HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]

Dream Rationally

I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]

Post by Dream Rationally on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to Rapture

"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No,' says the man in Washington, 'it belongs to the poor.'
    'No,' says the man in the Vatican, 'it belongs to God.'
    'No,' says the man in Moscow, 'it belongs to everyone.'

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...”
    Rapture!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Rapture. A city where the artist can roam freely, the scientist can create with the sky as the limit, and the power is with the people. Such a place could never exist on land therefore it was literally built on the bottom of the ocean, as far away from the governing powers as possible. Out of every jurisdiction. The extreme of extremes. It is a massive place with buildings that tower over head and long walkways that link different areas of the city together.
    Everything you could ever want you can find in Rapture. There are stores, restaurants, hotels, spas, housing units, art galleries, markets, sports centers and for those who enjoy a little bit of nighttime excitement there are bars and love-houses. Everyone is welcome in Rapture! There are no minorities. Everyone is equal. Everyone gets a fair share.
    All of this is thanks to to the hard work and dedication of our founder Andrew Ryan!

At least..that's how things used to be. Before the revolution. On New Year's Eve, at 12:00 on the dot, just as the clocks were ticking down and the champagne bottles were about to be popped, explosions rang through the entire city. The whole foundation of Rapture was shaken to its very core. Those explosions marked the beginning of what would be a long battle throughout the streets between those who supported Andrew Ryan and those who supported a man named Frank Fontaine. Soon blood coated every wall on every corner of the city. The year 1959 was off to a great start.

Hundreds died and those that didn't die..were left to slowly go insane. Driven only further to insanity by their addiction to Adam; the genetical stimulant that once kept the wheels of Rapture turning.
    The side-effect of this drug was both an overwhelming addiction to it and a range of horrible disfigurations due to the way the drug affected the human body. Those addicted where named Splicers and those Splicers are all that are left in this city. They do whatever they can to get their hands on Adam..even if it means killing each other. Many have banded together in order to overpower those who are weak, making them even more dangerous.

The revolution was two years ago. There are now those who are merely trying to get by and those who are trying to escape. But to escape means going through hell and back again...straight through the center of the city. Can you make it out?
    Let's see, shall we?
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Re: I chose... Rapture. [Faith/ Dream]

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 am

The sobs continued. I was faced with three men in front of me, smiles of sickening glee on their faces. I heard one of them whisper “what a catch” to himself and I began backing up. Closer and closer to my weapons I grew until I was upon them. If that Big Sister didn’t make her appearance soon, then I would fight them myself.

I don’t have to wait as long as I was willing to. That was a good thing. She didn’t put me into a real situation of distress. “Please” The word escapes my lips. I see the dim glow of red behind them. I know that she has come to help, as spoken before.

In only a moment, she has surprised all three of them and dragged the male with the shot gun into the alleyway. I was left with two very confused splicers.

“She’s a Little ‘un!”
    Of course, they assume that they’ve messed with the wrong female. Of course, I looked far too old to be one, but they had nothing else to assume, but that. Before they had a chance to react much, I was up to my feet. I have to roll out of the way. The one already had electrobolt flying. I hold out my hand and a stream of frost hits that one. I throw my rolling pin, hard, toward him. It flies to the frozen body, sticking through his chest, and causing him to shatter.

The other one was running at me. He tackles me down to the ground, stumbling up and trying to cut me with a knife he had been hiding somewhere eon his person. I turn over, pushing myself up and off the ground.

“Have a taste a’ this, Dolly” there’s a dark chuckle as he holds out his hand. The sleeves of his shirt are rolled up to his elbow. His arm is a dark black/brown color and large hives are scattered about his skin. With a simple pulse of his hand, a large swarm comes from his arm right for me. I mutter a quiet curse. This was one attack that was hard to avoid. Another blast of ice at the man. Frost covers his skin, but he does not freeze like the others, he only slows slightly. I run, fast, rolling toward my rolling pin. If I could kill the splicer, the swarm would fall as well.

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:31 am

The two remaining men were taken completely off guard by the disappearance of their partner as they were greeted by nothing but the sight of a Big Sister dragging him off into the darkness. Immediately they jumped to the conclusion that the girl they had attacked was in fact a Little Sister despite how silly that assumption was. There was really no other explanation in their eyes. In their knowledge Big Sisters only ever appeared when a Little Sister was in danger, they didn't know that I was different from those protectors.

The man I dragged into the darkness with me didn't put up much of a fight. He struggled but only managed to tire himself out in my grasp. With a quiet grunt I brought his head into contact with the nearest wall and watched as he collapsed into a heap on the ground. There was no chance of him waking up from that kind of a blow.
    Once I was sure that he was down I turned back to head towards the continued sounds of fighting. I couldn't afford to leave the woman in a 2 versus one for too long.
    Even as I neared the entrance to the alleyway I could see that she was in trouble.

With a loud thump I came to land on the ground in the space between the two of them. Although I knew that the woman could probably take the Splicer on without my help, I was there to help her. Not just stand aside and let her get stung by the insects his Plasmid sent out. This kind of swarm attack wasn't very easy to counter unless you had the proper counter Plasmid, which was exactly what I had.
    His eyes widened as he saw me bring my arm up and he noticed the flames that were licking at the tips of my fingers. The poor soul only had a moment to step back before it was too late for him to get out of the way.
    "No! Wait!" He cried but by then the stream of flame was upon him and he erupted into an explosion of fire and the insects he had sent out after the girl were stopped in their tracks by the intense heat.

A Big Sister's Incinerade Plasmid was much more powerful than the one that a normal person could find at a Gatherer's Garden. Instead of firing bursts of flame that would ignite a person, they could fire long streams much like a flame-thrower that were meant to completely immolate their enemies. The chance of surviving such an intense blast of flame was next to none. Just to be sure though I kept the stream of fire aimed straight at his body as he twisted and turned in agony. He could not scream though as the fire simply used up the oxygen around him. Not only was he burning but he had no air to breathe in either.

Finally I allowed the flames to die down and I watched as the now charred body of the Splicer fell to the ground in what was pretty close to a pile of ashes.
    I turned my head towards the woman and I looked at her with a tilt of my head that looked almost worried. She was the priority here. If she was hurt then I had failed.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:58 am

Really, I was more worried about not getting hundreds of little stings all over my body. That was probably one of the hardest injuries to overcome here. It was hard when you swelled up like a balloon. Most of the time, everything ended up swelling your throat up, causing you to die from lack of oxygen. So, for the time being, I was good with just rolling around like a fool on the ground, trying to get to my rolling pin so I could attempt to bash his head in.

