HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

    First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Share
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Murdoch on Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

    First topic message reminder :

    Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

    Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

    Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

    Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

    We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.


    Roles:

    Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

    Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

    Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)


    Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total



    avatar
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

    Posts : 2776
    Join date : 2010-12-12
    Location : El Dorado, Arkansas

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Faith Wynters on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:09 am

    He seems to think I take a major offence to his comment. Of course, that is incorrect. He’s afraid to offend me or something or the sort. He has confused me with his actions. He apologizes more deeply and I simply nod as I continued to look forward. The deeper we got into the alleyways, the buildings grew closer together and they became crowded. He would be forced to go back to the main street soon.
    This was the part of the colony that was littered with poverty. These were the streets that weren’t allowed to have patios and yards. There wasn’t enough money for that. I simply wanted to find a different subject to be on whilst still in the car.
    “Have you ever had the Powdered sweets at our bakery, I’ve heard they’re actually rather delightful.” Of course, I knew they hadn’t had them at the local Baker’s Shop. They weren’t tourists, they were abandoned. It would get a conversation going hopefully. I hated the awkward feeling I got when there was silence.



    avatar
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

    Posts : 813
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Ontario, Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Burn It on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:45 am

    "...And came to see if there's something our village should be worrying about." I said flatly, finishing Danny's sentence myself quickly after he began to trail off. I hadn't turned around yet to look at whoever spoke, so responded with my back to her, my face looking straight on down the path we'd started walking down. Danny was acting kind towards her.. Laughing; an attempt easing the obvious tension and suspicion that followed us possibly. One of us had to I suppose.. But me? No such luck. She's no idiot to who we are and what we're doing, and I assume she knows we're aware of that.

    I turned around to see the woman who spoke, dressed similar, if not exact, to the men that Danny brought into town. That faint smirk on her face.. 'You knocked'.. Cute. "Who knows what kinds of things people could be transporting.. You understand, right?" I finished. My hand rested on my left hip, my thumb hanging in my pocket where I kept one of our signals, waiting for the moment where it's clear things can only go south.
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Murdoch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:51 pm

    Murdoch raises an eyebrow, but allows the somewhat random comment to pass by without drawing attention to its randomness; she doesn't seem overly offended now, at least, so maybe he should tread lightly. She is possibly the only cooperative colonist that they have encountered thus far, so it might be an idea to keep her on-side until they can get off of this rock.
    So instead of pointing out the in-consequentialness of the statement, or that they couldn't possibly have visited the bakery since this is their first time here, he simply says, "No, we haven't; are they really that good?" he asks, slightly interested despite himself. He does love a good pastry!

    -----------------------------------------------------

    Tarya watches them keenly. The male seems pleasant enough, while the female...well, the female is exactly what Murdochs code meant; she can see that her stubbornness and arrogance is going to cause trouble. She will be very hard to work with, since she always believes that she is in the right...or, at least, if she realises she's in the wrong she will never admit it.
    Tarya's eyes scan the pair out of habit, and whilst the male is standing with hands by his sides and no visible threats, the girl is more worrying. One hand is at her hip, with a thumb inside the pocket...probably nothing, but Tarya dislikes surprises. If they had a Ultra-Scanner on board, they could use that to determine what, if anything, she has in her pocket...but alas, they do not.
    "I understand," says Tarya lightly; as long as she agrees with them and acts like their friend, nothing should escalate. Of course, if it does, she has them outnumbered two to one...and considering their high level of technology, it would probably be more like three or four to one, unless they have something on them that could threaten their suits. But that is unlikely. "But I'm sure you understand that we have to keep the old girl hidden until she's repaired...after all, if we get crowds of gawkers, it will slow us down massively, and it only takes one moron to start something that ends up very bad for all parties involved." The hint may have been a little blatant, but still; the message has been put across. 'Mess with us, and it won't go well for you'.
    "And I'm also sure you'll understand if I say that I can't allow you to leave until Murdoch gets back here with the spare bits...we don't want any undue fussing." She smiles brightly, but there is a slight edge to it.



    avatar
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

    Posts : 813
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Ontario, Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Burn It on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:33 pm

    Can’t allow us to leave? Ah.. This is the ‘going south’ that I was talking about. Within a matter of seconds, she went from the friendly neighbor act, to the subtle threats. No matter who she is.. One woman can’t expect to keep two full-grown adults hostage here for however long she pleases. Especially with the obvious fact we’re not human.. And the floating possibility of us having God knows what kinds of abilities. Which is why.. She’s given them away. By now, maybe even before we got here, enough of them to keep us here easily have surrounded us. So, running would be the stupidest option to chose. I could always lie.. And say that others knew we left to come here, so people will begin to come looking, but I doubt she’d by it even for a second. She doesn’t seem like the type of person that can be easily lied to.. Sadly.

