HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

Beauty & the Beast.

Dawn

Beauty & the Beast.

Post by Dawn on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:52 am

One on one.

Beauty:
    Once upon a time, in a land somewhere far away, where fairy-folk roamed and witches stalked, there was a castle, filled with kings, servants and lesser peasants. Behind the castle walls, there was a small village, where bakers made their daily wages by baking bread and sweet rolls and blacksmiths earned their pay with each clang of their hammer. In this town, in the midst of every average peasant, there was a cottage.

In this cottage, there lived a man, and his young daughter. The man was a merchant, who spent his days traveling around to distant villages with his spoils. The girl spent months on end alone, and found comfort in reading. None of the town’s folk knew of her passion for books, because it was forbidden for women to read.

One day, after months of planning, the man set off for a long trip to a neighboring country. He promised his daughter that he would be back within the year, and he was gone. The girl withdrew from the town, and she became a mystery to the town’s folk. A strange creature, who always seemed to keep her head down.

Within the month of her father’s depart, the man’s horse returned to the cottage. No rider. The girl knew something must have gone amiss. The horse took her out of the castle walls, past the gates, and into the depths of the woods. No one had come out of that forest alive for years. The girl continued, desperate to see her father again. She was not expecting what she came across. It was a large mansion, almost like a fortress. She pressed on, through the gates.

Beast:
    He was a cursed soul. Years ago, he had heard a knock at his door. An old hag, who wished to stay the night. He had turned her away, disgusted.

The old hag had transformed right when he was about to slam the door in her face. She became beautiful, an enchantress, a goddess. He begged for her to stay, begged for her forgiveness, but she wouldn’t listen.

She told him, “You must learn a lesson, young Prince. I’ve been watching you for many years now. You must learn that true beauty lies within…”

A beast. Cursed, with this hideous shell. He had been a Prince, and now? A monster. A demon. His whole castle had been cursed when he had refused the goddess. All his servants were kitchen ware, candle sticks and grandfather clocks. The only hope left of turning back into his true self…was a rose. One single, delicate, enchanted rose. He had to find true love before the last petal fell, upon his next birthday, or he would stay like this forever.

The beast had not seen a human face in years, and when the elderly man had entered his home, he became furious. The beast no longer remembered what it was to be around someone. He forgot how to be kind, friendly…The old man was in his dungeon now…his prisoner. Forever.

Starting:
    The girl entering the fortress in search of her father. The beast withdrawn to the shadows.
    NOTE:
    He's a beast during the day, but in the short, dark hours of night he turns back to human. No one has seen his human form in years...he doesn't let anyone close enough to see him.

Bio

http://anonymatrix.motionforum.net/t699-dawn-s-victorian-bio#20660

Last edited by Dawn on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Re: Beauty & the Beast.

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:10 pm

ok my bio in link
    Using Roger.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Alright, give me a moment to write a starting post...
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:19 pm

The storm nipped at my nose and cheeks, winter was here, a bit of sleet littering the ground. I dismounted Fredrick, my white horse after we entered the gates of the large mansion. The gates were twisted, rusty, dangerous-looking metal poles that were not so inviting…but I held my breath, pulling up the large hood of my cloak to shield my face and trudging on, pulling at Fredrick’s bridle.

I began to walk toward the steps when the front doors opened wide, with a large gust of wind. I covered my face with my hand, looking up to see Fredrick kicking up on his hind legs, making a frightened noise and tugging out of my grip, sending me into a little pile of snow. I stood after a moment, brushing myself off and seeing that Fredrick had vanished.

Sighing in frustration, I was about to give up and curl into a little ball when those opened doors seemed to draw me in. It seemed as if someone was still living there…I could almost feel the fire burning, drying my wet cloak and warming my cold hands. I walked into the large, dark fortress, hugging my arms and looking around from the safety of my cloak’s hood.

“Hello?” I called, shaky voice echoing around and bounding back to me. “Papa?” The eerie sound of my shoes against the entrance hall making gooseflesh on my arms. I rubbed them, hearing the loud slam of the front doors closing and flinching.

