2015!

Roleplay Brainstorming

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Roleplay Brainstorming

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Firstly, if I need to move this someplace else I will...

Now... This will be where we think over everything I just didint want to litter up the CBOX with logistical things. SOOZ here we go. Remember to be respectful of all ideas because they are all important.

Last edited by Faith Wynters on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I)

Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Re: Roleplay Brainstorming

Post by Jade Hawk on Thu May 08, 2014 10:56 pm

Nope, I trusted you guys to come up with something so I haven't been following TOO closely so please bare that in mind when you write it up. And then other people who haven't been part of this thread can join too =) Hopefully it's not too confusing.

Running wolf
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch on Fri May 09, 2014 5:25 am

Jade....look up a few posts for the write up. Wink It's midway down on page 18.

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Sat May 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Doesn't appear to be any questions, shall we begin then?
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Sat May 10, 2014 11:19 pm

AOhhh I missed that, thanks Murdoch!! I just have a couple of little questions... Am I allowed to be an animoid character that looks fully animal-like but can change to a human appearance with A glamour? Like in Wolf's Rain (except they change at will). Also how does one acquire a glamour and how is it used?

Running wolf
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Sun May 11, 2014 1:17 am

I believe we agreed that Warlocks can sell Glamours to people who ask, which'd basically be them casting Alter/Disguise Other on the person/thing to make it look how they want to look.
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch on Sun May 11, 2014 5:53 am

What Zalgo said Very Happy Warlocks create glamours and sell them, which is how most of them make their living. You have the licensed ones, who are formally and officially approved but may be a tad pricey at times depending on the quality of the glamour, and then you have the blackmarket, unlicensed ones. Make your choice Razz

Basically, a Glamour would be some kind of bit of jewellery or clothing or whatnot that would be worn, and you could activate or deactivate it with a specific word of power. Like a battery, however, it only has limited juice, so you would have to go to a Warlock to fill it up again. Refills cost less than the crafting, and obviously higher quality ones will last longer than crappy "burner" Glamours. If you want a new appearance, it would probably be easier to just get a new Glamour made. Glamours of specific people are kind of in fashion right now, but they're only allowed to sell short-term, non refillable "Burners" of those legally. Blackmarket dealers, however...

Anyway, the quality of the Glamour dictates how long it lasts and the quality of the illusion. Bottom quality glamours will only change your appearance and nothing else, while top quality glamours will change how you feel - so instead of touching the Glamour and feeling an animal, you would feel the form they have taken the shape of, since the illusion is complete - how you sound, even how you smell. If you wanted to be an Animoid that is only an animal without the ability to shift to human, how would your character buying the glamour work? You can certainly have it - maybe it's a rare "condition" amongst Animoids - but there would be explaining to do as to how she got the Glamour and how she actually interacts with the other characters if she doesn't have the money to translate her speech into human tongue. Razz

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Sun May 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Mhm hmm super excited. Who will be the poster of the roleplay in a new thread. This can be kept for questions and conversation pertaining to the roleplay once we've begun.

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Sun May 11, 2014 7:04 pm

I'd think Glamours would just be spells that wear off after a certain amount of time (2-3 days) but would also be inexpensive, whereas Magic Items that change a person's shape/appearance would last much longer (Upwards of 2-3 lunar months) unless removed and would also be very expensive. I find that way would make things more interesting, along with making more sense from a magical standpoint.
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Sun May 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Well, you'd have those options as well, but come on....a warlock, the master of illusion, can't jerry rig a necklace or something to have an activate-able illusion? Plus, it allows the characters more freedom than saying "YOU MUST STAY IN HUMAN FORM FOR THREE DAYS!" You would obviously have those quick and cheap illusions, but why not have the more expensive glamours that offer more freedom and customisation? And if you enchant a magic item, who says you can't "recharge" it? I know I'm going to say this, but...TBH, I think the system I described is more interesting and offers more range in how to play. *shrug*. Maybe we should have a vote? Lets see, you and I would vote for our respective ideas. So that leaves - that I know of - Faith, Jade and Alex. If all three vote, we should have a conclusion. What do you say? Put it to a vote?

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Sun May 11, 2014 8:59 pm

A vote sounds lovely.
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Sun May 11, 2014 11:35 pm

In Wolf's Rain the wolves can talk like humans if they wish. Due to some weird evolution. So maybe all in the underworld are aware of that species (so they aren't freaked out like "wtf that wolf talked") and I ummm asked for one? Yeeeah I just really wanted to play a wolf's rain species character.

