HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

Con-Artist

Melanie
    Cookie Monster (:♥

Con-Artist

Post by Melanie on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Setting: You and I are dating. I just finished college, while you never went. Why? Because you're with me, 'the money.' You weren't given much of a choice to start dating me, because you and your father are con-artists, and you've kept it a secret from me the whole time. I come from a wealthy family, and you both know this. You're father practically forced you to start dating me, get the money, and then disappear forever. But so far, you've come up with no cash. Now, your father is pushing for marriage, giving you mixed feelings. You don't want to let down your father, but you don't want to scam the girl you're falling for, and leave her forever.
    Start: Your father just told you to propose, and I'm on my way over.

*Started, with Devon Smile
    (Side note; don't delete the one on the AB we can check it for references and what not. I don't want to copy paste it Razz)
    Very Happy

Re: Con-Artist

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:42 pm

Ok but post link on here and our last post?

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:01 pm

okay!

Link for references : http://apps.facebook.com/anon_board/showthread.aspx?id=31546

Last replies:

▒Dev☻n▒ : Sadly and heartbreakingly so that was exactly what Devon would have to do after the deed was done. He just chuckled and looked at the screen. Before they knew it they fell asleep.

Melanie*: I squeezed my eyes shut from the excess light, I must have left my blinds open when I had gotten home from Devon's. I started looking around for my blankets once I shivered but couldn't find them. I must have kicked them off my bed in my sleep.I sighed and opened my eyes, I wasn't going to get back to sleep now. I slowly took in my surroundings and realized I was still at Devon's. The main menu for Letters to Juliette was still on the TV screen, indicating we'd fallen asleep. I look at my watch and suddenly became frantic; we were going to be late for breakfast with my mom and dad! I shook Devon gently. "Devon," I murmured to him. "Wake up we have to get going," I told him. I got up, but realized that I didn't have anything to wear but my clothes from work yesterday. I sighed, we were going to have to stop at my house. "Devon, come on," I said. "We have to make a detour on top of everything." I walked down the hall towards the bathroom after grabbing my purse, where I washed off yesterdays makeup and ran my fingers through my hair. I pulled it up into a bun, that would be one less thing to worry about. I quickly pulled out my spare makeup from my purse and replied a little to I didn't look half asleep. "Devon?" I called walking out of the bathroom. "Are you ready?" I asked.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Devon grumbles, "Waaa?" He covered his face with one hand and groaned.

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:03 pm

I sighed impatiently. "Devon you're kidding me. You're not even up!" I exclaimed. "Come on, you have to get moving or we're going to be late for breakfast with my parents!" I told him. I thought quickly of a solution. "I got it," I say, finding one. "I'll take your car, I'll drive to my place, get changed and I'll be back to pick you up in 15 minutes okay?" I asked him grabbing his keys off the table near the door. "You better be ready when I get back Devon. I don't want to be late," I told him as I opened the door to his apartment and walked out, closing the door behind me after.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:16 pm

He chuckled and finally managed to get up and get in the bathroom to get ready. He wasn't sure what would be appropriate to wear.

ooc- Mel you think you could bring your other rp's here and continue them?

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:32 pm

All the other ones? That's a lot xD

bic: I walked down the stairs from Devon's apartment outside and found his car. I got in it and drove to my place as fast as I could, within the speed limit. When I got there I rushed up the stairs to my floor and into my apartment. I went to my room and started rooting through my closet. Not only did I have to dress for this it had to be something appropriate for work as well. I sighed as I tried to pick something. I settled for a white cami, with a floral high wasted skirt and a black cardigan with a pair of black flats. As I was changing, noticed that I was still in Devon's sweats and that I had left my skirt from yesterday at his place. I finished changing and texted him quickly as I walked out of my apartment.
    [Could you bring my skirt? I left it on your dresser. & be outside, I'll be there soon] I pressed send and got back into the car to drive back the way I had just come.

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:04 pm

ooc-Yes all XP

Devon got his navy blue buttoned shirt, a pair of black pants and his black shoes. He looked at himself in the mirror and passed his fingers through his hair. Cologne and he was ready. He got Mel's skirt his wallet and his cel. [i'm ready]

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:07 pm

awww but that's so much Sad

bic: I heard my phone buzz and picked it up once I was parked in front of the door. [I'm outside] I texted to Devon. I got out of the drivers seat and went to the passengers side. I'd let him drive his own car.I looked at my watch. I we left now we'd be there on time.

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Devon jogged down the stairs and got in his car. "Hey love." He kissed her and handed her the skirt. "Where to?" He grinned already driving and knowing where to go.

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:31 pm

"Hey," I said smiling as I took my skirt from him and he started to drive. "I told them to me us at our usual place," I told him smiling. I took my skirt and went to put it in my purse when something landed on my lap. I picked it up and looked at it. "You brought me your class ring from high school," I told Devon, laughing as I held it up. I grinned as I got an idea. I slipped the piece of string off my finger and replaced it with the ring. "There," I said, holding out my hand. It was a little big, but I didn't care.

