my work. I hear quiet words, reminding me to not forget about her leg. I knew that now, her life was in my hands. That was a strange thing to think about. Not just a strange thought, but a strange action for me. There had to be something wrong with me. There was no way that I was helping someone intentionally. This was surely out of my realm.

I feel her body relax underneath my hands. I’ve pulled the cotton pads out of their packet, taking caution when pressing it to the wounds. I wasn’t sure how I was going to be able to pick her up and wrap her body. I sighed quietly, pressing the bits of cotton onto the wounds. They weren’t as spread apart as I had seen. That was good, it would take far less bandaging now.

That’s what I was ready for now. The bandaging was something that I needed to get done as fast as possible. I pull the roll into my hand. She seems to have a few more rolls and I have enough to get through any more processes that’ll be needed. I take caution to pull her up straight, letting her unconscious body rest on mine. I start at the back, wrapping the bandaging tightly around her abdomen. I get it wrapped a few times before I run out of bandaging. I think that’ll suffice, at least for now. I take in a short breath, pulling the small bit of tape from the package to tape it in place. She’s not as heavy as I had expected for her to be at first, but really, she’s a small girl. She seemed to be in between those two stages of child and woman. Her curves were almost nonexistent and she looked very…innocent. There really wasn’t any other way to put it. I sigh quietly, whatever I was thinking was quite stupid.

I lightly let her back down, resting her head on the pillow beneath. Now it was on to her leg. It wouldn’t take me very long to get plating off. Well, I hoped it wouldn’t after all, it seemed quite straightforward. Pulling on the buckles, they quietly unlatch with less trouble than I had expected. Soon, I have all of them unbuckled and they rest there. I can assume which leg is injured. It’s the only one that has blood on the under armor. I pull it off, lifting her leg to get the whole bit off. Quietly I go to work. Just as the first, I pull the alcohol up to clean the wound, dabbing it afterwards with the cotton. I press it on. I am much faster this time. I know what I’m doing and it’s much more comforting that I know such.

I pull her leg up, continuing the same actions as before. Beginning the wrap until it covered the area well. When I deemed it enough, I tied it off. They were straight through shots. She was lucky that I didn’t have to cut the bullets out of here. She would surely be feeling it then. It doesn’t feel right that I had such contact with her. Yes, I was helping her, but still…shouldn’t she have been awake when a pulled her armor off at least most of her body? Shouldn’t she be able to observe the goings on so I didn’t mess anything up? I didn’t know why I was so worried about it. It would be alright.

I take the bits of trash, throwing them into the floor. The bed needed to be clear of obstacles and random junk. I took her bag and set it on the floor. My own, I took the moment to rifle through. The Accu-Vox audio recorder seems to be at the very bottom of my bag. I pull it out, moving to set it on the nightstand beside the bed. I push a small button, and soon the quiet sounds of Sander Cohen’s Masterpiece fill the air. It’s soft, and I know it’s not loud enough to get through the walls. That might help her sleep. I wasn’t sure. All I knew was that it helped me sleep many a times in the earlier months

(Sorry about that. I got home about 4:45, but I kinda kept writing)

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Losing consciousness as a result of blood loss is a very different thing from losing consciousness from tiredness or taking a particularly vicious hit to the head. There is no pain, instead there is this very deep drowsiness that seems to spread throughout the body so slowly it's almost unnoticeable. Of course that is due to the slowly diminishing blood pressure levels throughout the body but the feeling is strange all the same. It is a feeling that ensures that someone will only ever want to feel it once in their lives and never again. Perhaps not painful but very uncomfortable.

Never before I had come across such a strange sensation or had I ever fallen into such a deep sleep. It felt like the kind of sleep that a person would never wake up from. Briefly, in my subconscious, I began to wonder whether I was dead. After all these years of fighting for survival..I had finally met my end by the hands of the Splicers.
    The thought was almost comforting..that it was all over now. No more fighting. No more death. No more blood. No more pain. Nothing.
    However I knew better than to assume I had passed away.

