Waisenlied (Mireya and Engi)

Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Waisenlied (Mireya and Engi)

Post by Mireya on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Alright, my darling. You know your cue, and you know the prompt. ^_^
    My name for this story will be Nadine. The setting is Rural Germany in, say...the late 1800s?

---

The bitter cold bit at Nadine's face and the bitter streaks defiantly staining her rosy cheeks did nothing to help. Neither did the coarse wool scarf pulled up almost to her nose. She was not happy, walking along the snow-covered gravel path, hand in hand with a man she did not know. This place terrified her, but the future terrified her all the more.

Her life was ending and beginning anew. She had seen but eight winters, but now she was going to be shacked up with a bunch of strangers, and made to live in a world without family. She sniffled softly, staring at the ground and digging in her feet a little more with each step.

She was not wealthy, only the daughter of a factory worker and his wife whose dreams were to emigrate to America. Their dreams would not be realized now. No. Not when they were selfish enough to die in a fire that nearly claimed Nadine's life as well. Her strawberry blond hair was scorched short in places, but she could not pretend to care.

She looked up at the grey edifice of the looming orphanage. She had never seen anything so pitiful. It was large but quite run down, and she could hear the incessant buzzing of children probably her own age. She didn't want to see them. She wanted her mother...

They plodded up to the front gate and the social worker knocked at the door.
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Re: Waisenlied (Mireya and Engi)

Post by Mireya on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:02 am

"No no no," she said. "I couldn't find the rolly bug," she said dumping her pile on the bed. "It's okay. You win," she smiled.
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:13 am

Engi clapped triumphantly, picking up her things and laying them out on the bed. "I got the string and the needle and the story book, and the pillow and the button." She exclaimed, dropping them onto Nadine's bed.
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Nadine smiled mischievously. Everything was coming together so nice.
    "Yay, you did so good," she said looking around at everything. She put the pillow on her bed, and put the string and needle in her pocket.
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:29 pm

"Thank you, thank you!" engi said, standing up as tall as she could and puffing her chest out. "didja get alla yer stuff too?" She asked, plopping herself down on Nadine's bed. She hung her legs over the side of the bed and swung them back and forth. "And didja go exploring a lot?"
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:57 pm

She laid out her finds on the bed.
    "I found the screw, the ribbon, and the cup. I explored lots, but I couldn't find the pointy red stick or a rolly poley," she said with a funny face. "I'm sorry."
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 am

"Naw, it's alright. You gotta lotsa stuff. But didja really find the ribbon? Really really?" She asked, her eyes big and wondering. It wasn't often that cute things such as bows or clips were in the orphanage, so she wasnt expecting the girl to be able to find one.
    Mireya
    Beastmaster
    Beastmaster

Post by Mireya on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:51 pm

"Mhm," she said pointing at the dusty, frayed, red ribbon. "It was under a bed nobody was in," she laughed.
    Engi
    Devious Chibi
    Devious Chibi

Post by Engi on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:29 pm

"Oh its beautiful!" Engi exclaimed, holding the ribbon high above her and looking at it in the fading light. The red color was faded and the fabric was worn thin, but it was beautiful. The most beautiful thing Engi had ever seen. She admired it a little more, beaming up at the small, frayed piece of cloth. "Can i wear it?" She asked excitedly, looking back at the girl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content