HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

Dragon and Thief. JADEY

Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Dragon and Thief. JADEY

Post by Brandon on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:11 pm

I'll type up a setting when I get home if you want, but if not...then you can just look up some summaries on the internet and we can just go from there lol. Let me know your preference on the setting and between the two options of Roleplay and we can start whenever you're ready.

alien alien alien alien

I've lived by their rules my entire life.
    I've protected them. Envied them...and for what?!

To be treated like an animal!
    We are not animals!
    Is this what you want?! We can be slaves, or we can be...
    LYCANS!
    Running wolf AMX logo Hug attack
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Re: Dragon and Thief. JADEY

Post by Jade Hawk on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:52 pm

I'd really need to read the series in order to understand it. Do you have any.. other ideas? Just because I don't really want to do that much research on it after spending the morning doing homework, and I really would have to read the books to understand more. We could use the same basic idea, but make our own plot/story-line out of it if you explain the characters more. Like... you could be Jack and I could be that dragon thing but... a LOT more customized. Or whoever this girl is.

Running wolf
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Yeah yeah totally. That's what I meant it to be...I wasn't planning to follow the exact story line obviously haha. Do you want me to type up a bio on the four characters? Jack Morgan, Draycos, Alison Kayna, and Taneem?

Here's the basic summary of the plot:
    It's ALOT of reading...I know, but it saves you some research hahaha. But like I said, we don't have to follow this whatsoever after the initial meet. Razz

Falsely accused of a crime, he pilots his Uncle Virgil's spaceship to a remote and uninhabited planet hoping to escape capture. When another ship crashes after a fierce battle, Jack rescues the sole survivor-- a K'da warrior names Draycos. It turns out Draycos can help Jack clear his name. All they have to do is team up. No problem, right? Until Jack learns that Draycos is not your average alien. Draycos, a golden-scaled draconic K'da poet-warrior, was on a scout fleet ship when it was attacked, with him the lone survivor. Forced to find a new symbiotic humanoid host, he found Jack Morgan. Jack has been on his own, making his way by shipping interstellar cargo on the ship he's inherited from his Uncle Virgil, a con-man and thief who met with a fatal accident. Draycos has vowed to uncover those behind a vast conspiracy to wipe out his people, while Jack is determined to find out who framed him for a crime he didn't commit. Virgil, who survives as "Uncle Virge" in the ship's computer, is against their plan. But Draycos once saved Jack's life, so Jack feels an obligation to this strange creature who can slip onto the boy's skin, pressing against it like a living tattoo. Knowing that mercenaries were involved in the ambush that killed Draycos's fleet, Jack enlists in a mercenary outfit that practically enslaves adolescent recruits. But the soldier's life isn't exactly what Jack had bargained for, especially when a mysterious girl is recruited into his group. Strange things are happening, and people and events are not always as they seem.

On the planet Brum-a-dum Jack gets hired to work on a plantation owned by a Brummga whose family has ties to mercenary groups. One of those groups might have been involved in the ambush. Jack’s a terrific thief, and managed to do a passable imitation of a mercenary, but those talents don’t help him much on the plantation. Here, he’s just one of many slaves, with little hope of finding the information he came for. But that’s not his biggest problem now. The slavemaster knows Jack’s no ordinary slave, and has his eye on him. Jack, who’s been in tight spots before, knows that can only mean trouble. On the heavily fortified grounds of the alien plantation, there’s no way to get out, and nobody to help him. Nobody, that is, except Draycos. Jack can only hope that’s enough.

In the months since fate threw them together, they’ve been through a lot. But when Jack tries to hack the computer in an office of the notorious Malison Ring, their quest nearly ends in the jaws of that mercenary organization’s trap. Luckily, Alison Kayna, a girl Jack had worked with as a reluctant mercenary for another outfit, comes to his rescue. Evading pursuit, they escape to the primitive world of Rho Scorvi, where she’s planned a rendezvous with friends. But at the edge of Rho Scorvi’s hundred-mile-wide forest, they make a shocking discovery: traveling with a group of the planet’s native Erassvas is a small lost colony of Draycos's own race, the K'da. But unlike Draycos’s people, these K’da--known as Phookas--are slow, lethargic, and unintelligent. When the Malison Ring tracks the Essenay to Rho Scorvi, Jack realizes that unless he and Draycos and a reluctant Alison can lead the Phookas to safety in the forest, these unfortunate creatures will become the latest victims of the genocide that threatens to wipe out their entire race.
    Jack has already been a thief, a soldier, and a slave. Now he must become a herdsman, protecting the Phookas from danger as they travel deep into the unexplored forest. But even more importantly, he must protect from the mercenaries and Alison the dark secret of the herd and Jack's poet-warrior ally. Only if they succeed do they stand a chance of surviving Rho Scorvi to continue their quest.