    However.. The whole reason we came here was to prove if these people brought us danger or not.. If they were a threat. If we find that the men are telling the truth, and them and this girl bring absolutely no harm what so ever to our village, an escape plan won’t be necessary. Yes, I don’t trust them, yes, I want them as far away from here as humanly possible, but if they’re not lying, I can suck it up and shut my mouth if it means contributing to their leave. I won’t like it.. I’ll hate it, and I’ll hate them, but if it gets them to go a bit faster? Fine. Now, should there be something that we should be worried about, or they refuse to prove so.. Plan B will come into play.

    Well, now that things are subtly in the open, playing around isn’t needed anymore. I kept my thumb in my pocket, and relaxed my posture a bit.. Taking my hand out to do so might give away that I had something in there. “What, you decided to just skip asking us to stay, and went right to using force? Not exactly the tone you’d expect from someone whose transportation lies with the hospitality of your people. Oh well I suppose..” I trailed off, wanting to get away from that conversation and move on now that it was clear we knew that we were trapped. “Anyways, we’ll gladly stay if it makes things easier for you; no fuss, no arguments, no complaints.. But answering our main concern that I already expressed would be appreciated. Whether or not you’ve got something aboard that could bring harm to our village.. You must understand that your word would not be enough if we got it.” I spoke the truth.. Just slightly twisted.
    avatar
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

    Posts : 1807
    Join date : 2010-10-07
    Location : Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Danny on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:27 pm

    Danny's head switched back and forth between the two girls. Danny was never really a good speaker. He was more of a man of action, someone who would shut up and work. Of course, he loved conversations and he would speak freely, but this pressure, he was never really good with that. Pressure and public speaking, not his forte.

    He kinda of back off from them and let them speak. He turned around and looked around. He walked a bit back from where they came, leaving almost. He didn't say anything, just kept watching and looking around.



    Danny:

    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway.

    So...
    be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
    you're off to Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!
    avatar
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

    Posts : 1138
    Join date : 2010-11-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Eljordo on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:59 pm

    Ooc: so how far are we from the crash site?

    Bic: Jordan had no idea how the conversation switched to baked goods, but he didn't think much of it. Jordan couldn't concentrate on such idle thoughts, knowing full well the true gravity of the situation. This did get him thinking however, when was the last time he had anything to eat? He was indeed hungry, but it wasn't hard to ignore it.
    avatar
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

    Posts : 2776
    Join date : 2010-12-12
    Location : El Dorado, Arkansas

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Faith Wynters on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:41 am

    I hummed lightly at his question, my eyes squinting closed as a large grin spread widely across my face. I nodded feverishly, opening my eyes to look at both of them.
    “I haven’t had something like that in awhile! The bakers used their hands to make the nice dough ball. They import Peanut Oils and they don’t use the automated Fryers! They’re doing it like they did it on Earth so long ago. You can tell. The recipe is incredible.” I grinned again as I tapped on my leg.

    “If you stay maybe you can go by there or something. They make everything pretty much the best it can be.” I smiled, trying to bring up some sort of conversation between the three of us. Jordan I had almost lost hope on, but Murdoch could keep the noise going until we got to wherever we were going.



    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Murdoch on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:18 pm

    Ooc: Jordan, we're still in town. But anyway, sorry, guys, life has gotten in the way...I will be sure to post asap, though Very Happy



    avatar
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

    Posts : 813
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Ontario, Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Burn It on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:32 pm

    OOC- No worries Murdoch.
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Murdoch on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:05 pm

    Murdoch has to smile slightly. He would like to stay- very much so- but he can't. Not only is he nowhere near the age that most 'Agents,' as they are called, retire, he has a very important mission, and to set that aside to live a quiet life- whilst desirable- is not responsible, and just not like him. He has seen death, yes, he's lost friends, yes...he's even killed some friends, but he isn't ready to leave just yet. If he does, their deaths would have been meaningless. This little side mission is more of a break from their main mission, and though he is only a scouting commander, he plays an important role in their overall goal; defending the outer planets from bandits is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

    "Unfortunately," he says, still smiling, "I cannot stay. We have pressing business elsewhere, and I must see to that before I even start considering retirement. I will keep this little colony in mind, though, you can be sure of that," he doesn't say 'if the colony survives.' He turns his car back out into the street, back into the general bustle. The crowd has thinned out, now, and progress picks up considerably. The market dwindles behind them, and soon the pedestrians are sticking to the sides of the road as vehicles go to and fro on their business.

