2015!

Beauty & the Beast.

Dawn

Beauty & the Beast.

Post by Dawn on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:52 am

First topic message reminder :

One on one.

Beauty:
    Once upon a time, in a land somewhere far away, where fairy-folk roamed and witches stalked, there was a castle, filled with kings, servants and lesser peasants. Behind the castle walls, there was a small village, where bakers made their daily wages by baking bread and sweet rolls and blacksmiths earned their pay with each clang of their hammer. In this town, in the midst of every average peasant, there was a cottage.

In this cottage, there lived a man, and his young daughter. The man was a merchant, who spent his days traveling around to distant villages with his spoils. The girl spent months on end alone, and found comfort in reading. None of the town’s folk knew of her passion for books, because it was forbidden for women to read.

One day, after months of planning, the man set off for a long trip to a neighboring country. He promised his daughter that he would be back within the year, and he was gone. The girl withdrew from the town, and she became a mystery to the town’s folk. A strange creature, who always seemed to keep her head down.

Within the month of her father’s depart, the man’s horse returned to the cottage. No rider. The girl knew something must have gone amiss. The horse took her out of the castle walls, past the gates, and into the depths of the woods. No one had come out of that forest alive for years. The girl continued, desperate to see her father again. She was not expecting what she came across. It was a large mansion, almost like a fortress. She pressed on, through the gates.

Beast:
    He was a cursed soul. Years ago, he had heard a knock at his door. An old hag, who wished to stay the night. He had turned her away, disgusted.

The old hag had transformed right when he was about to slam the door in her face. She became beautiful, an enchantress, a goddess. He begged for her to stay, begged for her forgiveness, but she wouldn’t listen.

She told him, “You must learn a lesson, young Prince. I’ve been watching you for many years now. You must learn that true beauty lies within…”

A beast. Cursed, with this hideous shell. He had been a Prince, and now? A monster. A demon. His whole castle had been cursed when he had refused the goddess. All his servants were kitchen ware, candle sticks and grandfather clocks. The only hope left of turning back into his true self…was a rose. One single, delicate, enchanted rose. He had to find true love before the last petal fell, upon his next birthday, or he would stay like this forever.

The beast had not seen a human face in years, and when the elderly man had entered his home, he became furious. The beast no longer remembered what it was to be around someone. He forgot how to be kind, friendly…The old man was in his dungeon now…his prisoner. Forever.

Starting:
    The girl entering the fortress in search of her father. The beast withdrawn to the shadows.
    NOTE:
    He's a beast during the day, but in the short, dark hours of night he turns back to human. No one has seen his human form in years...he doesn't let anyone close enough to see him.

Bio

http://anonymatrix.motionforum.net/t699-dawn-s-victorian-bio#20660

Last edited by Dawn on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Re: Beauty & the Beast.

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 pm

“You see! She doesn’t want to. I was polite!” I hissed.
    Patience.
    “To bloody hell with it. She can starve if she wishes.” I said growling.
    Master...
    I sighed and dug my fingers through my hair again in frustration. “When you are hungry...you are free to eat.” I said grumbling.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:56 pm

I fell backwards onto the bed, giving a loud sign of frustration. He was cruel, he was childish, and there was a weird part of him that seemed almost animalistic. I felt the need to wreck something, but I was also fighting the urge to curl into myself and die in a dark hole.

I looked toward the door, and his shadow was still there. He hadn’t left. I frowned. He would have to leave some time, then perhaps I would explore this place. I would be living here for…well…forever now. I watched the shadow as it moved around, looking dark and frightening. I yawned. Not only was I hungry, but I had been up all night.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:00 pm

After pacing for a bit I finally decided to leave. It already felt odd having another presence in my castle.
    I went to my room, stood in the dark for a bit before i sat down on my couch and dozed off.
    Just during the break of dawn, I went from human to beast, a painful transformation.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:47 pm

I didn't bother crying, I was past it now. My insides already felt ripped open there was no point in making my eyes all red and puffy too. I looked down at my clothes as I sat on the cushy guest bed, sighing. I had no clothes other than the ones on my back.

I took off my cloak, placing it on a hanger close to a wardrobe. Curiosity got the best of me and I peeked inside. Nothing but dust and the lung-filling scent of moth balls. I coughed, letting the dresser shut and tucking a stray curl behind my ear. There had to be some clothes here. Something for me to wear other than this for the rest of my life.

It suddenly seemed like an awfully long time, and I looked at the ground, sitting back onto the bed.
    My attention was caught when a red light appeared, seemingly from the wardrobe. The light came from 2 small dots of red, the exact colour of the horse's eyes, and the statue man. The scent of moth balls filled the bedroom and I scrunched my nose, stepping toward the dresser.

This time when I opened it, it was full with fabrics and garments. Blinking I stepped back. Was I going crazy now? I quickly backed toward the bed, laying atop the blankets and squeezing my eyes shut until I drifted to the dark, ironically at the break of dawn.
    Al THLDI
    The Happy Latin Dutch Italian
    The Happy Latin Dutch Italian

Post by Al THLDI on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:12 pm

hey Dawn, my apologies for the disappearance. If you are up for it, could we continue??

BIC: The transformation from human to Beast always left me with a boost of energy but the other way around It would leave me exhausted. I had preferred looking like a beast other than human. I figured I'd accept this state and deal. the human in me is long dead even during my human form.

Blue Firefighter What ever was yesterday was history. What ever will be tomorrow does not exist. What ever is today, is now and is what determines anything. Tommy Gun

My Bio's

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 pm