2015!

Roleplay Brainstorming

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Roleplay Brainstorming

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Firstly, if I need to move this someplace else I will...

Now... This will be where we think over everything I just didint want to litter up the CBOX with logistical things. SOOZ here we go. Remember to be respectful of all ideas because they are all important.

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I)

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Re: Roleplay Brainstorming

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:43 am

The problem with Darkling is it's a whole Seeming, not a Kith. If we're narrowing them down, we'll want a specific Kith of Darkling, I personally would like Nightsinger, while the shapeshifter aspect of Mirrorskin would appeal to Faith's want of a shapeshifter, if she hasn't already chosen something else.

Towards Mages, I think the three schools'd work, but the way you put it is a bit off from how I'd do it. I'd have it be more like:
    Dark: Warlock (Shadow Manipulation), Necromancer (Raising Dead)
    Light: Theurgist (Healing), Enchanters (Emotional Magic)
    Nature: Shaman (Shapeshifting, Animal Magic), Elementalist (Just what it says on the tin.)
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:51 am

Well, it's down to you to decide which Kith to use, but I think you should stay away from Mirrorlings for the moment...we don't want to overlap the powers too much. It's up to you which Kith to use, since you know more about it, but choose four and we can expand the types later down the line. Smile

I agree with your divying up of the mages, but I think for Anima, we should have Druid (animal magic and shapeshifting) and Shaman as the elementalist. It just fits better, and Elementalist is a bit of a clunky title, don't you think? As for the Enchanters, I think they should be focused not necessarily on "Emotional" magic, more like "Holy" magic...so using rays of light and focused holy beams as weapons, and maybe give them Banishing magic to make a good foil to Necromancers. But I think we've pretty much agreed on that point, haha Very Happy

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:13 am

I don't really see Enchanters as really Holy Magic, though. Enchantment spells have always been emotion-based to me. Maybe we could expand each thing's repertoire a bit? For instance:

Dark: Warlocks (Shadow Manipulation, Illusions), Necromancers (Raising the Dead, Blood Magic)
    Light: Theurgist (Healing, Banishing), Enchanters (Emotional Magic, Light Manipulation)
    Anima: Shaman (Elemental Manipulation, Shapeshifting), Bard (Sound Manipulation, Prestidigitations)

As for Changelings, I think Nightsingers'd be the best idea for the Darkling Kith. It'd be the most social of the four, I think.

To give a bit of a mental image to the four Changeling types as we've chosen:
    1.) Darklings are possessed of a cunning born of darkness. Each and every one can think quickly and lie well, and they are all gifted at concealment. Their time away from the light, however, has made it anathema to them, and they find their magics difficult during daylight hours. Nightsingers are good with the night's music, being able to use their Glamour to captivate people with their voice/instruments.
    2.) Ogres are some of the most monstrous-looking of the Changelings and are even imposing to humans. They are often misshapen in some way, with abnormally tough skin, pustules, or tusks. This can make others wary and rightfully so, since Ogres are capable of outstanding feats of strength. Most of them continue to build their physical abilities and many are used as enforcers. And while they are not necessarily stupid, they can be gullible and rash. Gristlegrinders are especially known for their gluttony, being able to eat most anything. Their teeth have formed into incredibly sharp weapons during their durance.
    3.) While they always seem like "little people", the Wizened are not necessarily small in size: some may be tall and thin, but walk with a stoop, while others may be normally proportioned yet give the feeling that there's somehow less of them. They are without exception extremely dexterous and nimble, a trait that applies equally in combat; though few are great warriors, all are good at avoiding the blows of enemies. Their long suffering however, has made them ill-equipped to deal with others, and their social skills are somewhat lacking. Smiths can, using their Glamour, fix most anything within an hour, depending on size.
    4.) The Fairest live up to their name: not only are they physically appealing, but they are enchanting in a literal sense: their magics allow them to make the most of their beauty, and get what they want. All social activities come naturally to them, but perversely, they also find it hard to truly come to peace with themselves. Shadowsouls are well-versed in the arts of intimidation and lying.