I don’t make it to my rolling pin though. I don’t have to. The sister comes from the alleyway. I don’t know what has happened until I hear his plea cries. Then I know that she is there. The buzzing quiets after a few moments and I stop rolling around. My breathing is a bit heavier, and the smell of burning flesh is thick in the air.

I cough slightly, shaking my head as I look up to the Big Sister, still looming over the pile of ashes left in her wake. That is why I had stopped earlier when I saw the palm of fire. They could be merciless with their plasmids at times.

She doesn’t look over the man for long before turning and tilting her head towards me. I sigh, looking around. We had made so much noise, it was a surprise that the whole Drop hadn’t come to kill us yet. I stumble to my feet, looking down to brush the dirt from the green cloth that hung from my body. I seemed okay, only a little sting, but it wasn’t anywhere serious. I had probably attained to sting on the side of my hand sometime at the first of the attack. It didn’t bother me though, and I didn’t even acknowledge the slight sting—I had had worse before.

I look up to the Sister a moment. Another smile falls on my lips. It was probably time for us to split ways. She had a reason she was here, and I was just trying to get by. I didn’t know how to thank her. Really, what would you give to a big sister in thanks for her saving your life? I sigh, rubbing the ridges of the rose on the front of my locket. I did that often when I was thinking about something. I shook my head, looking back up to her. We couldn’t stay here for long, the splicers would come looking to loot what they could from the fight. So, instead of thinking any longer, I just held out a hand. I wasn’t sure if she would take it for a shake or not, but it was worth a try. I had never been in contact with a sister like this before. It seemed that this one had more human qualities than the rest so she might just take me for a shake.

Soon though, I would have to go and loot what was left of the bodies and the Market Shop. I didn’t want it to disappear because of a Spider splicer that happened to crawl from whatever hole it was hiding in.

Alright, I need to go to bed. I’ve got a bigbig day tomorrow haha. Gotta be up early. I might not be on a lot tomorrow. I’ve got a pool party to host out at the country club. I won’t be on from about 3:30/4:00-8:30 and maybe longer than that. I’m sorry haha Band stuff :p

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 am

As much as it was needed I hated the idea of killing these Splicers. Yes they were evil, drug-addicted, murdering monsters of the darkness..but they were still people. With each person I killed I could feel it weighing down my conscience. I suppose that was one way in which I was at a disadvantage when compared to other Big Sisters. They didn't feel anything at all when they erased a person from the face of the earth. It was just a meaningless body to them.
    Me on the other hand, I couldn't help but feel guilty as I looked down at the charred body in front of me. Right now wasn't the time to worry about such things though. With all the commotion we had caused there was a good chance that we weren't going to be alone for very long.

The woman knew this just as well as I did. And as such she got up off the ground as quickly as her body would allow her. Other than the dirt she looked relatively unharmed. That came as a relief to me. At least she wasn't the one who had been injured in all of the fighting. I had sustained some damage but it was nothing to be worried about at this point in time.
    My temporary companion looked at me as I looked back at her. Neither of us really had any idea of what to do next in relation to each other. What was there to do? Just walk on like nothing had happened? That didn't seem like the right action.
    She beat me to moving though and extended her hand in my direction.

There was a moment of pause as I looked down at her hand almost curiously. It took me a moment to realize what she was looking for. Not having been in contact with others during the short span of my life, I wasn't used to such a thing as a 'hand shake' as a way of thanking another for their actions. It seemed like the right thing to do though by the way she had her hand angled towards me.
    Slowly I reached out to take her hand and give it a small squeeze, not really sure what went into a real hand shake. It was good enough though. I almost felt proud of myself when I noticed the smile on her lips.
    Maybe I really had done a good thing today by following those Splicers from my hiding place.. My hiding place! What if I took her back to my hiding place to rest? My mind began to work at a mile a minute. How was I going to communicate my idea to her?

I released her hand from my grasp and I thought for a moment. I then started to at least attempt to get my message across to her. It wasn't a very easy thing.
    First I pointed at her, then I made a beckoning motion with my hand, and then I pointed at myself. My brow furrowed as I watched her expression in the hopes that she understood what I was asking her to do.
    Either she was going to understand it as 'You, come, me' which was close to what I wanted or she would understand it as 'You, follow, me' which was just as good. Both options were correct in terms of what I wanted to suggest to her.

Alright well you have fun tomorrow then! Rest well, it sounds like you're going to need it.
    I'll be on..whenever you reply most likely and probably when you get back from all of that stuff.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:15 am

It was a rather curious sight. A large sister watching my hand with a curiosity that made it clear how little she had been with other people. Just like the little sisters, she had no comprehension of what to really do with my hand. Was she to grasp it, or do something else with the outstretched appendage that I had offered her? She seemed to watch it long enough to be noticeable before reaching out her own hand and taking mine. She squeezes my hand slightly and I move my hands in an upward and downward motion, just to sort of show her what I meant. It was surprising that she had done as much as she had. I was curious now to see what face was behind that diving mask. That was asking a lot of a mere stranger, and the curiosity soon extinguished itself. It was fine that I didn’t see her. We would soon part ways and I would be left with nothing, but the memory of this Sister helping me.

It’s only a moment or two before my hand drops. I need to get going. There were items on all of the bodies that we had left in our wake. She might not have a necessity for the food and Eve as I did, but either way I needed to get back to all the things on the ground.

Before I can start off however, she stops me again by using hand gestures. Is she trying to get me to understand her again? I watch quietly. One point to me, she waves her hand, and then she points to herself. I shake my head.

“I beg your pardon, but do you want me to follow you?” I wasn’t sure what she was getting at with all the movements. Yes, the guess was as educated as it could be, but if it was anything else than that, I wasn’t going to follow her into the dark without knowing why. As highly unlikely as this was to be some complicated scheme to get me to trust her just so she could kill me or something, anything could happen in Rapture. Actually, if it was possible, it happened. I watch her a moment more before looking up toward the ceiling a moment. You could hear what sounded to be movement. I wasn’t sure, but it was better to be safe than sorry. As much as I didn’t like the idea, I would do whatever it was the girl wanted me to do., just because it was safer to be with a Big Sister than all alone fighting splicers. First however, I was going to get what I came for and I turn, rushing to the first victim. He was burned pretty badly, and the chance to get anything was slim, but it was worth a shot.