I like the idea of being able to change at will with a glamour, so I'm not forced into a certain shape for a time, but can take it on and off. But have the power dwindle and need a recharge every once in a while so have to go buy a refill. And the more it's used the fast it runs out. Like a cell phone. I can call someone at any time and hang up whenever I want, but the battery slowly dies and the more I use the phone the faster it runs out and eventually I'm going to have to plug it in to charge it. Except in this you'd need to pay to recharge a glamour.

I'm pretty sure none of that made sense at this time of night. Sorry.

Running wolf
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Mon May 12, 2014 5:31 am

Nope, that made sense Very Happy No worries, I get it. Although, you should probably avoid using "evolution" as an excuse. That isn't how evolution works. Razz

So I'm assuming that was a vote for my idea? If not, please correct me, haha. So I believe only Faith and Burn It have yet to vote. Very Happy

Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It on Mon May 12, 2014 10:05 am

I like the idea that Jade just described. It'd be the best way for people in the Underground to function above ground should they need to. I assume the longer that these Glamours last in total - so the cell phone with the most battery life - would cost the most. So people that are essentially poor could buy something to last maybe an hour to be able to get up and quickly get back down so to speak.

Sorry I haven't been on till today guys. I got home Saturday morning and have been running around for two days trying to get things done before I have to jump back into work tomorrow.
    Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Mon May 12, 2014 10:09 am

Alright, I concede to Murdoch based on at least 3/5 of the votes going his way. I'll cut a couple of spells from my potential spell list, figure new ones out for later down the road.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Mon May 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Welp. I know my ol vote doesn't matter now lol. I too would have voted for Jade's description. I didn't post earlier because it wouldn't have changed much, it had already had been decided, and I got busy. Sorry

Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Mon May 12, 2014 4:03 pm

Right-ho, so, rechargeable glamours on items like rings, talismans, etc etc. So I believe that was the last detail we needed to figure out, right? Anybody got any questions they need answering? Very Happy

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Mon May 12, 2014 4:10 pm

I do in fact have one question. Lol when can we start? Smile I think other questions can be answered here as they arise, but if we could get started that would be great.

Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It on Mon May 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Sorry, quick clarification. There are more than one house of a certain type of Vamps correct? One of my character's allies I intend to be the head of a well doing house - no the 'big ones' that we discussed per say, one that's just functioning okay. Not bad, but could be worse kind of deal.

Would that interfere with anything you're planning with this RP Murdoch? I was thinking the house would be of the same subspecies you are, just a different house is. If that's an issue I can change the type of Vamp Smile
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Mon May 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Okey dokey, the basic layout is that, due to their higher level of influence and their ability to blend in with the humans more effectively, the overwhelming majority of the Vampire Houses are Ordo Dracul-run...but these houses only cooperate when it is in their best interests. So, most if not all houses are run by Ordo Dracul, with a mixture of species employed as footsoldiers, informants, etc etc. Malkavians tend to be lone agents hired as assassins or spies or - occasionally - mercenaries, whereas Nosferatu are either kept as cheap labour, or keep to themselves in small, hidden away areas where they can hide without being bothered. Occasionally you may have a Malkavian House, but that is extremely rare; as in, one in a million. The Malkavians tend to be solitary creatures, only seeking wealth or power for themselves, whereas the Ordo Dracul are more focused on the "Big Picture" and think much like Lords of Medieval England in that it's always "Their Family" rather than "Them."

Obviously internal politics differ from house to house; one or two houses might employ Nosferatu as soldiers, or spies, or treat them relatively equally. Some Houses might employ Were bodyguards, or Mage advisors...and other houses might be made up entirely of Ordo Dracul for the "purity." I plan on fleshing out the Big Four houses a little later on. Smile

Does that answer your question, Alex? Very Happy

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Mon May 12, 2014 4:37 pm

I thought we named them Markovians, not Malkavians.
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Mon May 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Semantics. Razz

Zalgo the Imminent
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN
    DON'T MAKE ME CALM DOWN

Post by Zalgo the Imminent on Wed May 14, 2014 3:57 pm

Considering that there've been no posts in this thread for the past two days, I think we're all set.
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Wed May 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Sorry, they said evolution in the show. I'm just a sheep following the herd ^.^ I think what I described was pretty much agreeing with your idea. Does that mean I get to be my chatty wolf character? =D I wasn't really wanting to be a human with a tail.

Running wolf
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Wed May 14, 2014 4:21 pm

I believe so, Jade. Very Happy

Well, I have all my questions answered. Anybody else got any questions or issues?

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Wed May 14, 2014 4:33 pm

No. Can we please please PLEASE start now?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 pm