    ----------------------------------------------

    Tarya smiles slightly. This girl is everything Murdoch warned her about; arrogant, but in an intelligent way, if that makes any sense at all. As if she knows that she's intelligent and arrogant, but uses that confidence to try and control the situation and make her feelings known...how she must have hated Murdoch's polite formality; no rise was received from him, and no information that she can use was extracted either. Murdoch may talk a lot, but he rarely says anything that could be used to compromise his mission. Tarya almost feels happy for the girl that she didn't get a rise out of Murdoch; Murdoch angry is something that not many people have seen...and there are even fewer who can talk about it. She herself has only seen him angry three times, and it was scary. It may not have been 'screaming and firing' terrifying...it was just the way he changed, and the way he acted...for someone who knows him...it gives you the shudders.

    But she has the intelligence to know when to abort a conversation quickly, and Tarya allows it to drop. What she is really interested in is the girls pitiful attempts at gathering information; she is very obviously keeping one hand near her pocket no matter what she does, so it's possible that she has something in there. No matter; she didn't have any time to prepare booby traps, so it is likely a broadcast device of some kind. Their equipment will let them know the moment that it's activated, and they can take steps from there. There are ways of negating that advantage. Of course, it would be far easier to just not have them activate it, of course.
    "If you do not trust our word," she says, a small smile pulling at her lips, "How can we give you a satisfactory answer?" She chuckles a little, and holds up her hand to forestall the girls obvious answer. "And no, we will not be showing you around our ship. Personal security and privacy, you understand. Just take my word for it; if we meant you harm, we would have done it already, rather than send two men in alone to your colony, wouldn't we?" She lets out another light chuckle, and looks at the other one, the male. If he takes too many more steps, he will have to be suppressed and dragged back, and then things will get messy. "Boy," she calls out, "I would suggest not taking another step. You wouldn't want me to think that you were trying to run, now would you?"



    avatar
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

    Posts : 813
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Ontario, Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Burn It on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:49 pm

    I had actually thought that she’d let at least one of us tour it with her, just to make sure.. But I suppose the no was the obvious answer. She doesn’t fall far from the other two we met earlier.. And it’s really annoying. I couldn’t care less who she is, she needs to drop that dominant attitude of hers towards us. I’ll admit I’m not much better.. But she forgets whose lands she’s standing on. Whatever authority she has elsewhere was stripped when their ship hit our soil, and that goes for the rest of them as well.

    “I suppose not.. But we didn’t ask if you meant us harm purposely, we asked if there was anything you are transporting that could be harmful.. Something we should be worried about being on our lands. Somehow you missed that part when you were giving us your word.” I said calmly, little to no expression on my face, unlike her, I wasn’t in the mood to shed smiles. I turned to look at Danny, only noticing know he had taken a couple steps away. He didn’t intend to run, did he? Knowing him, he should have figured out we’re surrounded before I did.. Running would stir up too much trouble, not giving us enough time to signal. Maybe he heard something, or is testing her reactions? I walked to him, my back turned to the girl and grabbed a hold of his shoulder with my left hand, taking it away from my pocket. “Don’t run after I set it off, okay?” I whispered to him, incase running was what he was trying to do. I doubt it, but it never hurts to make sure.. Maybe he’ll set his off following mine, hopefully.