Now, just when Jack thinks he may finally be on the trail of the information he needs, he’s kidnapped by aliens, who ask him to be a judge for them, as, they reveal, his parents had once been. Jack’s friend Alison Kayna, and her newly acquired K’da symbiont Taneem, are also kidnapped, and she is forced by two of the conspirators to open the booby-trapped safes from the K’da/Shontine scout fleet, to try and learn the rendezvous point of the larger fleet. With the help of Jack’s Uncle Virge and his ship Essenay, Jack and Draycos escape and rescue Alison, but they are unable to gain the information they desperately need to save the refugee fleet… and precious time is running out.

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Well, although I really dislike roleplaying based on books/movies/videogames, I'll make you happy and do this one with you. And yeah, more info on the characters would be nice. I'm debating being Allison.

Running wolf
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Ok...well I don't want you to be unhappy lol you don't have to do it if you don't want.. Razz

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 am

Ok...sorry, I had a bunch of info on each of the four characters, but my mom turned off the computer before I could finish it....So I guess all you need to know is Jack is and orphan but is basically the best hacker/thief you've ever seen. Draycos(My K'da partner) Is a very noble warrior, but also likes poetry. Alison's family never really had that much money so at a young age, her father began selling her for use in mercenary groups...so she has a pretty rough attitude and is really great in combat situations. Taneem(Your newly aquired K'da partner) Until you and her were symbionic[sp?] partners she lived on a planet where the only avaliable hosts were a fat and lathargic humaniod race, so she wasn't taught to fight, talk, read, or write. But we have been working with her and she is an extremely fast learner. She's very caring, but timid sometimes to show feelings.

Anything else you want to know?

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:30 am

I think that's good, thanks. I'll probably have more questions later. You start

Running wolf
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Good idea of what K'da look like...the grey coloring in their scales shows elevated heart-rate. i.e. Right before fighting etc.

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Cooooool

Running wolf
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:53 pm

"Jack? Come on lad, rise and shine."
    Uncle Virge's cold, computer generated voice came across the intercom as he decided to annoy me more by turning on the cabin lights as well.
    "Yeah, yeah..." I muttered, turning over in my narrow bed and pulling the covers more tightly around my shoulders. It felt early, and I didn't feel much like getting up.
    Not much point to getting up, anyway. There was nothing to do here, not unless I wanted to sit around outside the Essenay and pull apart pieces of the grass, stuff reminded me of blueish-green curly fries. I'd spent part of yesterday doing that, and the thrill of it had faded mighty fast.
    I could hear the sound of slight movement. I sighed, hearing Draycos practicing his reading of the human language [English version]. He had kind of a monotone voice, even more on the deep side. "Moose." I called out, hearng him mess up on a common grammer mistake. "The plural form of moose is moose. There is no such thing as meese." I groaned and slowly sat up. Draycos turned, his spines lowering along with the edges of his mouth. "I apologize Jack...I didn't mean to wake you," He glances towards the holo-book then back to me, "Or for annoying you with my bad grammar." I shook my head and chuckled softly. "You know...you apologize too much." I stood and stretched, I ran my hands across my body, not having him on me felt weird. I felt alone for some reason. Thinking of that quickly, my eyesight shot to the clock. "Draycos. How long have you been off me?" He doesn't even look back and answers nonchalantly. "Only 4 Earth hours." I let out a sigh of relief. I'm glad he somehow has a mental clock built into him....I don't know how many times I have lost track of time...after that six hours. Poof. He's disentigrates into thin air. I don't know what I would do with myself then. I lean on the closest wall as my free hand fell back to my side before sliding gently into my pocket. "Virge. Any of the galaxy's finest looking in this area lately?" I hear a virtual sigh. "Nope. Not yet." I smile and sit in the closest chair. "Good."

Last edited by Brandonius Maximus on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:31 pm

This is all you really need to know for a bio lol everthing else is a variable basically. Razz

Features
    Species: Human
    Ethnic: Mixed (White and Black)
    Skin color: Brown
    Tattoo: Full body tattoo of a dragon(Draycos)
    Height: 5’9”
    Build: Slim, athletic. Toned arms, shoulders, and legs. Hard abs, they just aren’t cut.
    Weight: 145
    Hair (color/style): Black hair with a brownish tint. Short, kind of curly.
    Eyes: Brown with hazel streaks.