Before long an image projected itself in my mind. A dream. I was walking through the silent streets of Rapture humming a soft tune. There was no movement beyond my own as I made my way down one street and into another. The walls were grand, beautiful, and made of solid gold. Every wall was covered by a velvet red drape that gave the whole place the look of the inside of a castle.
    I turned my head to find that there was a large man walking beside me, clothed in a large suit of elegant looking armor, holding my hand with a touch so light I had not noticed it before now.
    Words came to me without my thinking of them.
    "C'mon Mr. Bubbles! Let's go find an angel!"A voice that was not my own said to which the man beside me responded with a nod of his head. My body began to skip along the road until I suddenly came upon a body laying in the middle of it. The person looked to be sleeping on the ground with their arms neatly folded across their chest.
    I quickly approached the figure and crouched down beside it with some kind of instrument in my hand. It was just as pretty as the rest of my surroundings and I pressed the tip of it against the stomach of the sleeping person.
    "All done Mr.B!" The voice said proudly as my body straightened up and we continued down along the road.

Together with the knight in elegant armor I made my way down an alley until I reached a large golden vent that was decorated with drawings of animals, sprinkled with rose petals, and called me towards it like a beacon.
    "Time for beddy-bye Mr. Bubbles..I'm very sleepy." The voice that was apparently mine said while stepping up onto the ledge just below the hole. I jumped up to grab the hole with my hands while I felt an arm beneath my feet helping me up so I could crawl into the darkness with ease.
    "I'm going to tell the other girls I have the best daddy ever!" As the voice said this everything fell into darkness.

(GAH Your post made me go and listen to that wonderful piece. Smile
    I was going to post Echo waking up but that would happen in the morning )
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:09 pm

I knew that I should probably keep myself awake. I would need to watch her and make sure that she would do fine during the night. I wasn’t afraid of someone barging in the apartment. I wasn’t afraid of something coming silently in the night to kill us. No—I was afraid for my partner’s sake. I had taken all that time and care into getting her wrapped up safely that I didn’t just want it lost because I fell asleep.

All the while I wanted to stay up, I wanted to sleep as well. I wanted to run away from all the thoughts that would soon be flooding my mind. I didn’t want to think about the apartment I was in. The home that I used to live in. Just beyond that door, the bones of my father rest in silent mourning. Just on the other side of the apartment were photographs and items that belonged to my mother. It all hurt, much more than I wanted them to anyway.

I pull myself across the room. There’s a weight in my heart. I pull myself into the pale pink arm chair that I used to read in. The moment I sit it seems a fog washes over me; A haze of sleep, like my body is telling me what I should do. It would be better if I slept. I hadn’t been able to sleep a lot in a while, and it would be good for me once I got this record player back to her little hide out. Still, even with such reason behind it all, I couldn’t pull myself to sleep. So, for a while I watched her. As strange and creepy as it sounded, it was comforting. Her chest rose and fell with the silent breaths that she took. Her body lay still—too tired to move. I knew that it would be awhile before she awoke. Hell, it would probably be morning before she awoke from the induced unconsciousness.

Soon, after watching her quiet sleep, my eyes grow heavy. I’m not fond of the feeling, but I can’t stop it. Soon, I sleep, just as the girl does. Sleep seems so close to death. The only difference is that you awaken from sleep. Death is forever. I know it could come upon me if I don’t sleep. Soon, my thoughts get away from me and my eyes fall closed. It doesn’t take long before I’m lightly sleeping in the chair, shotgun in lap; ready for anything.

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:13 pm

(I was going to try and reply once more but we're just heading out for dinner. I should be back before long though)
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:22 pm

(I'll hopefully be here. Have to go out at 9:10 for about an hour, but besides that I'll be back. Speaking of, my posts tomorrow will either be very short or none at all. There's a football game and we aren't allowed to have our phones out and I won't be back till midnight)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:36 pm