    I took my hand off him, turned to face the girl with an uplifting face that was only missing a smile. It might do no good, and might not affect them at all, but it’s better to do it and it be useless, than not get the chance and it of been helpful. “No problem though..” I continued off what I had said before, speaking loud to the girl. I whipped my hand into my pocket, grabbing the firework and ripping it out, raising my hand to just my shoulder line. I threw it, slamming against the ground about four feet in front of me. The bottom spat and sputtered for a seconds before it burst open, sending up the four streets of red light, crackling and shattering after reaching as high as they could. We were farther from the village than I thought when I got this idea.. But the sound is enough to travel, if not the sight of the red streaks. “… you can swear that to the other villagers if they arrive.”
    avatar
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

    Posts : 1807
    Join date : 2010-10-07
    Location : Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Danny on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:50 am

    Danny stopped and chuckled. "Boy? Ma'am, no one has called a boy for a while now," he spoke in a joking manner. They were surrounded on all sides. Danny had assumed as much when the girl revealed herself, but he just wanted to make sure. Its a farmers job to know his surroundings.

    At this point, Kristie had laid her hand on his shoulder and whispered to him. She told him not to run, and Danny smiled. He looked up at the trees and smile. "I wasn't planning on running, it was never my intention."

    Danny kept his back to Krisite and Tarya and from behind he heard t he loud and annoying sounds of the cracker. The red and green flashes could be seen by Danny despite him not facing it. Shortly afterward Kristie set her's off, Danny withdrew his own from his pocket, lobbed it past him (away from everyone else) and watched it go off.



    Danny:

    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway.

    So...
    be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
    you're off to Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Murdoch on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:21 am

    ooc: Just waiting on Faith, guys Very Happy



    avatar
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

    Posts : 2776
    Join date : 2010-12-12
    Location : El Dorado, Arkansas

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Faith Wynters on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:36 pm

    Ooc- Sorry, I was kind of waiting on Jordan so he doesn’t get behind, but okie.

    “So you didn’t even mean to and here? I mean, yes, you crashed, but your course wasn’t set here in the first place?’ I was acting stupid for a purpose. I still wanted to know what they were up to. I was curious and I needed to know. I didn’t know why I felt the need to know, but I had to. I kept my eyes ahead as I changed legs, folding the opposite of each other. I shrugged, thinking back to some of the other things he had said.

    “Retirement on this planet is nice if you haven’t lived here your whole life. After five years you’ll be wishing you were dead” I gave him a small smile with my words, keeping my moving my eyes along with the people outside the car.



    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Murdoch on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:39 pm

    Murdoch does chuckle at this, and looks at Faith for a moment, before returning his eyes to the road. She is not stupid, that is certain; she knows enough to not ask them flat out, and is attempting to lure them into saying why they were here. Of course, the angle that she went with is intriguing to say the least; no matter what answer he gives her, he will be telling her something. If he says that they did indeed come here by mistake, he would be telling her that they did not intend to come here and are just passing through...of course, that would only be half the truth. If he says that they came here deliberately, she will instantly try and think why, and why they're keeping the reason so hush-hush...and she will probably leap to the worst conclusion possible.
    He settles for the middle ground. "We didn't intend to crash here," he says, avoiding the subject of them meaning to come here, "but we thought it best to scout the nearby planets." Again, not a lie...not exactly.

    It's then that he hears it; a distant sound that echoes through the town. It isn't particularly loud- just on the edge of human hearing- particularly over the market noise and hubub of general colony life, but it is still there, and it sounded like it came from the direction of the crash site. Already one or two people are turning around to look for the source of the noise, and one or two are even starting to head off in that direction. It can't have been the ship exploding- that would have been far, far louder- so what could it possibly be? He looks at Jordan, a little bit worried.
    "Tarya?" he says, speaking into his radio. No reply; just a crackly radio. He frowns; they couldn't have...no. Not possible. "Tarya!" He says again, more urgently this time. This...is worrying.

    ----------------------------------------------

    Tarya flinches ever so slightly as the fireworks go off- it's more a habit than necessity; a firework is unlikely to hurt her in her armour- but she has to admire the girl a little bit. She came prepared. Not prepared enough- only those very close to the forest would have seen the brief sparks, and anyone who heard the fireworks wouldn't know what they were exactly- but prepared nonetheless. Of course, this means that they may have to subdue the two, should more colonists come looking, and put them out of sight. She barks out an order- "Stand down!"- to the three men behind the two colonists, as she knows they have probably drawn their weapons. She smiles at the two colonists, but her smile has a little bit of a sad edge to it.