Last edited by Brandonius Maximus on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Ooc: I take it we haven't met it... where does Allison live and what sort of conditions?

Running wolf
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:25 pm

What exactly is the point of money? Petty cash, useless, worthless evils that manipulate the mids of great men. Economic busts and booms mean nothing when your life is reduced to scavenging food and shelter. I think I can survive just fine on my own without gold weighing my pockets down. She kicked at a small pebble and it rolled a short distance away, finally settling in a small hole of sunken dirt. Trading objects like pebbles are no different. Coins are objects, and objects cannot control a person. Work is the brute of all men, and cash is hard earned, but why be rewarded with such pettiness anyway? Why work for materials you are going to trade off anyway?
    "Taneem, what is the point of money?"
    "It's shiny?"
    "At least you're humour is light."
    "What is light humour is comparison with heavy humour?"
    "You do ask complicated questions."
    She had been walking for a while now, not entirely sure of her destination, but any excuse to distance herself from where she came was good enough for her. Combat was her life, but since earning very little money to actually support her family, which was point to begin with, she lost the motivation to take orders from others. Taneem seemed to unlock a softer side to Allison. The K'da was timid, curious, and intelligent. At least, intelligent enough to show a keen urge to learn and was rather quick on the uptake. Yet there was so little she knew due to her past relationships with other hosts. But this mattered very little to Allison, for Taneem could learn, and Allison enjoyed the companionship.
    As she reached the top of a dirt hill, dust clouding at her ankles, the glossy sheen of a metallic mass stretched before them.

"That's a ship!"
    "Well observed. Feeling brave?"
    "No." Taneem's voice gave a little quiver.
    "Let's go then."
    Allison stepped towards the ship, looking up at it's vast hight. She was unsure as to the origin of this vestal, or why it was here, but her curiosity overpowered her, and she grinned, continuing to walk. It had been a while since they had rested, and she was becoming hungry. The food she had was nothing more than dried packs, barely enough to sustain her, and served nothing for taste. If someone resided in that ship, they might be able to offer a helping hand. If no, there was no use staying, and Allison didn't mind the odd fight, for combat didn't fear her. When in the right mood, she welcomed it. Approaching what looked the the door to the ship, she stopped. This was risky, approaching an unknown transport, not knowing who or what creatures were inside, but that was the thrill of the chase. The adrenaline. The excitement as she waited to discover her next move.

(Ooc: I hope this is good/accurate enough. What do Allison and Taneem look like?)

Running wolf
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:01 am

ooc: Alison is average height, a little on the thin side. Dark hair, I think she likes to wear it down...I forgot haha anyway...nt important. Dark green eyes. Taneem has like shiny silver scales while in normal temperment, but like all K'da, scales turn almost black with elevated heart rate.

bic: "Someone is here." I glance at Draycos quickly. He was sitting up straight, his head cocked to the side, trying to take in as much sound as he could. I turned back to my bunk and rushed to find some decent clothes and a bandanato cover my lower half of my face. I grab my Energy Pistol and move to the door quickly. "Activating camoflauge....just in case they have back-up on the way."
    "Good thinking Virge."
    "Shut up and don't die." He replied vainly.
    I stuck out my hand for Draycos and he slid up onto my body like usual. I still had to keep him hidden, the fact that he was still alive was still supposed to be a secret.
    I heard him whisper in my ear once he got into postion, "Non-Lethal, Jack." I groaned and tossed the pistol onto a short table before grabbing the Netter and setting it to stun.
    "Ready?" I asked before throwing the door open without an answer. I stepped out into the hot Sun, I squinted my eyes slightly since I wasn't used to the light yet. I could see two figures. One shorter than the other. I din't let them get any closer. I pointed my Netter, "HEY! Who are you?! Stop where you are or I'll shoot!"

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:31 pm

(Ooc: Woah... very much like me then)

She looked up as she heard a voice and stopped walking suddenly, holding her arms out to halt Taneem. "My identity should be of no concern of yours." Allison called out to the stranger. "Do know, however, that unless you serve as a threat, I intend no harm upon you." She could feel Taneem's fear. Allison herself was not overly confident, but she refused to show it in her stance, and did not let her voice succumb to it. She waited for the reply of the stranger, hoping he was no foe. She may have stumbled upon his territory, but she didn't mean to trespass, and who leaves a ship in the middle of nowhere anyway? She eyed the weapon in the boy's hand, but she didn't raise her own in surrender. Her fingers twitched beside the gun by her hip, ready to spring to action if necessary. Caution was necessary, even if she didn't intend on killing.

