HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

    March to Talabheim

    Share
    avatar
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2010-10-04
    Age : 24
    Location : Kelowna (Canada)

    March to Talabheim

    Post by Banather on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 pm

    First topic message reminder :

    The Old World is a dangerous place to live in. Humanity is always threatened, from all sides. Everywhere one goes, he or she faces horrors unknown, from bandits, to the Undead, and even Daemons. There are even legends of a race of vicious Rat-Men, called Skaven, who live in underground tunnels all throughout the world.

    The Empire is the largest nation of Men. It is ruled by the Emperor, who is elected, and rules unto death. The current Emperor is a valiant and noble man, named Karl Franz. The Empire is divided into several provinces, each ruled by an Elector Count, who, in the even of the emperor's death, become candidates for his successor. This is a nation which is ruled by religion. There is a god for every aspect of existence, such as Morr, the god of the Dead, Ulric, the god of Winter, War, and Wolves, or Sigmar, the first Emperor, and patron god of the Empire.

    Even within the Emperor's borders, humans are not the only people to exist. Elves live in the forests, and Dwarfs in the mountains, both of which maintain good, or at least tolerant, relations with the Humans. There are others, such as the Vampire Counts of Silvania, or the Beastmen of Drakwald Forest, which threaten the very existence of humanity.

    -------------

    We are all part of a caravan, travelling towards the city of Talabheim. You may be a warrior, priest, or simple peasant folk. Human, Elf, or Dwarf. It doesn't matter. What matters is why are you in this caravan, what do you expect to find in the city we make our way to? Are you running from something? Or someone? Will you tell others, or keep your secrets? It's up to you.

    The technology level in this setting is akin to the Renaissance era, particularly Germany. So basic firearms exist, but they are expensive and typically reserved for the military. Swords and other weapons are much more common. Magic also exists, for those who are trained to wield it. A human can only learn to control one of the Winds of Magic, such as Fire, Alchemy, Shadow, Death, Life or Light.


    Here is a map of the Empire (click it to view the entire thing). Talabheim, our destination, is on the western border of Talabecland, in the center of the Empire.
    Spoiler:

    Banather - Konrad Falkenheim, Warrior Priest of Sigmar
    Mercy - Arabel, Gypsy
    Allen - Tarell Diederich, Rogue/Assassin
    Skye - Nadya Purrum, Gypsy
    Capri - Felixa Cassius, Tilean Noble?
    Murdoch - Varkash, Disguised Chaos Sorcerer

    Current time/conditions: Dusk, with a few clouds and a slight breeze. It's early summer.


    Last edited by Banather on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
    avatar
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

    Posts : 1410
    Join date : 2010-11-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Mercy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:39 pm

    The spirits around her are calm, yet a bright red aura shimmers around them and I sigh, "I suppose I am... On edge." I say, simmering down, "My apologies."

    I sit on the top of the caravan and keep eye contact with her.
    avatar
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

    Posts : 823
    Join date : 2010-11-01
    Age : 21
    Location : USA

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Capri on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:56 pm

    Felixa makes a hand gesture, as if to wave the outbursts away. "It is understandable."
    avatar
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

    Posts : 1138
    Join date : 2010-11-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Eljordo on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:03 am

    Aymarr just sighed and ignored his comments about his holy lady. `Believe what you will, but If you are to speak ill of Bretonnia I at least deserve the luxury of knowing where you are from`
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Murdoch on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:00 am

    He shrugs nonchalantly. "Truth be told, I'm not too sure. I was raised in The Empire, but I know for a fact I wasn't born there, or that my 'parents' weren't my real ones. I know where I was told I was born, but I have my doubts." He found out when he was around 15, and instead of lying about the documents he had in hand, his 'parents' told him the truth. Of course, they could have been lieing.



    avatar
    Skye
    Senior Member
    Senior Member

    Posts : 801
    Join date : 2010-12-01
    Age : 21

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Skye on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:43 pm

    Nadya looked over the others as she pulled her hood off her head. "It might not be best to argue with each other..." She whispered sharply as they fought, not wanting to have bad blood between the caravan so early in their travels.
    Nadya slipped her hand into the small coin pocket in a slit of her skirt, taking out a small coin. She deftly began rolling it through her fingers, her eyes still on the others. She always liked to have her hands doing something. They felt useless unless they were doing something.
    avatar
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

    Posts : 1410
    Join date : 2010-11-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Mercy on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:05 pm

    I watched everyone closely, squinting against the sun streaking between the trees and listen to the spirits as gentle winds sweep past the caravan.

    Troubles are ahead... This journey will not be easy. The ancient spirits whisper and I nod quietly, watching my guardian spirits [a wolf, and an eagle] come closer towards me.