    "You had to go and be trouble, didn't you?" She says sorrowfully, "You couldn't just stand here and be cooperative, could you?" She sighs, and takes a half step backwards, patching into her comm system. There's a little bit of interference, but not much.
    "Sir," she says, then waits. No response; just static. "Murdoch, sir?" She says again. More static. She frowns, this time, and it is evident that there is something up. "Sir, please respond!" Again, no response...so much for 'third times the charm'...
    She looks up, and signals. The three men reappear from thin air a short way into the clearing, the two shorter ones on the flanks and Edward in the middle. All three are holding their weapons- mercifully set to stun- pointed at the ground.
    "Guys," she says, frowning, "We may have a problem."

    -----------------------------------

    Murdoch looks at Jordan, his frown deepening. He's tried several times more to hail Tarya, Edward and The Dwarves, all on different frequencies with different encryptions and codes, but to no avail. All attempts have failed, and miserably so. "Jordan, I've lost contact with the rest of the squad...we may be in trouble." There shouldn't be this kind of interference around here...it can't have been that sound he heard- this planet doesn't have that kind of technology readily available to them, and a mere sound shouldn't be able to disrupt communications- so what could it possibly be?

    And it isn't just him. He looks around, and an increasing number of people are frowning at their personal communicators, handheld computing devices and other communication and multi media devices, and some are even shaking them, turning them off and then on again, or just generally complaining to their neighbour about it.

    Then, suddenly, out of nowhere, chaos erupts.

    A building, just a little way down the road, explodes in a massive gout of flame and smoke, and the people next to and opposite it are suddenly showered in heavy, flaming debris. The screams start a split second afterwards, screams of terror, screams of confusion...screams of pain. Already Murdoch can see mothers and fathers and brothers and daughters kneeling on the ground, crying out in anguish with dirt and dust on their faces as they look at crushed, crumpled loved ones.
    Then, another building explodes, and the screams increase, the crowds rapidly dispersing in a panic as they seek shelter, any shelter from this sudden, unseen rain of death. But Murdochs eyes are not drawn to the crowd...they are drawn upwards, to the sky.
    There, streaking above them so quietly that they may as well be silent, are ships. Sleek ones, ragged ones, mitchmatch ones and new ones freshly looted...all different kinds, circling the colony, firing salvos off at random, causing buildings to spray in all directions like water in a disturbed puddle, rubble falling like rain on the hapless, defenceless colonists. How did they sneak up on the colony? Even a colony this far out has a radar station, surely, and those ships should not be that quiet...raiders do not have this technology!

    He makes a sound of annoyance, and kicks the door to the truck open; with the fresh rubble and bodies in the street, they are stuck, sitting ducks lying in the open. He launches himself out, dragging Faith with him- Jordan knows enough to get out himself- and pulling her to the ground, just as the truck itself bursts into flames. The men on the back barely had time to scream.
    He hauls himself to his feet, practically dragging Faith after him. In a matter of moments, the colony has gone from peaceful and ordinary to anarchistic and chaotic as people desperately seek shelter in their basements and houses, barring doors and locking windows, grabbing whatever weapons they can find.
    The bombardment will soon stop, he knows, as the bandits will come down from their ships to pillage what they can before leaving the planet in devastation...the only thing he doesn't get is how they snuck up on the planet, how they got past the ship in orbit, and why the ship didn't launch a warning flare...none of this makes sense.

    He yanks Faith into a nearby archway, shoving her a little roughly behind a stone pillar. It won't offer much protection, but it's better than nothing. He peeks out from behind his hiding place, and promptly pulls his head back in.
    "I don't understand," he mutters under his breath, "They're early...far too early..." they were meant to be here in a days time, and their plan had hinged on that...if they somehow surprised the ship...and if they hit the transport...

    He shakes head to clear it of such thoughts. Tarya and the rest are fine, he knows it...or at least, he hopes. He turns around and addresses Faith. "Where would the colonists go, if under attack? Where's the safest building in town?"