I may have accidentally switched the Fairest and the Darkling archetypes when picking them. Oops.
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 am

On the note of mages, I agree with all of them except for the Bard. I just think that Elemental magic AND shapeshifting is a bit....excessive? If we have Druid instead of Bard, and give the Druid shapeshifting and animal communication, that would give it its own playstyle, as opposed to Bard which just seems....pointless, I guess. Besides, since Light magic relies on enchantment - which is vocal - it also seems a bit too similar. *shrug*. I just think the Druid adds more variety to the magic trifecta.

As for the Fae, that all makes sense. Would you agree that we have the Changelings sorted, for now? Four sub types, to be possibly added to later? Smile

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:35 am

Sir, yes, sir. Changelings are currently all set.

I mostly put Bard in there since I couldn't really think of anything, and I liked keeping Sound and Enchantment separate entities. I'm not so keen on Druids, since Druids and Shamans always seemed to be the same thing to me.

Ooh! What about Oracles? We could give Shamans Shapeshifting and Animal Communication, then give Oracles Elemental Manipulation and Divination.
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:47 am

Hmm...Oracles seem more like Light magic to me. What if we replaced Theurgists with Oracles, and they would be healers and predicters? Nothing like "This WILL happen," but more "this could happen," since otherwise it leads to a sense of inevitability that I'm not sure everybody would like. Or, the visions are vague and only show a possible future. As for the Anima magic...I think we should certainly split up elemental manipulation and shapeshifting, so if we have the Shapeshifter/communicator be a Shaman and the elemental magic be a Magus? Maybe add a little bit of vocal magic into Shaman, since it seems to fit into the whole "At One With Nature" theme.

So....onto Vampires, I guess.

Also, for anybody reading: This is just our musings, haha. If we say anything you disagree with, then don't hesitate to tell us. This is just so Zalgo and I are on the same page as to what WE'RE thinking, so we don't end up bickering later on. Razz

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:56 am

Magus should be Elemental/Force Magic. Otherwise, yes, perfect.

Vampires, now. I like the three Bloodlines. Nosferatu are definitely on the list, and Ordo Dracul seems like a good one, but for the third I'm stuck between Daeva and Mekhet. Would we want the third line to be more seductive or more stealthy? Since we'd have the Fighters (Nosferatu) and the thinkers (Ordo Dracul), what would the third be, or would we want each thing to have at least 4 possibilities, like Changelings?

So far we've got:
    Changelings: 4 Seemings/Kiths.
    Mages: 6 Paths
    Vampires 3(?) Bloodlines
    Werewolves: (?) Tribes
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:08 am

Vamps:

Why not have both? Just have the third bloodline an amalgamation of seduction and stealth? Just have them as masters of infiltration...after all, spies are good at stealth AND charismatic infiltration, so why not have them as a mix? The favoured approach would depend on the individual person. Smile
    What would the strengths/weaknesses of the various bloodlines be? I was imagining that Ordo Dracul would be less vulnerable to the traditional weaknesses, but would also be less physically powerful? Something like that. Very Happy

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:20 am

Ordo Dracul would be the most powerful Bloodline. Not, like, powers powerful, I mean monetarily/politically powerful. They'd be weaker physically than the other two, but much smarter than them as well. They'd also be resistant to things like sunlight, garlic, etc. Classic bat shapeshifting.

Nosferatu would be the least powerful Bloodline monetarily/politically. They'd be very strong physically, generally ugly, and not as quick-witted as the other two, but they'd also have innate fear-based abilities, being able to frighten many people with nothing more than a glance. These ones don't shapeshift at all, relying on their physical strength rather than fleeing. Also claws, because fear and physical strength should get claws. Not as susceptible to fire, but religious symbols scare the hell out of them.

Daeva/Mekhet Amalgam, whatever we end up calling that one, would be right in the middle monetarily/politically, most beautiful, and can hold themselves in a fight. They'd get innate shadow manipulation to an extent, and their shapeshifting would be a mist cloud. They'd be more susceptible to the sun and fire, but not as susceptible to garlic or running water.