Goodmorning Smile

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:33 am

My first efforts to communicate with the woman had been a success but by the look on her face this second time around wasn't going quite as smoothly. Not to mention that she still didn't quite trust me, unsurprisingly. Rapture can make a person very weary as to the ways of others. I didn't take it personally in any way.
    I just began to worry about how I was going to get my message across otherwise.

The moment that she spoke and asked me whether I wanted her to follow me, I nodded my head quite enthusiastically. I felt glad that she had understood me. That was an improvement to before though it did mean that she was probably wondering why I wanted her to follow me. What was the best way to explain without taking up too much time?
    Before I had to come to a decision though I noticed a kind of acceptance in her eyes. My immediate assumption was that she was going to come with me. For that reason I let her move away to search the bodies we had left scattered across the ground along with the items the shattered bodies had dropped.
    As she went off to do that I took a few steps towards the center of the square, keeping my eyes focused on anything that moved in the shadows. There was nothing that I could see but the last thing I wanted was for the woman to get attacked from the rear.

A quick glance down at the vial on the underside of my gauntlet told me that I had quite a bit of Eve left in case we did run into any kind of trouble. I hoped we wouldn't though because the last thing we needed right now was any more fighting. We had both been roughed up enough by the first engagement. I didn't even want to think about how roughed up we were going to get now that those coming our way knew we were there. The element of surprise was a thing long in the past.
    Now that I had a second to look myself over I brought a hand up to check some of the places on my body where I could feel pain. Most of the bullets had ricocheted off the metal of my helmet and chest plate leaving small dents but one or two had grazed through the leather armor of my diving suit beneath the protective plating.

With a small sigh I realized that I was going to need to check myself out further once we, assuming she was still coming with me, got back to the place I called 'safe' on the second floor of the restaurant. I glanced over my shoulder at the woman to gauge where she was in the searching of the bodies. There was only so much more time we could spend here before we were definitely going to have unwanted company. I really didn't want to stay long enough for that to happen.

Top of the morning to you! Smile
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:02 pm

The enthusiastic nod that came from the helmet was more than enough to tell me that I had guessed right with what she wanted. It still hung over me, that I trusted her so much. For some reason, it seemed natural almost. It was like I could trust anything she said. It might have been the armor. The Big Sister was sort of a symbol of protection around Rapture. She protected little girls with all her might. She would die for a little girl. With conviction like that, it was hard not to trust such a machine. Even though I trusted her, there was still a part of me that screamed to just leave. Really, why would a Big Sister e conscious of the interactions between other people and herself? They weren’t programmed like that. Could someone have reprogrammed her? A small sigh escapes my lips, I’m still searching bodies. I acted like they were full-on machines. Yes they had armor and they had no conscious movements, but there was, technically, a person inside each of those suits. Maybe this one could just be…Different.

I really had to stop thinking so hard about this. Thinking led to curiosity; Curiosity led to asking questions; asking questions in Rapture could get a bullet in your head faster than anything. You just had to keep your head down and fight whatever came at you. No more was needed unless you wanted to get in the thick of things with everyone. I surely didn’t want to get into the thick of anything in Rapture. Just being in the thin was hard enough.

The looting had come up a very useful movement. They did well at looting the Gentlemen’s club for most of what was valuable I assumed. It came out with a total of three Eve hypos, a first-aid kit, a pack of cigarettes, a bottle of Chechnya Vodka, three 00 buck, and a Hop up soda. I doubted I would ever use the Cigarettes. Really, they restored a small amount of Eve, approximately enough to get one shot off, but they hurt you in the long run, and I just found them unwanted. I would keep them, just in case there was a time when I needed the extra Eve, but I doubted it would come. I can see the Sister watching the shadows as I picked through the bodies. It was strange…seemed almost like she was protecting me like one of those little girls. I chuckled ever so quietly to myself before storing the last item in my bag and pulling myself up. Only three shells wasn’t much, and I knew I would have to use them sparingly if I got in a fight. Yes, it would end an enemy quickly, but it wouldn’t keep the others from coming to fight because of the sound. Gunfire drew more splicers to an area than most other forms of noise. If there was gunfire, there were at least a few pieces of ammunition left when the fighting was over.

I rise to my feet, looking to the Sister a moment. She seemed to be very anxious to get out of the area. Her stance told me that. Well…She wasn’t a very self-confident sister. This being just kept making more and more curious. I take in a short breath before clearing my throat.

“Alright…You wanted me to…follow you somewhere?”

My apologies >.< I was posting and somehow ended up falling asleep at my desk for five hours... I'll try to post faster since I'm kinda sucking at posting as of late.

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:34 pm

The woman knew just as well as I did that there were going to be other Splicers entering the area at some point or another, drawn by the sound of gunfire from that one Splicer I had drawn with me into the darkness of an alleyway. She went through the bodies with a fluid speed that made me feel a little bit more at ease. At least she wasn't taking her time. She was only going for the most important items of all and those were the ones that she stored away in her bag.
    It's not so much that I wasn't confident in my own abilities..okay, maybe it was that I wasn't confident in my abilities, but I just didn't want to get into another fight while she was vulnerable to attack from behind despite my being there to watch over her.

Finally she stood and I heard her voice behind me, causing me to turn my head in her direction. I nodded my head to answer her before I motioned with my hand that she should stay close to me. I wasn't going to go bolting off at the speed I knew I could manage but I wasn't going to just casually walk through the middle of the street either.
    Now that we were ready to go I was rearing to get back to the restaurant so I could get my helmet off and actually talk to the woman. It seemed like everything would have been so much easier if I could have done that from the very beginning. Sadly, I would have been dead without my helmet. Bullets do the same damage to me as they would to any other human being.

I moved quickly towards the darker side of the road ahead, keeping to the buildings, with my eyes scanning in every direction possible. I didn't want to wander into an ambush the way the Splicers had wandered into ours just minutes ago.
    Now and again I checked over my shoulder to make sure she was still following me. It wasn't a very long journey but there were more ways than one of getting lost in the winding streets of Paupers Drop. That being said my companion seemed to know her way around here a lot better than I did. Although it was none of my business it made me wonder why that might be.

