HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

So you're experiencing a lag...

Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Read Me So you're experiencing a lag...

Post by Jade Hawk on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:11 pm

If you are lagging on Anonymatrix, it can depend on a lot of things. For example, your computer speed, which browser you are using, your service provider, and how much content is trying to load.

First of all, make sure your computer is up to date, and run any scans to make sure there is not a lot of ad-ware, spyware, or malware that may be slowing it down. Typically Windows and Linux software use these. Perhaps a defragment has not been done in a while, and most importantly, try a different browser to see if that helps with the lags.

Another reason Anonymatrix could be lagging might be a problem with the Forumotion host. If too many people are logged onto the same server at once, lagging may result. If this is the case, be patient and wait until a less busier time. It could take a few minutes to a few hours to settle down.

If your lag continues, then send me a PM, but ONLY if your lagging issue is so great that it interferes with posting all-together, and this problem lasts for several days.

If you have an older computer or a slower service provider, all you can do is keep it updated, and be sure you do not have any viruses getting into your systems that could slow your computer down. Check to see if you have multiple programs, windows, or applications running that you are not aware of, because that can slow things down also.

For Windows machines, alt>control>delete at the same time brings up your task manger. You can use this to make sure you do not have too many applications running. On a Mac, press option>command>esc simultaneously, and you can then view your open applications, and if necessary, you can force-quit them.

When your browser page is loading, check to see WHAT it is loading. IE, FireFox, and Google Chrome usually display "waiting for "www.com" to load", so make sure you are loading the correct thing, and have not clicked on the wrong link or an advertisement by mistake.

On Christmas day, we have a Javascript snow-falling code, and this could slow your computer down considerably. Just be patient, and the falling snow will be gone. This code is in effect for only one day, and although I welcome as many users online as possible, perhaps you should be with your family on Christmas day, and not on Anonymatrix.

An additional thought is to try running a debugger to see if anything out of the norm shows up, but some of the debuggers can be more then a headache then they are worth.

So the issue may be on your end, and it may be on mine. Just try out these suggestions, and hopefully the problem will improve. If your lag continues after several attempts and a few days, then send me a PM or an e-mail, but ONLY if your lagging issue is so great that it interferes with posting all-together, and this problem lasts for several days.

-Jade Hawk

Running wolf

Read Me Re: So you're experiencing a lag...

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:22 pm

Agreed!

post was 11:11 xD SWWWEEEEET!!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:27 pm

For em it says 9:11... I'm just that talented!

Running wolf
    Allen
    Admin's Pet
    Admin's Pet

Post by Allen on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:23 am

I get slight bits of lag as I scroll down the page. Nothing too bad.

It's running pretty well, considering quite a few other sites I have lag bad. Like Anon Board.
    Laurel11

Post by Laurel11 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:07 pm

I agree with this Smile
    although, I have NEVER experienced Lag....hahahah

and yes 11:11....pretty cool Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:14 am