    I nod to them, "Talba..." I nod to the wolf, my whispers carry in the winds, she nods quietly, her fur ruffling in the breeze.

    I turn to the eagle, I was not sure of his name, for he was aloof. I gently wave to him and look around as Talba sits in front of me on the caravan.

    "Who are these people, Esme?" I shivered as she calls me by the name my mother gave to me when I was born.

    I shrug lightly, "I am on the search for safe passage." My lips barely moved as I spoke.

    Talba nods quietly, surveying the scene with her iris eyes.
    avatar
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

    Posts : 1138
    Join date : 2010-11-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Eljordo on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:05 pm

    "I agree, it will do us no good to fight amongst ourselves when chaos is on our tail" Aymarr surveyed the surroundings, it was quiet. He looked up at the sky, it was beginning to slowly set.

    "It is almost nightfall, we could set up camp soon but I would advise against it. Who knows how close the rest of the warband is."
    avatar
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

    Posts : 1410
    Join date : 2010-11-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Mercy on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:11 pm

    I jump off the caravan, "This should be a good spot to rest..." I say quietly, walking the radius of camp, deciding how big to make the protection shield.

    I look back at Aymarr, "Do we have enough tents? And what about food? I hear a stream up ahead, might be good for fishing."
    avatar
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

    Posts : 1138
    Join date : 2010-11-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Eljordo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:27 am

    Aymarr too jumped off the caravan. " There seems to be enough tents, but we should probably go for some fish"
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Murdoch on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:00 am

    ooc: I love it when my posts are ignored XD

    Ic:

    Luc steps down off of the caravan quickly, giving the area a quick once-over. It looks like as good a place as any to camp, and there does seem to be a stream nearby. He doesn't have a tent, but he can sleep out in the open; he prefers doing that anyway. Tents are too difficult to get out of if you're under attack, after all.



    avatar
    Skye
    Senior Member
    Senior Member

    Posts : 801
    Join date : 2010-12-01
    Age : 21

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Skye on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 pm

    Nadya watches as three jump from the caravan, the cart stopping momentarily after. "Camp?" It's a bit...risky." Nadya said as she hopped off the cart, quickly walking to the others. "Once we are in their grasp, we are dead. We won't be able to escape, for they can out gyp' the gypsy, and fight like a bull. Even with magic, there is no promising our safety. Chances are they will not break for night fall. Neither should we." Nadya said sharply with a glance between the other three. Something about camping sounded like they were about to hang themselves in the open for killing.
    avatar
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

    Posts : 1138
    Join date : 2010-11-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Eljordo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm

    "I agree, but we cannot continue forever without rest. There is a storm comming, and though chaos is relentless, they still are mostly mortal. They will not be able to reach us threw the forrest durring a storm, they will most likley wait until morning."
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Murdoch on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 pm

    Luc takes another quick look around, and steps up beside the gypsy girl, shaking his head. "I must agree with the girl. Although I would love to rest, especially after how far I have travelled, we cannot stop. A moving target is harder to hit, after all, and the more distance we put between us and them, the safer we are. If we are attacked, we will get destroyed. It is as simple as that, guys."

    He turns around to clamber back up onto the wagon. Although rest is tempting, he likes life too much to stay in a dangerous place. "We can take turns to sleep on the wagons, whilst two or three of us keep watch. I am sure we have all slept in harder places that the floor of a wagon.

    ooc:

    I was talking about you, Jordo; you asked a question and never responded to the answer. XD



    avatar
    Skye
    Senior Member
    Senior Member

    Posts : 801
    Join date : 2010-12-01
    Age : 21

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Skye on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 pm

    Nadya turns quickly on her heel and begins towards the wagon. She climbs on and leans against the wall, looking to the others outside. "I'll watch first. I've only traveled a small distance, after all." She pulled the coin from her pocket again as she braided it through her fingers, watching as the gold coin glistened every so often as it hit the wanning sunlight.
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Murdoch on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:50 pm

    Luc inclines his head. "I shall watch with you. Pairs is always better than singular watches, and I have some experience that will help if the Northerners attempt to sneak up on us. I suggest the rest of you get some sleep, and we'll wake you when it reaches midnight so you may begin your watch." He pauses, looking at the pair on the ground. "Unless, of course, you disagree with our reasoning? You may stay here, of course, but I believe the girl and I will be moving on."



    avatar
    Banather
    Red Panda
    Red Panda

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2010-10-04
    Age : 24
    Location : Kelowna (Canada)

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Banather on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:55 pm

    ooc: Sorry about my absence. Personal matters, as well as crappy hotel internet prevented me from devoting any time to RPing.