Thankfully most of the way there was little movement on either side of us. The Splicers were most likely keeping low with the knowledge that there were armed people out in the open. A wrench or lead pipe was little defense against a machinegun or a shotgun. They knew that better than anyone.
    So for the short journey there was no interruptions to the quick pace I tried to keep.
    When we reached the restaurant I slowed down to a creep so I could look for any signs of reoccupation. The lights in the bottom floor were off so I assumed that no other Splicers had crept in while I was gone.
    I turned my head towards the woman and motioned towards the building at first before I pointed up to the second floor so she knew where we were headed.

As for getting inside..I knew a shortcut that I had just enough Eve left to use. Now teleporting was not something easy to describe with hand signals so I decided that she was going to have to deal with my sudden action whether she liked it or not.
    My eyes focused on hers as I reached out to gently take one of her hands in mine, my other hand came to rest on the small of her back as I brought her body against me so that it was in full-contact with mine. In a flash we disappeared into thin air and a moment later we were in the second floor of the restaurant I called home.

As soon as we materialized into the room I slipped away from her, quickly but carefully, so that she wouldn't become alarmed. If she knew much about Big Sisters she would have known more or less what I had done to get us up here.
    It was a relatively large floor with candles and flickering lights keeping the place illuminated. There were a few crates, a pile of straw I used as a bed, but most importantly there was a fridge pushed into one corner. It was quaint but safe for the most part. The only way in was through a hole in the wall as the stairs were blocked by a huge pile of collapsed roof.

That's alright! I wish I could have done the same. I'm exhausted.. Haha
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm just giving you a head's up now. I'm going out for a driving lesson here in a second and I'll be gone for about 2 hours or so. So I'll probably get back once you've gone for whatever it is I understand you're doing this afternoon.
    So I'll see you when you get back from that. Smile
    Take care.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:49 pm

I had been trying to finish up rather quickly. If we stayed in the area much longer, I couldn’t assure myself that I would be safe. Yes, we could fight whatever came our way, but you could never be sure that whatever came out of those shadows was going to be weaker than you were. They could be smarter, faster, or a combination of different variables that could end your life in a matter of seconds. Really, it wasn’t that hard to end up dead in this place. I was just lucky that it hadn’t happened to me yet.

The girl motions me forward and down another dark street. She was taking me someplace and wasn’t dawdling about it either. I had to watch where I walked as well as rush after her. The small heels on my boots could make me fall in an instant if I wasn’t careful. Falling in front of people wasn’t really a thing I enjoyed doing often. So, I kept up my pace. If I was lucky, I wouldn’t have to go far before I could see where she was taking me. Afterwards, I planned on leaving this being. There wasn’t a need for me to stay with her. This was a strange companionship, and something that I didn’t think really needed to go farther. I didn’t know why there was such a change of heart. Before I had begun thinking that I should stay with her. It was all such a confusing idea. What happened that one day I pissed it off or something? She could just end my life, right there. There would be no fighting; no show off between us. She would kill me, and think nothing of it. Even if she was different, she was still a Sister, and that was something you couldn’t just change. As much as I wanted to say that this faceless bit of clockwork had something different on the inside, you just couldn’t take the chance. Chances were fifty/fifty, and I didn’t want to be put in that situation.

I had been thinking for a long time. I usually didn’t get lost in my thoughts like that. That was simply because you couldn’t. You always had to be thinking about the next move. If you weren’t then you were behind and there was no chance of you surviving. Now though, I was following, and it allowed me a bit of time to think of all the possibilities this short partnership this could lead to. Soon, I see the Sister stop ahead of me and I follow until I’m beside her. She’s looking to the second story of a building. Actually, I knew this place. The fishbowl diner was just down the way. The place used to be a hotspot in the Drop before the revolution. It was nice to be in a place familiar.

Everything happens so suddenly now. I look up to see the Sister walking toward me. Her hand grasps mine and I am pulled close to her. I’m not prepared for the sudden jolt and the lightheadedness that follows. The moment my feet seem to touch the ground again, my knees collapse and I am left with the ground beneath me to catch me. A quiet grunt escapes my lips. It wasn’t that I was having a side effect really, but I had never felt the effects of the teleportation plasmid before, and the suddenness of it just makes everything spin for a little bit afterwards.

“Well…That was new” My voice is slightly strained as I pull myself off my knees, trying to regain my balance and footing.

I am so sorry. I had to leave to get ready for the party, and once I got back, mom made me go to the store for my sister a new backpack T_T" Tomorrow will be better, I swear.

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Whether the woman trusted me or not she was following me to the restaurant. That was a good sign all of its own. At least she was going to give me the chance to resupply her, get her fed, and actually speak to her once I knew that we were safe enough.
    Oh how I longed to just rip my helmet off so I could reply to every word she had spoken to me before now. There was a time for that and it wasn't now though. Now we needed to get to safety as quickly as we possibly could. The sooner the better in my opinion.
    That was the reason I chose teleporting rather than climbing up along the side of the building. At least this way no-one would know where we ended up.

The teleportation Plasmid, especially the one that Big Sisters were usually equipped with, was a little bit hard to get used to at first. Even I had had a little bit of difficulty with it when I first started using it on my own. I would try to teleport somewhere and I would find that I was in the completely wrong place. Sometimes I would even go as far as missing my mark by a building or two. Not to mention the time that I teleported right into the middle of a couple Splicers who were just getting ready to break into a housing apartment. That was not an experience I wanted to go through a second time.
    Over the last year though I had managed to master the Plasmid more or less. Enough to where I knew I was going to be able to get us both into the second floor of the restaurant.

As soon as we came out of the teleport the girl fell to her knees from the shock. I remembered the sensation. Without really thinking I moved away from her and towards the fridge in the corner. Quickly, while she was still recovering, I searched through the contents until I found a bottle of near ice-cold water. It would help with any dizziness she was feeling.
    With that in my hand I headed back to her just as she spoke, my hand extending towards her offering her the bottle it held.
    My head tilted slightly in what was almost worry. The last thing I wanted was for her to feel ill directly because of something I had done to her.

Through all of this mess not once had it occurred to me that the woman might turn out to be a threat. Being as naive as I was, I immediately put my trust in her. Probably not very smart but at the same time..I had no other choice. I was a social creature! For the most part anyway.
    Even if she only stayed for a few hours and not the whole night then I was going to take advantage of every second she gave me to interact with her. This was probably going to be my last chance to talk to someone for a very long time.