Those're my ideas, what've you got?
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:38 am

Ordo Dracul:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I was thinking that as the weakest physically, they would also be the most logical and intelligent - generally speaking; exceptions always exist - and would tend to have a taste for the more expensive things in life. They would gravitate towards high profile jobs like CEO's or politicians, and would have a certain amount of charisma to carry them through. They would be attractive, though not as attractive as the Amalgum thingy. In terms of strengths/weaknesses, their major strength would be their intellect, I imagine that they would be the most long-lived of the bloodlines, and they would be immune to things like crosses, garlic, running water etc. Sunlight would depower them to human levels, but not kill them, and maybe they would be more susceptible to sunburn than normal humans...but beyond that, so long as they feed regularly, they should be fine. If they don't feed once every couple of nights, they start to get weaker and sunlight starts to affect them more. The trade-off is obviously that out of the three, they are physically the weakest....although I would give them a more speed-orientated fighting style. So they would be more focussed on skill and finesse than strength. They wouldn't get a dedicated power per say, but they would have immunity to the normal Vampire weaknesses, except that anything being driven through the heart would stun them, and they would have to be killed by following that up with decapitation. It wouldn't have to be a wooden stake; it just has to be a certain size, and it has to be lodged in the heart when you remove the head, so bullets wouldn't do it unless you got very lucky.

Nosferatu:
    I pretty much agree with you there. Not necessarily stupider, just more focused on the here and now, and a bit more instinctive than the Dracul. They'd be expert climbers and far more agile than the others, able to crawl into tight spaces or climb sheer cliffs, and would probably prefer more subterranean abodes with plenty of hidey holes and escape routes. They would be deathly allergic to sunlight, to the point where if they want to go out in sunlight they would have to effectively wrap themselves up entirely (kinda like a burka) to block the UV light. They would have keener senses, but that would mean that they were more sensitive to bright lights and loud sounds...as for crosses and running water and whatnot, I was thinking that whilst they weren't hurt by them, they would have an ingrained irrational fear of them, so they would repel the creatures. No reason a cross would hurt it, but it's the belief that it will that drives them away from it. With these, I was thinking that the way to kill them would be to either drown them (since they wouldn't be able to swim due to their fear of water) or to stake through the heart and decapitate...but the stake has to be made of wood or silver.

What-its-face:
    I was imagining them to be a middle ground as well, to be honest, with a focus on stealth and seduction. Whereas the Ordo Dracul has political and economic intelligence and the Nosferatu has instinctive survival-type intelligence, this bloodline would be able to read and manipulate people very easily...perhaps it would have a couple of psychic powers available to it that can create basic illusions and make people more accommodating. Nothing approaching mind control, of course, but just a slight "persuasion" power that makes it easier to sway the weak-willed (kinda like the Jedi Mind Trick). I agree with the Shadow manipulation as well, but only very limited, since anything more than very basic cloaks and whatnot would overlap too much into Warlock territory. Their main power would be charisma-based psychic powers. As for dispatching one, well, I was thinking the same weakness as Dracul, except the fact that fire would hurt them far more than Ordo Dracul (who would react the same way a human would), and they can only spend short stints in sunlight.

Thoughts?

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:58 am

Yeah, those sound about right.

That leaves us with Werewolves, right?
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:07 am

Yhup, but I think we should probably pause for now to let other people chip in with their ideas Razz

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 am

Alright, I'mma take a nap. Been up since 4 last night and it's 10 AM now, so I think it's time for a nap.
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:15 am

Yeah, probably, haha. Night night Zalgo! Very Happy

Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:32 am

Ok, so, what Zalgo and I discussed is as follows:

Changelings:

Four types, to be added to later. These four are: Nightsinger Darklings, Gristlegrinder Ogres, Smith Wizened and Shadowsoul Fairest. For information on these, either see Zalgo's post on page 9, or PM him for full details. Smile

Mages:

Mages are divided into three "Schools," those being Dark, Light and Anima magic. Each of these Schools are divided into 2 "Paths."
    Light Magic:
    - Oracle (prediction, healing and banishing magic).
    - Enchanters (Light manipulation and emotional magic/enchantments).
    Dark Magic:
    - Warlocks (Shadow manipulation and Illusions).
    - Necromancers (Raising/summoning the dead and Blood Magic).
    Anima Magic:
    - Shaman (Shapeshifting and animal communication).
    - Magus (Elemental magic).