Running wolf
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Mon May 02, 2011 9:08 am

I scowled. "Yea...it SHOULDN'T be. But you happen to be the one coming around my ship..." I snuffed out a bit of air and saw the creature next to her. It looked kind of like Draycos...I didn't know any others from Draycos's ship had survived. I whispered to my shoulder, "Draycos...do you see this?" I felt him stir a bit. "Yes. I could smell her before we began the conversation..."
    "You did?! Well why didn't you say anything?" I kept my stance, but my eyes began to widen as a bit of anger began to fill me.
    "I did not think you needed the distraction at the moment. Let me try to figure out the situation. You can handle the human."
    I could see his eye shifting out from the opening of my collar of my shirt. I then, focused all my attention back on the two. "Walk closer. But DO NOT try to pull a fast one...I can pull this trigger faster than you think. and you and your friend will be wriggling on the floor, tasting 800 volts of electricity..."

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Wed May 04, 2011 11:07 am

Allison grinned as she stepped forwards. She could feel Taneem's nervousness beside her, but she didn't raise her arms in surrender. Sure, he could pull the trigger, but he underestimated her own skills. She didn't wish to fight him, her attack would only be in defence, but if needed, she would have no problems fighting back. As she got closer, she looked into the stranger's eyes. "Allison." She stated, but did not offer him her hand. "You'll want to put that down," she nodded towards the weapon in his hand. You could poke an eye out." Allison turned to Taneem, giving her a comforting look. She didn't know whether or not this stranger knew about her kind, so she couldn't allow Taneem to hide herself in his presence, but time was running out. She had been her own form for a few hours, and there was little time left. Either they slipped out of the stranger's line of sight for a short time, or they explained the nature of Taneem's kind. The former seemed to be a more comforting option, but possibly not the easiest.

Running wolf
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Mon May 09, 2011 3:42 pm

I sneered at this girl. She was a bit too cocky for my liking...that must mean that neither of them have noticed my secret. Good. That gives me the upper hand. "Oh. I'm planning to do alot more than poke an eye out if you get any closer..." I turned up the voltage on my tangler by 200 volts. she made me feel a little uneasy. Her dark, forest green eyes disecting me, trying to figure out my weaknesses. The were pretty, but not pretty enough to grant her any mercy. My eyes squinted as I went back to the business at hand. "Now. Who do you work for? And what do you want?"

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Tue May 10, 2011 7:23 pm

(Ooc: Oh my gosh!! I spent ages writing this really long, clever post and my internet died and I lost it all! -Cries- I hope this is almost as good as what it was before. Sad.)

Allison stood with one hand on her hip, looking up at the stranger and sizing him up. He seemed very defensive and his threat, simple though it was, didn't go unnoticed. There was only two reasons that Allison could think of to make this boy so cautious about his defensive, and he looked too young to have experienced a major threat to him or his ship, and if she was to say so herself, Allison didn't particularly look like too much danger, especially considering the fact that she had not yet reached for any weapon. The final option was that this stranger was scared. He reacted to her presence in an overly defensive manner, which meant he might not know how to present himself in front of a stranger, and was fearful of her. Perhaps he hadn't had any visitors to his ship as of recently. Allison looked over his exterior. He looked strong enough.
    Allison dropped her hand from her hip and sighed. She took a single step forward, risking her chances, before stopping again. "I work for myself, and I wanted to take a peaceful stroll before I came across your ship." She looked at Taneem, who's expression was blank. "You haven't yet acknowledged my friend here, which means that her form does not surprise you, which in addition, means that you know what she is. Now, I've been walking for quite some time and am rather thirsty. Is it possible for me to please have a glass of water? I was going to wait until you offered an invitation, but I'm guessing that wasn't going to happen any time soon," She adjusted the bottom of her shirt. "So this is my request, considering I am rather parched and I doubt there is another source of hydration or another ship around these parts for some distance."
    Allison looked into the stranger's eyes and smiled gently. She loved puzzles.