That's okay! How'd everything go?
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:25 pm

The dizziness wasn’t subsiding as quickly as I tried to force myself to my feet. Even when I closed my eyes, my head was spinning around and around to the point that I was rocking back and forth trying to make sure I didn’t fall over. I hear a short bit of footsteps before I open my eyes, just to see what she was doing. My eyes meet the form of the same Big Sister , extending out a bottle of something. It couldn’t be Chechnya, no—it had to be water. I shake my head. As much as the creature wanted me to take the liquid out of kindness, I didn’t need it. Besides, where had she gotten it from?

It’s then that I look around. This seems to be some sort of living quarters. There is a fridge in the corners, and it seems that someone has been occupying the place for at least a little while. I close my eyes a moment more before looking up to the Sister.

“I’m fine” The words are simple and I shake my head, refusing the water that she offers. Really, the dizziness was slowly reaching equilibrium. I was just lucky that I hadn’t gotten nauseous or sick from all the spinning. I had a very weak stomach when it came to things like that. Blood and gore I could handle, but motion sickness had always been a problem for me. I could ignore it though and get through it, it just took me a bit.

It was really fun actually. The parents cooked burgers while we swam. I got out of the pool to get something and I slipped on the wet concrete xD left a bump on my head, but it's not too bad. I was able to laugh about it so it was fine. The whole band didn't show up, but about half did. Then we had burgers and two kids got into a match to see who could eat more hot buffalo wings before one of them gave up. A lot of memories I guess Razz

I'm sorry the post is short, I've got to go get sis in bed before my mother yells about the time.

How was your Driver's ed thingy?

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 pm

The girl was still on the ground recovering when I approached her with the water and offered it to her to help with the dizziness. She looked up at it only long enough to recognize it as water. With a quick shake of her head she refused the bottle though. This confused me just a little bit..why didn't she want any water? Was she that stubborn? Not that I could really say anything about stubbornness without being called a hypocrite. For that reason I set the bottle down on the ground in front of her just in case she changed her mind. Or in case she felt like she needed a drink later on during the night, if she stayed here long enough for that.

With her more or less taken care of I stood up to make a quick check through the few rooms I could call my own. I moved across the biggest room, the one we were in, to check into one of the smaller storage rooms where I kept the majority of my packaged food along with a few cans. The second room for me to check was the an area that had once had a bar in it. I didn't use the room for anything but I checked it just in case something had crawled into it while I was gone. Nothing.
    Finally I moved back into the main room and towards the small hole in the floor I used to see down into the floor below. It wasn't big but it was just large enough that I could see a large portion of the restaurant seating area where previous Splicer tenants usually slept. Clear.

Now that I was done with my checking I glanced back towards the girl, finding that she had more or less recovered from the teleport. Hesitantly at first I approached her with a certain amount of uncertainty in my step. I wasn't really sure what was going through her mind at this point.
    Was now a good time to go through the effort of taking off my helmet? I wasn't sure.
    Did she even want me to take off my helmet? That was a completely different question. Maybe she didn't want anything to do with me at all.
    Would she rather I remain quiet while she finished recuperating? So many questions ran through my mind that I could myself fidgeting with my fingers.

Cut it out Echo! I told myself and after taking a deep breath I let my fingers begin to fumble with the clasps that lined the bottom of my rounded helmet. It's not like it was easy to get them all unlatched. Especially seeing as the suit was designed to be deep sea pressure proof and thereby needed to be water proof.
    While I did this I kept my gaze on the girl through the softly glowing porthole of a visor.
    What was going through her mind right now?

That sounds like a lot of fun! I don't remember the last time I got to go to a gathering like that with all of my friends. Probably back during the last year of high school.. Good memories.

Again, it's fine! XD

It was..eh. I'm slowly getting better at driving. It's a slow process for me.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:13 am

In reality, the dizziness didn’t last as long as it seemed it had. Yes, I was sitting there for at least a minute or two, but any more could be pushing it. Still, here, a minute or two could make a whole lot of difference. The bottle containing water is set down in front of me, and soon, the sister leaves my sight. She goes into another room, and I’m unsure exactly where she has gone. I trust that she will be back, and won’t be bothered to do anything negative towards me. Really, it was unlike me in every sense to trust someone so fully when my life was on the line. My life was sitting at the top of a slide that lead to a sickening end to everything. I trusted this Sister not to push.

The more and more I look at the water, the more I want to venture and take a sip. Really, you always needed to keep yourself hydrated. I nod quietly, looking back to the bottle a moment before opening it and taking a slow sip. It tasted fine, and smelled of nothing more than what water should smell like—nothing.

The Sister had returned and seemed to be venturing towards me, even if it was at a slow pace. Was she afraid of something? The ways he acted made it seem that she was thinking hard about something. She played with her hands while I watched. I had concluded a long while ago that this wasn’t a normal Big Sister, but by the way she acted, she seemed like a low self-esteemed teenager. I chuckle quietly at the though, shaking my head to push it away. I guess those little girls had to get older sometime, Eh?

My attention is drawn away when I see her reach up to the helmet. She fiddles with it a moment before beginning to unlatch the many different latches that keep her helmet water tight. I hum quietly, watching the sister in a silence. Was I about to see a face behind a Big Sister?

Yeah, I actually failed the driving part of my test the first time because I 'took turns too fast' so Razz I've gotten better at driving though.

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:26 am

Around the city of rapture there were hundreds of rumors as to the way a Big Sister looked underneath her armor. Many thought that they looked exactly like Little Sisters only older. Others thought they were deformed and disgusting beneath the glowing red visor. Hell, I didn't even know what other Big Sisters looked like underneath their helmets. I only got to see them when they were fully armored like I was now. It was a bit of a mystery for everyone.
    I also happened to know that I was different from those Sisters. I wasn't a machine. I wasn't a programmed protector. I was a human being..for the most part. I was as close to a human being as one could be after being pumped full of drugs and enough Adam to power the city of Rapture for months.

My fingers fiddled even further with the clasps until I could feel the helmet becoming loose on the base that connected to my chest-plate. Just a few more and I was going to be able to lift it up over my head. Would it be worth it? Was she going to be surprised or was she going to be horrified? I thought I looked pretty normal but then again what was normal these days? Maybe I was disfigured but my mind was trying to protect itself by making me out to be much less ugly.
    Either way I was seconds away from the point of no return. It was either lift my helmet off my head or stop altogether. Though by the way the girl in front of me was humming I realized she was..curious? Excited? It was hard to tell.