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Devon nodded and kept driving. "Now that looks better." He said as he took a glimpse at her hand.

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:06 pm

I laughed and grinned. "I couldn't agree more," I said as we pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant. I didn't budged until Devon had parked the car. "Oh and by the way," I said before leaning over and kissing him for a few moments. "Good morning," I said, smiling after I had pulled away.

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:24 pm

A wide smile spread across Devon's face. "Morning." He got out of the car to open door for Mel and extended his hand to her. "Shall we future Mrs. Calaway?"

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:16 am

I grinned back, just as widely as he as I took his hand and got up from the car. "We shall Mr.Calaway," I reply closing the door behind me and placing my purse on my shoulder. I kept my hand in his as we walked across the parking lot towards the door. "I'm so exited," I told him, smiling up at him.

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:30 am

"I'm nervous." He admitted. What if her Dad saw through him as always?

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:57 pm

"Don't," I reassured him. "My parents love you," I told him. It was true, my mom thought he was really sweet and my dad on the other hand was glad that he treated me right. I was his little girl after all. We walked into the restaurant and I quickly spotted my parents at a table. I led Devon there by the hand and my parents stood up as we neared them. "Hi sweetie," my mom said grinning. "Hi mom," I told her, hugging her before turning to my dad. "Hi daddy," I said, hugging him. "Devon, how are you?" I heard my mom say as I pulled away. I turned back to them and saw my mom giving Devon a brief hug. "Devon," my dad said nodding to him and extending his hand to him.

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Devon greeted Mel's mom and extended his hand to her Dad. "Sir." He nodded.

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:27 pm

My dad and Devon shook hands as I slipped my own into Devon's other one. "So, we have news," I told my parents, grinning. "We're getting married," I told them excitedly. A grin grew on my mother's face as she hugged us both. "Let's see the ring," she said reaching for my left hand. "I don't have one yet, it was sort of spur of the moment last night, but I stole Devon's class ring for now," I explained. My mother smiled. "Welcome to the family Devon," she told him. "Devon, a word," my dad said smiling a little. I gave Devon a kiss on the cheek figuring he was about to get a talk. "Hurry back," I whispered to him and took a seat at the table with my mom as he and my dad made there way outside.

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:51 pm

"So what's this Devon?" Her Dad asked me.
    "I want to marry your daughter sir." Devon told him. Mel's father looked at Devon with a penetrating stare. That sort of stare that made one feel naked and x-rayed.
    "I can smell bullshit a mile away Devon. You think I don't know where you came from? At first I thought it was amusing. Sooner or later my daughter would realize what a chomp you really are. A deciever. Yes I had you pinned the moment I met you. You could have charmed your way into my wife and daughter but not me. I'm warning you now. Call it off." He said sternly.
    "I don't know what you are talking about." Damn he knew always had...
    "Now we go back in, not a word and break it off soon. Or else." He threatend and walked back in carrying a smile as if nothing happened. Devon followed behind.

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:30 am

"You don't think he'll be mean to him do you mom?" I asked her as the men were still outside. She shook her head. "You know your father, he's probably just going to tell him that he'd better take good care of you, or else," she said with a small laugh. "So how's the new job?" she asked me. "Good," I told her grinning. "I've only just started but my boss wants me to write an article so it can be in the next issue, which comes out next week. He doesn't usually do that, my coworker told me. It makes me feel special and appreciated," I explained. "Well congratulations, for everything." I smiled at her as my father and fiancee came back. Fiancee. Smile My father had a grin on his face so I figured everything went well. But then on the other hand Devon looked kind of weird. "Are you alright?" I whispered to him as he sat down.

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 pm

He knew Mel`s Dad was right. Devon took Mel's hand and nodded. "Of course." He said giving her his best fake smile.

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:48 am

"Good," I replied gibing his hand a squeeze and reaching for the menu with the other. "Now, let's order something cause I'm starving and I'm going to have to get to work soon," I told everyone as I started to flip through the glossy pages. "So when do you want the wedding to be?" my mom asked, looking up from her menu. I hesitated for a moment. "Uh, we didn't really talk about anything like that yet..." I told her, glancing at Devon. "What do you want?" I asked him.

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:53 am

"I want you to have the best wedding ever. You set the date. I'll be there." He chuckled. "Aslong as you'll be mine Icouldn't ask for more."

Melanie

Post by Melanie on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:56 pm

My heart completely melted at the sound of his words. I smiled at him and placed my hand on his cheek before I turned my head to my parents. "Isn't he romantic?" I asked rhetorically before kissing Devon's cheek. "You know, I've always wanted a summer wedding..." I said slowly, smiling a little. "It's in a month or so, so we'd have time to plan and I wouldn't have to wait to long for you to be mine," I told Devon. "What do you think?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:38 pm