I called out again. “Hello?” It had seemed like someone had lived here, but perhaps it was abandoned…
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:35 pm

ooc: snuck this in somewhere, btw

(He's a beast during the day, but in the short, dark hours of night he turns back to human. No one has seen his human form in years...he doesn't let anyone close enough to see him.)

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:56 pm

ooc-Ok xD will post tonight
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:04 pm

alright lol XD nice name

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Oh snap >.<4 got haha and considerin to change Bio. I do have a Prince bio somewhere xD

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:44 pm

In a dark room I sat near the balcony, hiding in the shadows while I looked out. The room was pretty much a mess, filled with cobwebs, dust, and ripped things. This was the room where I let out my frustrations, where all my potraird were torn and mirrors broken. I kept my magical red glistening shiny rose on a table where the moon light would always hit it. On various occations I would stare at it, tempted to destroy it. It would have been pointless to try. I had been irritatedby an unwelcomed prisoner. I thought of letting him die and rot,or give him some use. My thought were soon interrupted by noise I heard. I growled. Though I was in human form at the moment, I had gotten used to walking as the beast I am during the day.
    I kept close in the shadows to encounter my new unwelcomed visitor. I sneered and used the cloak to make me look bigger in the shadows.
    "What do you think you are doing here?" I asked in a low growl.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:32 pm

“Papa?” I called again. By this point, I had climbed the large, twirling stair case absentmindedly. This place was fascinating, but I had to remember what I was here for. “Is anyone here?” I stopped, peeking through a large wooden door. There was a beam of moonlight touching the ground, and there on the floor, bound by harsh, ugly metal chains was my father, looking pale and sickly in the dungeon. Just as I was about to run to him, I froze, chills hanging on my flesh from an unfamiliar voice.

I turned toward the voice, backing into the room that held my father. “Pardon m-me?”

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:31 pm

“You are trespassing. He is my prisoner. LEAVE!” I growled loudly and smashed my hand on a stool, sending it flying by past her.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:19 pm

I bit down on my lip, hard enough to suppress the yelp that had bubbled up in my throat. Who was this monster? I dropped to my knees beside my father, holding his hand.
    “Please.” I mumbled, thankful that my voice didn’t shake.

I looked to him, his hands were cold as ice, and his eyes were glassy as he blinked. “Papa, you’re not well…” I squeezed my eyes shut, not allowing myself to cry.
    “He’s sick. He needs to get back to the village, can’t you see?” I rose to my feet, trying to sound reasonable, but still a hint of panic rose to my voice.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:27 pm

"He chose his fate the minute he passed the gates." I snapped back at her.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:42 pm

I frowned, lips parted as if to shout at him. But I couldn’t…he scared me too much. I released my lip, looking down at my father and feeling my face go blank. He would die if I didn’t step up and do something. I took the hood of my cloak down, looking at the dirty, crusty floor that had a weird brown tinge that looked like dried blood.

I opened my mouth again, just breathing before I spoke. “If I stay, if I take his place, will you let him go?” I couldn’t keep my eyes open anymore. My voice shook, and I clasped my hands behind my back to stop them from shaking too.

I squeezed them close, flinching when my father shouted “No, Dawn!”

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:45 pm

I kept behind the shadows, breathing hard in pure bitterness, snarling and narrowing my eyes, watching her closely. I could smell her fear, hear ehr heart race, and th tone of her voice filled with panic. This satisfied me very much. I could tell by her expression, the inner conflict she may be going through. She finally spoke. Her voice shaky. “You are requesting an exchange?” I kept my gaze on her, then slightly glanced at her father. “He’s old, you are vital and young. He has lived, you have not. You are aware becoming my prisoner, you will no longer have a life?” I questioned her. My voice was deep and sounded a bit more calm. Was she really going to be this selfless.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 pm

I kept my eyes closed, world seemingly dark. Feeling my nose scrunch slightly, I shook my head. “Do you know not of love?” I murmured, slightly to myself, opening my eyes just to look down at my father. He was crying faintly, shaking his head.