My gloved fingers came to rest on the sphere of metal and I began to pull it upwards. A slight twist and the metal separated from the bottom. In a smooth motion I lifted my helmet off and brought it down to sit in my lap as I looked up at the girl for the first time. The first time where she could look back at me anyway. It was a strange feeling for the both of us I was sure. I had never shown myself to anyone before..at least not willingly, as the scientists and doctors had seen more than just my face I was sure.
    My dark red hair was a little bit ruffled but otherwise it fell down to touch the leather shoulder pads of my armor. I blinked a few times to get used to the light of the room. Then I felt myself grow a little bit flustered, a slight amount of color coming to my softly freckled cheeks.
    "...H-Hi." I whispered in a voice I hardly recognized as my own. It had been weeks since the last time I actually spoke to anyone including myself.

I'm hoping I won't fail my driving test the first time I take it. I don't have the time to take it a second time! >_<
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:47 am

I'm sorry, have to go to bed. Mom is yelling. Post in the morning. I'm really sorry! >.<

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:50 am

That's okay. Get some rest alright? See you in the morning whenever you get on. Smile
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Whatever it was, I was about to see it. I it was some kind of mechanical being, or the face of a girl, I wasn’t sure. As much as I doubted everything I knew about these sisters now, something told me I probably shouldn’t. There was a reason that this sister was different. There was a reason why that this one wasn’t a mindless drone like the rest of them. What was the reason though? I was getting more and more curious about this with every latch that was released from the helmet. Really, I didn’t know enough about this whole process to know what happened to the girls. There were so many rumors floating around that you could never be sure what was true. Everyone had their own beliefs about where they came from. The only ones that knew though were the ones that didn’t bother with us down in the drop. They were up on their burning thrones, trying to keep from being just another dead body in the bottom of the sea. That was just another question that would be kept unanswered forever now. I was thinking too much about this. I had to remember that questions only got you killed.

I’m drawn from my thoughts though, my eyes having been locked on the Sister as she fiddled with the last few latches. She seemed to know quite well what she was doing. Only a few moments later and the Sister lifted her hands up to helmet, turned it, and lifted it above her head.

It shocked me. Not because I was ready for something else to show, but the fact that she openly lifted her helmet off. The humming stops and I just take in the facial features of this girl. I could finally say that. She was a human—a female. The strange thing was though, that she looked are too young to meet the part of a Big Sister. Red hair and freckles and a soft touch about her face. Either she hadn’t seen much fighting, or she was only fifteen or sixteen—younger than I had ever seen surviving in the Drop. They were always older than me and spliced to the bone.

By the dim glow of the candlelight I can see a small hint of color go onto the girl’s cheeks. Was she embarrassed by the way I was looking her face over? She speaks in a fearful, unsure sort of tone. Her voice is soft, and fits the face quite well. I shake my head slightly. She probably thought it was creepy or something that I was staring. I would have to keep that better in check. It could be understandable though. Who got to see the face of a Big Sister on a regular basis? No one I knew, that was for sure.

“Well hello, Doll”
    It was natural, and came out in a smooth, cool tone. I feel my jaw clench slightly at the term. Any younger female I called ‘Doll’ and for her, she most definitely fit both descriptions well. I smile quietly, taking a half step toward her.

“It’s nice to finally see the face behind a...well the sister helping out” A nervous chuckle escapes my lips. My guard had stupidly laxed around this girl. Now that I saw a face, I felt like I could trust her more. That shouldn’t have been the case. She could still roast me alive with so much of a flex from her wrist if she wanted to. That wasn’t really a good thing.

I hold out my right hand. It was swollen still and cut—I would have to fix it up later. It still worked for a shake though.
    “It’s nice ta meetcha”

I'm so sorry about last night. I will be much better today about being able to post. It's getting close to school starting again so mom's getting a little aggravated with how long I stay up.
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:33 pm

There had always been this strange kind of fear deep inside me ever since I got out of the facility when the revolution first began. Especially now that I seemed to be conscious of what was going on around me, as opposed to before while my mind was blanked out by the cocktail of drugs they fed me. Every now and then I got the chance to see a Little Sister accompanied by a Big Daddy. Whenever I saw the pair I couldn't help but wonder if that had been me at some point. It seemed logical no? I wasn't a Big Sister just because they grabbed me out of the blue and put me into a suit.
    As much as I hated the idea..I had the feeling that I had simply outgrown the role of Little Sister and the scientists had tried to find a way of using me instead of throwing me out. The more I thought about it the more I convinced myself that that was the truth behind my existence as a Big Sister. However I had not gone according to plan somehow and that explained why I still had my conscience as well as my own will. I was still human.

The woman in front of me looked over my every feature the moment my helmet was lifted off my head. I saw 'woman' because I could tell by the shape of her body as well as the features of her face that she was older than me by at least a few years. Perhaps not quite old enough to be called a 'woman' but she certainly was more mature than me.
    Her stare made a bit of a strange sensation move over me. I felt exposed and vulnerable without my helmet on. Just the way I felt whenever I took the rest of my armor off only right now the intensity was much different.
    I could almost feel the shyness creep over me.

My thoughts were broken by the sound of her voice however, giving me the chance to focus on something other than my thoughts. Doll? What was that supposed to mean? I asked myself this as she approached me by a step or so, her eyes still fixed on my face.
    She continued to speak and I felt a slight smile come to my lips when she referred to me as a Sister. That's really what I was, wasn't I? I was a Sister.
    "I would have taken my helmet off sooner.. but.." I turned my glance down towards the dents in my helmet and then back up at her. I knew she'd understand what I meant.

Then she held out her hand to me the way she had earlier when we were on the outside. I blinked and let my gaze fall upon it for a second time. I almost needed to remind myself of what to do. Though I was a lot quicker to react this time, if I may say so myself.
    I let my hand come up to take hers, only gently though, and give it a shake.
    "It's nice to meet you too." I said with what I hoped was a friendly smile.
    The smile fell quickly though as I turned her hand over to look at the bandaging she had wrapped around some kind of injury. My brow furrowed almost worriedly.
    "Are you okay?"