Running wolf
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Wed May 18, 2011 6:07 pm

I raised my eyebrows as the girl tugged on her shirt. I mean, she was a girl...but one thing I've learned living on my own is : "Don't underestimate ANYONE"

I tilted my head and glanced to my left as I felt Draycos stir against my skin slightly, before whispering, "I believe them to be trust worthy...if I am wrong; I will protect you." I sighed an nodded before looking back up to the girl. I lowered my gun a little. But not all the way. I turned and began heading back to my, now cloaked, ship. I made it to the hatch and opened it. "So...What's your name?" I stepped inside and walked into the kitchen area to pour a glass of water.

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Wed May 18, 2011 10:29 pm

"Again, I'm Allison, and this is Taneem." She said, following the boy into his ship. They appeared to be in what looked like a catering room or kitchen area. Allison felt so grateful to have water again, and as she waited for the stranger to pour her a glass, she looked around at her surroundings. It wasn't a bad place to live, if she was honest. Much nicer than what she was confined to weeks ago. Never again would she return to that life. She was free now. Free from that hell and free to control her own life and make her own decisions. "And you are?"

(Ooc: Yeah, mine's short too, but I didn't have much to go on)

Running wolf
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Tue May 24, 2011 9:46 pm

"Jack." I said simply, before handing her a glass of water that was not quite full.

I glanced at her partner. "Taneem, huh? Interesting name." I brought my attention to it. "K'Da correct? Are you a female or male?"

I moved to a cushioned seat across from the two and set my tangler on the small, faux wood table next to me.

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Tue May 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Allison leant against the wall, closing her eyes as she drank. The cool water flowed through her mouth and it was more refreshing than she had ever recalled. It quenched her thirst and was well needed.
    "I am K'Da. I am female." Taneem answered the one called Jack. "You know of our kind?"
    Allison watch as Taneem responded to the conversation starter. She had come a long way since finding Allison, and although still shy and uneasy, she knew more of the language and how to use her presence. Allison smiled and she felt a twitch of pride.

Running wolf
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Wed May 25, 2011 11:59 am

A small grin appeared on my face as I glanced to my barely exposed collar bone. "DO I?" I stood and after conformation from Draycos I slid off my shirt, tossing it onto the chair I was previously sitting on. Draycos slid about my body until his head was at the center of my chest. He leaped off my skin, pushing me back into the chair. He, however, landed quite gracefully and sat up, chest poked out a bit. I guess he was going for some sort of heroic pose...I never really know what goes through his head sometimes.

I stood and gestured towards Draycos with an open palm. "This. Is Draycos....MY K'Da partner."

Draycos's shoulders and ears dropped slightly and he looked back to me. "Jack. I am perfectly able to introduce myself.."

I raised my hands in self-denfense. "Sorry bud. I'll let you do it next time ok?" I chuckled softly as I saw him turn back to face the two, ignoring my comment.

"I am Draycos. Warrior-Poet of the K'Da. Last of my kind to have relations with the Shontine." He looked out of the window momentarily. "My entire refugee fleet was destroyed by 5 Dinjin-90 fighters. Weilding a powerful weapon called 'The Death'. The energy from the beam passes through any and every non-organic object, just to seek out the living beings within the vessel." He made some sort of sighing sound I guessed. If K'Da can even sigh. "The majority of my ship survived until the crash to a planet below, where I was the only survivor." He glanced at me shortly. "Luckily HE showed up, scavenging and I was able to leap onto him and use him as my host."

He sat where he had originally landed and stared at the two new-comers. I guess he was waiting for their 'Valient story' on how they met. I shook my head slowly and laughed softly, then, after making eye-contact with Allison, I ran circles around my ear with one finger. Doing the universal signal for, "He's Crazy!"

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Allison caught Jack's gesture and winked, giving him an 'aren't they all' look.
    "I am sorry to hear you went through such strife." Taneem bowed her head. Allison was unaware of whether or not Taneem was about to share their side of the story, but she was in hope that their privacy remained intact. Perhaps one day, but as of now, Jack and Draycos were still strangers.
    "Well, thank you for the refreshment." Allison spoke up, preventing the conversation to continue in an unwanted direction. She pulled a pistol from the holder around her thigh and engaged the safety. It would remain by her side while she was here, but as of now, she felt no need to use it. "Perhaps there is a way we can repay you for your hospitality? I have no other destination and I am able to offer you aid. She looked up from her weapon, now replacing it back onto its strap, and locked her eyes with Jack's. "Unless you wish for my partner and I to take our leave."

Running wolf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 pm