“As far as I’m concerned…” I lifted my chin, sending a narrowed gaze toward the cloaked man. “there is no life without love anyway.” I touched the chain that held one of my father’s wrists, digging into his skin. Perhaps that was where the blood stains had come from. I swallowed the lump in my throat, trying to breathe.

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 pm

I watched her, heard her speak, her words somewhat were genuine, it made me feel something run down my spine. She sounded quite strong in spite of her fear. This was something she took seriously, truly believed on. Love. I growled low. I flicked my fingers and just as I did, two shadow smoky figures in black robes came to take her father. “Hope you know what you are getting into.” I said snarling slightly. The shadows were taking her father into a black carriage along with two huge black horses with red eyes that seemed to magically appear outside.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:36 am

I put my face in my hands, succumbing to tears once my father had left. I didn’t even get to say good bye before he was gone. Stumbling toward the window, I put my hand on the brick wall. He was being carried off, past the gates into the dark forest.

Hands clenching into fists, I wiped my eyes, leaning against the wall and keeping my eyes on the ground, anywhere to keep them away from…him. The monster-man. He was…growling?

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Now what was I suppose to do with her? I thought to myself. Slam her behind the bars? A voice inside my head said not. Then what was I suppose to do? She was my prisoner.
    Keep her, but be nice.
    I frowned and snarled. I took a deep breath in. “You are to stay in one of the bedrooms. Someone will come and lead you.” I finally said
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:15 pm

“W-what? Bedroom…?” I sniffled, shaking my head. I was confused, supposed to be a prisoner, but being treated as a guest? I watched the shadow of a man leave, and took a hesitant step forward, before stumbling toward the door. I desperately didn’t want to be alone in this fortress. But it was too late, the man was out of sight.

Moments later, a figure came into sight. It was dark, and seemingly male. I narrowed my gaze, and put a hand over my mouth. It wasn’t a man, but in fact a figure that looked like a marble statue. It nodded it’s head for me to follow it, and I noted that it’s eyes were a gleaming red. Just like the horses had been, the ones who had taken my father away. The statue-figure walked a few steps ahead of me, and it did not speak.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:36 pm

I found myself pacing down in front of my rose. It gleamed beautifully under the moon’s light pearing through the balcony.
    She must eat.
    I growled. “She’s lucky she has a bed right now.”
    She’s a guest.
    “No, she’s a prisoner. She is taking her father’s place.” I stopped pacing and looked out the balcony. “Fine.”
    Aren’t you going to ask her yourself?
    I grumbled. “Asking a bit too much now.”
    Remember what got you here in the first place.
    I growled. Yes I did remember well. I headed down to the room I knew she’d be in and knocked perhaps a bit too hard on her door. “Time to eat.” I ordered.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:43 am

I sat on the bed, feeling the soft pillows and comforter. It was hard to imagine anything bad about this place…until I heard the knocking.
    Frowning, I crossed my arms over my chest, “I’m not hungry.” I shouted through the door, looking out the window. The sleet had stopped, and I could see a hint of golden sunrise over the horizon. I realized that I was, in fact, hungry from a long travel and from crying. But I didn’t want anything to do with that monster.

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:53 pm

I heard her shout back at me seconds after I had ordered her to come to eat. I growled and knocked on her door a bit harder.
    "I wasn't asking you." I sould loudly.
    What do you expect yourself to do? Drag her out?
    "If I must I will." I mubled.
    You have little time. This may be your only and last chance to show kindness and compassion.Ask her nicely.
    I growled low. My hand went through my hair, I took in a deep breath."Would you please," My voice felt strained. "Accompany me for dinner?" I finally managed to ask.
    Nicely done Master.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:22 pm

I clenched my fists, realizing I was digging my nails into my arms. “No.” I got up from off the bed and began pacing, shaking my head. Why did he feel the need to humiliate me after I’ve lost so much in one night? First my father, then my freedom…

It was too much. I stopped pacing for a moment, closing my eyes and trying to block it out. “I don’t want anything to do with you.” I murmured, too low for the monster-man to hear through the door.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 pm