It's alright. I know how that is!
    I'm starting to get back into the swing of getting up early myself so I'm ready for next semester.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 pm

The girl. She was definitely shy or...afraid? I wasn’t sure what fell over her, but you could tell she wasn’t as comfortable as she was when she had that helmet on, or when she was alone. I was stepping in on her personal space—making her feel uncomfortable maybe. I wasn’t sure. It was all just another little thing that I wasn’t sure about. It seemed like the girl was just as curious about me as I was about her.

The girl speaks out a little more now. She would have taken off her helmet sooner, but she had her reasons why she wasn’t, and I understood that. If she had her helmet off during that fight, then she might not be here, and I might have been the reason for another death. There were dents in her armor where the buckshot sprayed her. I never thought about it much, until now. The Sisters you saw more nowadays had different armor. Hers was leather with many places of weakness while the Sisters now wore full metal body suits. It was a curious thought, but I wouldn’t ask now.

My hand holds itself above the air, waiting for a grasp from her. It was nice to finally actually meet the person that had been following me around, helping me kill for loot. You could tell that she didn’t like to fight just from her appearance. The Splicers would have called her Yellow if they ever saw what was on the inside of one of these things, and probably would have attacked all Sisters twice as hard.

The girl looks down to my hand. It seemed that she had to remind herself what to do with my hand. It was all so inhuman for someone that turned out to be human. It was strange. Had she never had human contact before the riots? All these questions flooded to my head as she shook my hand. A smile crosses her lips and I return it. It was the first time I had seen her smile. It was sweet, almost child-like. I probably should stop thinking of her as such a child. She had taken care of herself for this long; she wasn’t much of a kid anymore, if she had been a little one before.

She stops after shaking my hand. She’s noticed the bandages and the smile falls. Is she worried about an injury? Her question is different. Her tone has changed. Her brow furrows and I can’t help but chuckle, shaking my head. I pull my hand away as gently as I can.

“I’m fine. Just cut myself on a bit of metal. I was planning on washing it out when I got someplace safe.” I flex my hand, actually looking over the sting a bit. I hadn’t even acknowledged it before. It wasn’t as bad at they could get. I raise my hand, using my fingernails to pull the stinger out of my hand. I hum slightly. That was much better.

“Speaking of…I should probably be heading out now…Don’t want to bother you anymore”

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Just from the way she was looking at me I could tell that there were numerous questions moving through her mind at about a mile a minute. If I were in her position I knew it would have been the same for me. There were very few in this world who had seen the face of a Big Sister without it being dead and even those were probably lying. Once a Big Sister was killed it was more than certain that others would be drawn towards the commotion of one of their fellow protectors falling. No Splicer was stupid enough to stick around long enough to get the helmet off. Inexperienced hands would have no idea how to get the helmet off in the first place anyway.
    This woman had just become a one in a million. Not only had she seen the face of a Sister but she was speaking to it as well as interacting with it.
    That feeling was not something I could imagine but not relate to.

Now that I had seen her up close and take in her features in the light, I began to compare myself to her as best I could through memory of the last time I saw myself in the mirror. She was much more mature than I was physically, that was for sure.
    I began to wonder just how young I looked. How old did she think I was now that she could see my face? How old was I?
    That was a question I had never really asked myself before. There was such a large gap in my memory that there was no way of knowing how old I really was. It was a bit of a saddening thought really..not knowing one's own age.

I blinked myself out of my thoughts so I could focus on the woman though, as she drew her hand away from mine gently. I let my hand fall back down onto the helmet that was still in my lap as my eyes focused on her hand. With her fingernails she removed a stinger from one of the bees the Splicer had attacked her with.
    So she had been injured! I felt a sensation..deep down inside..like I had failed. Sure she hadn't asked for my protection but I had offered it. Yet she had still gotten hurt all the same.
    Suddenly I felt as if I was in her debt.

I was snapped back to reality by her voice for a second time. This time though she spoke of leaving. For the first time I felt a rush of sadness move over me, which could only mean that I was happy before then. Before I could stop myself I ended up blurting out my question.
    "Couldn't you stay? Just for a little bit? I've got food.. more than enough for just one person."
    I hesitated and pulled myself up to my feet, glancing around.
    "And I've got enough space for the both of us. Even if only for a few hours and not the whole night.." I trailed off as I looked at the woman with an almost hopeful look in my eyes.
    Was it so wrong for me to want company?
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:01 pm

I didn’t know what to do. Should I stay or go? Going would make sure that this girl wasn’t just trying to kill me, while staying might be a safe place to sleep. Sleep. This was probably the longest time that I had been without it. The prospect was a mighty fine thing too. Sleeping was something most people didn’t do in Rapture. If you did, you were in a group. If you didn’t it was because you either couldn’t find a safe enough place, or you were alone. I hadn’t slept for at least three days. I would nod off now and again for a little rest, but it was mostly just sitting there and hoping that I was saving a little bit of energy.

When the girl spoke of allowing me residence and food, it was almost too good to be true. What was the chances of finding someone you could trust? Not only could you trust them but they had food and a safe place to stay? It seemed much too good to be anywhere near true. I didn’t want to think that she would be lying. Her face was too soft and much too deformed. Splicers were the ones you couldn’t trust. If you found someone who wasn’t messed up, then either they used you or helped as much as they could before getting killed themselves. It was a hard world. Really, it was a fate worse than death. I just didn’t see how anyone could just end everything. It was strange. I was stuck in Limbo because of my beliefs.

The girl seems very hopeful that I’ll stay with her. She wants human companionship I think. Why wouldn’t someone? I was just better working by myself. I never really liked being around people. The last time I had tried the whole ‘buddy system’ I was left with a knife in my leg and a hypnotized big daddy on my ass. It wasn’t something that I really wanted to deal with again. Of course I found him and killed him, but that wasn’t the point. I didn’t do well with people apparently. I had learned from experience just to keep away from them, especially when I hand one of my Adam trips. Being with someone that could possibly hold enough Adam for the rest of my life was another dangerous possibility. I didn’t want to risk that. I would end up killing her for the Adam, and then I would really feeling guilty.

“I don’t think it’s the best idea if I stay” I speak quietly. My voice has drop a few levels in volume. I didn’t want to think about the days that I do want Adam. I’m even more vicious—especially when I don’t have any. I take in a deep breath, sighing. The offer was very good.

“How about…hm” I trail off. I really needed to rest again. Maybe I could find something around the area to use as a head-bludgering weapon too.
    “I’ll stay…but I don’t like acceptin’ charity so you’ve got to let me do something for you. A favor for a favor, you see?”