    ----------------------------------------------

    Tarya's head snaps round as she hears the first distant explosion, and soon fire and smoke can be seen on the horizon, over the tree line. What in the blazes...? It doesn't look like anybody will be answering the girls signal at the moment...they have problems of their own. A second explosion sounds soon after, then a third, then a fourth...then the sounds of screaming reaches them, just at the edge of hearing, but unmistakable either way. Then a shadow passes overhead, and Tarya curses; the bandits are here, and Murdoch is still stuck in the colony, along with Jordan.
    "Edward," she snaps suddenly, striding past the colonists, "Get those two into the ship and seal the door. Do what you can to avoid detection. Dwarves, you two come with me; we're going to go help Murdoch and Jordan!"
    Edward grabs her by the arm as she passes. She yanks to try and get away from him, but he holds fast. "No," he says firmly, "we stay here. We won't be able to help him if we go storming in...we're no use to him dead."
    "Let go of me," she hisses. How dare he? She is the ranking officer here, and he will do as she says! "I am the officer here, and I say we go help Murdoch!"
    "And Jordan," he reminds her, "Jordan is there too. Murdoch is not alone, and you would be going on a suicide mission! What would Murdoch say?" She yanks again, but can't seem to break free...she could, if she hurt him, but he is her friend and she would never hit him without cause. All she can do is stand there and listen. "What would he say?" he demands again, "Would he want you to waste your life? Hmm?"
    She is about to deny it, then hesitates. She may not want to hear it, but Edward is telling the truth, and she knows it, deep down. Murdoch is on his own. She says, in a resigned tone of voice, "No...no, he wouldn't."
    "Exactly," he says, releasing her, "Now we need to get the colonists to safety. We all get inside the ship, then go to the colony when the bandits are gone."
    She nods. "Very well," she says, back to her assertive self, and turns on her heel. "Everybody into the ship!" she says, striding past the colonists, "You two as well! If they don't come," she says to the three crew members, "drag them in! We need to hunker down until the attack is over with!"



    avatar
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

    Posts : 1138
    Join date : 2010-11-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Eljordo on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:11 pm

    Jordan couldn't believe it. Why were they here this early? Intel said they had a day to complete their mission, someone screwed up. Someone screwed up big time. Jordan jumped out of the truck just before it burst into flames, he quickly looked around. It would seem Murdoch and Faith got out unharmed. A glance to the sky would reveal several sleek looking ships, pirate ships. This was bad.

    It would appear two building had already exploded, panic spread through the streets. Another glance and it would appear pirates were landing and piling out of their ships. Jordan had to intervene, or these pirates would pillage this colony unopposed, these colonists weren't warriors. Jordan made his way to Murdoch and Faith.

    "Orders sir?"
    avatar
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

    Posts : 2776
    Join date : 2010-12-12
    Location : El Dorado, Arkansas

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Faith Wynters on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:12 pm

    I couldn’t believe what was happening. Streaks of fire ran across the sky, hitting a building nearby. I couldn’t believe it, the glow of bright orange. I shook, my head shot to my own Shop. Was it going to get hit. I didn’t know. Before I knew what I was doing, I was being dragged out of the car by Murdoch. I landed hard on my back when I pulled me out, and I was forced to scramble to pull myself to my feet. If I hadn’t, he would have been dragging me by my back if I hadn’t. I flinched, letting out a yelp as the truck burst out in flames. I couldn’t believe it, only a few moments later he had been telling me that he hadn’t meant to be on this planet. Had I trusted the wrong person?

    He asked me to tell him where everyone would go if the colony was under attack. There wasn’t very much risk, being this far out. There was probably something like that somewhere. My mind was on other things though. I ignored his words.

    “You weren’t expecting to come to this planet, huh?! What the hell is that?!” I was glaring at him, my eyes hard as I moved toward him. My teeth were gritted, all those credits, gone. “You’re doing this aren’t you…These are your people aren’t they?” I pushed a finger toward him. I didn’t know what to do, didn’t know what to say.



    avatar
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

    Posts : 1138
    Join date : 2010-11-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Eljordo on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:59 pm

    Jordan just turns to Faith.

    "Smarten up, right now! We are just as surprised as you are, now pull yourself together! We need your cooperation if you are going to get out of this alive!"

    Jordan snapped.

    The situation was chaotic enough, the last thing they needed was for the civilians to start pointing fingers and panicking.
    avatar
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

    Posts : 813
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Ontario, Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Burn It on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:53 am

    Alright, back to the drawing board.



    Last edited by Kristie on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
    avatar
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

    Posts : 1807
    Join date : 2010-10-07
    Location : Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Danny on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:34 am

    ooc - Murdoch, you might (?) be waiting on my post, I'm not sure, but I have two possible posts after reading Kristie's, and they're based on what your characters too. In other words, I'm going to see what Tarya and the gang do first before I post.