Vampires are split into three distinct bloodlines:

Ordo Dracul:
    Intelligent, ancient vampires who have the most political and economic influence. They are the most cunning of the three Bloodlines and also the fastest, but are the weakest physically. They rely on speed, finesse and cunning to reach their goals. They can transform into a bat, and have the highest psychic resistance of the three Bloodlines. They can walk in daylight indefinitely, but are weakened to the level of human whilst in direct sunlight, and are immune to crosses, running water, holy water, garlic and silver. They have increased regeneration, and must feed once every two or three days. They do not have to kill their victim while feeding to take enough to survive. Their senses are the same strength as the as-yet unnamed bloodline, but weaker than Nosferatu's. They can be killed by penetrating the heart with a long, solid object and then removing their head. Failure to decapitate them or penetrate the heart before decapitation will result in the resurrection of the Dracul the following night pissed off, but otherwise whole.

Name To be Determined:
    This bloodline has yet to be named, but simply put, they are the sneakiest of the three bloodlines. Politically physically, they fall in the middle of the Dracul and Nosferatu bloodlines, with decent all-around combat ability; they are stronger than Dracul and faster than Nosferatur, but are also slower and weaker respectively. They are, however, the most physically beautiful of the three Bloodlines and can employ limited psychic powers to increase their charisma and persuasiveness. They can transform into a cloud of mist and have very limited shadow manipulation to aid in their stealth missions. Their senses are a similar strength to Dracul, but they are less sensitive than Nosferatu. They can be dispatched in the same way as Dracul.

Nosferatu:
    More bestial than the Order Dracul, they are squat semi-bipedal creatures with pale, almost goblin-like features. Their senses are vastly superior to the other two bloodlines, but that also makes them more sensitive. They will die if caught in direct sunlight for more than a few minutes, are deathly allergic to garlic and have an irrational fear of religious symbols, running water and silver. They don't hurt the creature, but they fear it nonetheless. Due to their fear of water, they cannot swim. They possess sharp rending claws on the ends of their fingers, which are used for fighting and climbing. They can also fit into extremely small gaps and disappear if hiding in shadow. They are not as intelligent as the other two species, but are not stupid; they think in a spur of the moment instinctive manner, rather than forward planning. They are, however, physically the strongest of the Bloodlines. To kill a Nosferatu permanently, either drown it or impale its heart and decapitate it.

Were's have yet to be discussed Smile

So...that's what Zalgo and I think. Obviously, though, this is a brainstorm with all of us, so does anybody have any additions or problems with the above? Anything to add? Open to all ideas! Very Happy

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:35 pm

I like how it all turned out Smile Now, once we have fully written out the species (We still have to tackle were tribes) we need to be thinking over the main conflict that is the cause for the roleplay. We also need to write everything out. Since Zalgo and Murdoch have been the main contributors, I think it would be best if one of you wrote it out.

Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Haha, well, once we've figured everything out, I would be more than happy to write everything out Smile The main conflict....well, I'm not sure, haha. Any ideas, anybody? Maybe the conflict that sparks everything is some sort of terrorist attack on a section of the human world by Supernatural extremists, which sparks the government getting more involved in Supernatural life, which obviously causes problems for everybody? Vague enough to not be restrictive, but it has enough potential to spawn multiple possible plotlines! Very Happy

As for Were packs, I was considering maybe having Shifter as the archetype, and you would have different animals as the "Packs," so you would have three or four different Were animals. One thing I was thinking was that why would you be a Were if you could just be a Shaman and shift into several? In that case, I was thinking that the Were animal would be stronger than its natural counterpart, so a Werewolf would be more physically powerful than a wolf...and Shamans can only shift into "Natural" animals rather than Were's. So a Shaman wolf would be physically outclassed by a Werewolf...but the Shamans have access to more animals. Just a way of balancing it Smile

What do you guys think?

Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:21 pm

I just finished watching Wolf's Rain. I'd LOVE to play a character like that but I highly doubt it would fit this  style of roleplay. Maybe. We'll see. Instead of humans that can shift into wolves, they are wolves that can shift into humans.

Spoiler alert for the show:
    Spoiler:
    BUT WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO DIE IN THE END! I've only just emerged from my ball of tears. Every. Freaking. One. DIES!

Running wolf
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Hmm....interesting. Not sure...oh!

Ok, so. We have the archetype of Shifters, right? What if they were split into three types; Lycanthropes, Animoids and Skinchangers. The Lycanthropes would be your standard Human-to-Wereanimal, the Skinchangers would be humanoid-to-humanoid (like Mystique) and Animoids (and yes, I am butchering the language right now, so sue me) would be animals-to-human. The Lycanthropes and Animoids would be split into different genuses, so you would have Werewolves, Werebears, Werecats, etc etc, and you would have Animoid wolves, Animoid lions, etc etc.