I'm sorry about that. T_T I had to deal with a small problem. It took longer than I expected. I promise, no more running off. I suck gahh

Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:56 pm

From the expression on her face I could see that the girl was stuck on what decision she was going to make now that my offer had been put on the table. Part of her wanted to leave but another part of her wanted to stay. The part that wanted to leave probably didn't want to run the risk of being killed in case I really was evil. I wanted to tell her that that was the last thing she needed to worry about but I had the feeling that she would only want to leave even more so if I did that..so I kept quiet while I waited for her verdict.
    I was neither offended nor hurt by her lack of trust for me. Who could blame her? Anyone who survived this long in Rapture was bound to have experienced some kind of betrayal along the line. Even I experienced such betrayal very early on in the revolution.

It had been a man. I had stepped in on an unmatched fight, much like the one the woman got herself into just a little while ago, and helped him defeat the Splicers who were going after him. At first he offered me peace and seemed to pose no threat to me but the moment he got his hands on some Eve, things changed. The first thing he did was turn towards me to unleash a bolt of lightning that shot through my whole body.
    Needless to say he was surprised with how quickly I recovered from the blow. Before he could do any more I pushed him back against the wall and made a break for it.
    I was gone before he could get back to his feet.
    Ever since then I was more careful around people. But this woman..she was different somehow.

When she began with the words 'I don't think it'd be best' I could already feel my face falling in disappointment. I should have known that she was going to turn down my offer the moment I brought her in here with me. But I wasn't about to make her change her mind. That wasn't the kind of person I was.
    I couldn't keep her here nor could I follow her around.
    If she decided she didn't want to stay in the safety of my floor then I was going to help her down into the street and that would be the end of our short acquaintance.
    Just when it looked like she was going to turn me down she shot around with a completely different answer.

"Do something for me?" I asked in a bit of a confused tone. I turned my head to look around the room for something I needed help with. There really wasn't much I couldn't do on my own although there was one thing I could think of. It was a bit obscure and probably not what she thought I would ask for but I decided I might as well give it a shot.
    "I'd love it if you stayed, even if only for the night. In exchange you can help me find a record player. Does that sound fair?" I asked her while tilting my head slightly with a small smile. A record player was something I had wanted for a very long time. Over the last year I had collected as many records as I could find, as they were littered all over the place, but I had never come across an intact record player.

Well now I've got to apologize for being gone by the time you replied. I drove out with my dad to get some groceries and whatnot.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I didn’t know if what I was doing was right. Red flags were going off, just because it wasn’t natural to trust anyone. If we did do such a thing, a trade of favors, then maybe I could see if this girl was trustworthy enough to stay with. Really, if I had made the wrong decision, then I would be dead before I could even realize I had made the wrong choice.

The girl thinks a minute about my offer, looking around the room to see if there was anything of need around here. What she proposes catches me a little off guard. I can’t help but chuckle quietly. She wanted a record player in the middle of hell? This girl didn’t have her priorities straight, that was for sure. I nod slowly, looking toward the ground. Really, it was easy to find one…if you knew where to look. I knew we had three in the apartment, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to go back there. There were so many harsh memories, and I was sure the bones of my father would still be there, on the couch. Either way, I still had a key, and the means to get us there. I sighed, would this be worth a place to stay? Of course it was. I was a big girl and could handle myself.

“You’ve got a deal, Kid” I smile, giving a nod. “The name’s Mira, if you were wondering” I pull the bottle of water that had been sitting obediently on the ground beside me. I open it, taking a small drink, before setting it back down.

Really, I was in need of some fix-er up on my hand. I didn’t want it to get infected, and the longer I waited to clean it, the bigger the chances were of it getting infected. I pull the hand up, looking to it a moment. I should probably replace the bandage too. I nod quietly, pulling the bandaging off and opening my bag. I pull out the Chechnya, unscrewing the cap.

“Do I need to do this somewhere else, so I don’t get this on the floor?”

Please don't apologize for being out. haha you could leave at any time and I wouldn't mind in the least. Going to eat dinner, be back soon!
    Dream Rationally

Post by Dream Rationally on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:01 pm

The woman thought over my terms and soon agreed to them. I was sure she thought I was insane. Really, I thought I was insane too sometimes. But at the same time I knew that a record player would make me happy. Just the thought of being able to listen to some of the records I had collected made a smile come to my lips. Maybe I would actually be able to sing? I wasn't sure though. Even soft noise could travel quite a ways through the streets here.
    All that mattered right now though was the fact that she had agreed to stay the night. The rest was worth the silly task I asked for in return.
    Then she told me her name. Mira.
    "Mira? That's such a pretty name. I've only got the name they gave me...I don't know my real name." I said in a thoughtful tone with only a little bit of sadness in the undertone. Long ago I had come to terms with the fact that I had no idea what my name was. It was just one of those things that I didn't remember. Just the way I didn't remember the names of my mother and father. They were just blurry faces to me now like the entirety of my early childhood before the blank in my memory.
    I could remember small flashes of life with my parents but nothing concrete. One distinct memory was my mother telling me that I had gotten my hair color from her. So I guess at least I knew my mother had the same dark red hair that I did.
    My fingers reached towards my neck and pulled the small necklace out of the armor so the woman could see it.
    "I'm Echo." I introduced myself with a smile.

When I saw her pull the bandaging off her hand I glanced down at the cut. It wasn't anything major but even the smallest of cuts could cause intense amounts of infection that were potentially bad enough to cause one to lose an arm or a leg. She pulled out a bottle of alcohol and I immediately understood what she was going to do.
    "No, no, right there is fine." I replied while standing up quickly, turning to make my way towards the storage room. I was only gone for a minute or so before I came back with a roll of bandages. I had gotten them from a doctor in the medical pavilion not too long ago.
    I didn't stay long enough to be spotted though..not with Dr. Steinman running things down there. That surgeon made that place a living hell.

"Here. I've got a couple more packs of these in the room." I stated while holding the bandages out to her. I doubted she was going to accept what I was offering her but I hoped that she would. I wanted her to leave this place without me having to worry about her getting into trouble and not having something that she could have gotten from me. There was very little that I was in short supply of. What protection my suit did offer meant that I didn't get the little nicks and scrapes that other survivors happened to get while navigating through the rubble of Rapture.

Bon Apetit!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:56 pm