    Konrad opened his eyes. The news of a dead Priest, and the encounter with Chaos had sent his mind reeling. To calm himself down, Konrad had entered a prayer state, in which he became almost completely disconnected from his mortal body. First, he had enacted a prayer to Morr, asking him to guide the souls of any of Chaos's unknown victims. Immediately after, his concentration shifted, simultaneously praying to Sigmar, and attempting to send a warning to Altdorf, where the head of his order, Grand Theogonist Volkmar the Grim, was located. He didn't know if his message would be received, but when Chaos was involved, every option must be considered.

    The Priest gazed around, to see others arguing about whether or not to set up camp. There was a distinct taint of magic in the air, despicably wild. It was clear that at least one of his companions was a Hedge Wizard, a person who, outside of Imperial Laws, had taught themselves magic. He decided it didn't matter at the moment, with a much more pressing threat present.
    avatar
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

    Posts : 1410
    Join date : 2010-11-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Mercy on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 pm

    "Of course, there's risk in everything we do now." I say to the other gypsy and turn to the warriors, "I shall go down to the river.. If one of you would like to join me, do so."

    I open the door of the caravan, grabbing a woven basket and balancing it between my hand and my hip. I turn on my heel, it digs deep into the earth and I quietly make my way down towards the sounds of the rushing waters.
    avatar
    Capri
    The Zealous Irish-Italian
    The Zealous Irish-Italian

    Posts : 823
    Join date : 2010-11-01
    Age : 21
    Location : USA

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Capri on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 pm

    As Felixa watched the others converse and the gypsy walk down to the river, she stayed in the cart. No, it was definitely not a good idea to leave.
    "I will stay awake and watch also." she said absentmindedly, before looking back to the man and gypsy in the car, "My chances of actually sleeping are slim."

    And that was true. Ever since the incident, Felixa had barely slept a wink. No use breaking that streak now.
    avatar
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

    Posts : 1138
    Join date : 2010-11-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Eljordo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:38 pm

    Aymarr sighed. He knew staying would be a bad idea, even though he was exausted. but there seemed to be no reasoning with the girl,she was headed to the lake, in all good morals he had to venture with her in case she fell under attack.

    "hold on, ill come with you. It is unsafe to travel alone with chaos near"

    Aymarr slipped his armor into a big sack and grabbed his sword and shield.

    "until we meet again travelers" He walked over to the river with the girl.


    OOC: Sorry Mur, totally spaced it lol xD

    BTW Ban, can you put my charachter in the OP? thanks
    avatar
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

    Posts : 1410
    Join date : 2010-11-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Mercy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:02 am

    I turn to the warrior who promised to follow me and giggle lightly, almost dancing across the ground I walk.

    "Afraid a girl can't take care of herself?" I ask, the spirits around me give an eerie laugh and dance around me, swaying my dress slightly due to the cool air they were creating.
    avatar
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

    Posts : 1138
    Join date : 2010-11-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Eljordo on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:48 am

    "it is not that you can't defend yourself, it is just good to travel in grpups when being presued by Chaos"

    Aymarr continued to walk with her until they reached the river.
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Murdoch on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:32 pm

    Luc shakes his head slowly. Foolish girl, and the Knight is no better. He wouldn't be surprised if they turned up dead a few hours from now, with the amount of care they are showing.

    "Should we continue on? They should catch up with us soon, if they have any sense at all."



    avatar
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

    Posts : 1410
    Join date : 2010-11-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Mercy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:37 pm

    I grab a knife from my pocket, turning to the man as I set myself down by the waters edge. I laugh lightly, cleaning the jagged knife, it never has failed me, for my ancestors had put a spell on it.

    "The other armored man thinks we are stupid, you know?" I say, taking the knife out of the water and examining it closely. I don't look back at the man as Talba stands at attention next to me, scanning the place.

    "Their path is clear, I hear the horses hooves pounding against the ground... It is getting dangerous, Esme..." Talba says gently.

    I nod only slightly, "Let's catch some fish, shall we? We must move quick though."
    avatar
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

    Posts : 1138
    Join date : 2010-11-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Eljordo on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:33 pm

    "I do not care what he thinks, but there is a degree of foolishness in this. I am simply here to make sure you stay safe, it is my way as a knight"

    Aymarr set his things down and began a short prayer to the holy lady to grant them luck on their side trip.
    avatar
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

    Posts : 1410
    Join date : 2010-11-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Mercy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:10 pm

    I sigh, "I've lived on my own since I was seven, I can assure you I will be safe." I say, looking around, and grabbing a sturdy, long, stick that had fallen from a tree and tying it to the end of the knife to make a spear.

    I spear some fish swimming by, putting them in the basket one by one.

    Sponsored content

    Re: March to Talabheim

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:29 am