Would that work, does everybody think?

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:19 pm

I can agree with that. Although if we do choose to include other types of Changelings later on, Mirrorskins and Skinchangers might be redundant. 'Cause the way I'm looking at this, the 4 Kiths we've chosen are the only ones in the city at the start, but later on there's potential for others to, like, visit or something like that. Unless that's not what we were agreed upon earlier, in which case I totally understand, simplicity and all.
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:25 pm

IYey!!! I'd love that! I'm so happy you worked out a way to fit that into the character list. <3

Running wolf
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:56 am

We'll figure out which Kith might be added when it comes to it....obviously we want to wait for a while, and we'll want to plan out their appearance ahead of time, so why don't we just leave that for now? Wink

And you're welcome, Jade Smile We aim to please Smile

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:44 pm

So, what've we gotta work on now? Factions?
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 pm

I think we still need to work on the Were's, and then we can start thinking about the major factions. I was thinking for the Shapeshifters, we would have the aforementioned Were's, Animoids and Skinchangers. The Skinchangers would just be human-esque creatures with a variety of different skin colours, but would effectively be the same; their big thing would be the ability to change their shape, but if they are come into contact with a specific material, it disrupts their shapeshifting abilities...but I'm not sure what that material would be. I was thinking silver, but I am loathe to use it again. Glass, perhaps?

As for Animoids and Were's, maybe say that every animal has a Were equivalent that a lycanthrope turns into. A young Were has to transform into the Were form every full moon (as per tradition), and their Were form is bigger, stronger and faster than a normal animal (so a Werewolf would just be a wolf that is bigger than a normal wolf that is human most of the month), but as the Were grows and matures, they gain control over it. They can turn into a normal animal during the day, but can access their Were animal form only on full moons....or maybe at night? Which do you think? And what should their weaknesses be? Silver? Maybe they have to change every full moon, no matter how much control they gain over it, and they lose all control on those nights?

Animoids...not sure. Animals that can turn into humans, but they retain animal-like features and mannerisms? So, a wolf might have small wolf ears and a tail, but otherwise appear human, and if they want to go into the human world, they have to have bought a Glamour from one of the local Warlocks to disguise those animalistic physical characteristics?

Any ideas, Zalg?

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:58 pm

On the Werebeasts, I feel silver's the right choice for a weakness. It's tried and true and hasn't really let anyone down in the past. I also feel, to get away from tradition, they should have a different form for every phase of the moon. New Moon being human, Crescent Moon being human with animalistic features (Wolfman with the instincts of werewolves a la Dragon Age, i.e. "I'll defend myself if my territory is threatened, but I won't just go out and murder"), Half Moon being hybrid form (Werewolves a la Harry Potter, but with more control), Gibbous Moon being more animal than human (Werewolves a la Skyrim, but with the instincts of Werewolves a la Harry Potter, i.e. "SMASH, DESTROY, KILL, RAAAAAAAAAAARGH."), and Full Moon being full on animal form.

Skinchangers are gonna be difficult for me. The weaknesses I'm used to on humanoid shapeshifters usually include Reflective Surfaces, Silver (Which Werebeasts already have as a major weakness.) Cold Iron (which Changelings already have have as a major weakness.), and Adamantine (Which I doubt we'll have in this world, unless we want to strip mine an entire Dwarven Fortress where Dwarves don't even currently exist.). Reflective Surfaces appears to be our best bet, so we'll narrow it down to Mirrors, which are generally polished glass, so yeah, Glass.

The whole Glamour thing would work perfect for Animoids. Glamour as I know it is emotional energy used by the Fae and Changelings to put a Mask of "normalcy" on things of supernatural origin so as to not alert mortals of their true nature. However, having a Warlock deal in Glamour doesn't seem right, since the ones who rely on emotional energy are Changelings. That said, Warlocks could still use the Illusion magic to cause a similar effect, although I'd say it'd be a little weaker, albeit not by much. Like, Changeling Glamour would last, say, 12 hours, Warlock Illusion would last around 10 hours.

How's that sound to you, Murdoch?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:16 pm