    Danny:

    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway.

    So...
    be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
    you're off to Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Murdoch on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:50 am

    ooc: Kristie...Edward was behind you, The Dwarves to the sides and Tarya in front. Tarya stormed off towards the village- walking past you the first time- then got stopped by Edward (who had uncloaked)- and then strode past you again. The only way for you to run was to run past Tarya, and they would have blasted you with stun weapons before you made it ten feet. XD Sorry, but I made perfectly clear beforehand that you had been surrounded. Razz



    avatar
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

    Posts : 813
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Ontario, Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Burn It on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:50 pm

    OOC- Danny, go ahead and post first if you'd like. It'll take me a while to figure out what to do with Kristie.
    avatar
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

    Posts : 1807
    Join date : 2010-10-07
    Location : Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Danny on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:47 pm

    Danny stood there calm and collectively. The fireworks has died down and despite the sudden noise and lights, the group (or at least Tarya) didn't seem affected by it at all. Danny was about to turn around and speak when there was an explosion and smoke rising before him. Danny flinched and watched. Another explosion. More smoke. Danny had already begun to panic. He frozen there for a second and watched the colony from the distance. He was so focused on what was happening that he didn't even notice what was going on around him. Three more members of the gang appeared and were discussing among themselves. They were all droned out by Danny's fear.

    The only thing he heard was '"You two as well! If they don't come, drag them in! We need to hunker down until the attack is over with!"' It was then that Danny reacted. He took a step forward as if about to run, but just as he was about to take off, two men dressed in armor grabbed both of Danny's arms prohibiting him to move. They really were surrounded. "Let go of me!" Danny shouted as he tried to fight against them. He didn't even look to see who his captures where, he just kept him focus ahead to the burning colony and the rising smoke. The two men (the Dwarves? Or was it Edward too?) begun to pull Danny back towards the ship like had been ordered to.

    "Seriously! Let. Me. Go!" He shouted, grinding his teeth trying to push himself through. "My father is over there!" It was after that sentence that Danny's right arm changed. Despite his human appearance, Danny was more than just a human. The clothing on his right arm ripped into pieces as his arm when from flesh to a deep green crystal. Since Danny is able to change the form of crystal, along the outer form of the arm became a blade which streaked across the armor of the man holding onto Danny's right arm. The man wasn't hurt (due to both the armor and the fact that Danny didn't actually want to hurt him) but he did release his arm in shock. With his arm free, it returned back to human flesh. The other man holding Danny let go.

    "My father is over there and I can't just leave him for dead! He was the one who brought me over here!" Danny spoke as he spun around to face the group.

    ooc - this is the colour of the crystal.

    http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2CT-DEEP-GREEN-EMERALD-CRYSTAL-SAWAT-PAKISTAN-/22/!C!UVnmw!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKiwEzSKiJTJ+BNCd+OLmeg~~_35.JPG



    Danny:

    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway.

    So...
    be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
    you're off to Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!
    avatar
    Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

    Posts : 813
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : Ontario, Canada

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Burn It on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:24 pm

    OOC- Third time’s a charm.. God, after rereading and rewriting twice, my character is such a little bitch >.> If I've missed any editting, please just, pass by it -.-

    BIC-
    There was black smoke covering the village, the sounds of every explosion louder than the last, and it just kept going.. And I didn’t know how to react. We’d never been attacked before, never been assaulted or anything of the kind. War? Battles? It wasn’t us, it wasn’t our place in this world, in this universe. A scream or two echoed into the wind, carrying to my ears.. Whatever was going on, whatever was being felt, you could hear it if you really listened. Another of the soldiers emerged from the ship, and I could hear the yelling match between him and the girl, but at the same I was tuning them out, memorized by the still rising smoke. I felt paralyzed all over my body, not able to even blink, yet I felt a single tear already running down my cheek. What.. Was happening?

    I snapped back into time once the girl passed by us, sprinting back into the ship. ‘Drag them..’? I’d like to know where she gets the nerve to do so, to tell US where we may go on our lands. Just then, after she disappeared, Danny spoke up when he was grabbed by some of the men who began to pull him towards the ship. My eyes bulged, completely stunned.. Thinking that the horror of staying here, being forced to stay here was coming true.

    I looked over to whom I now knew as Edward, staring with my face twisted into nothing but pure rage. I leaned down, rolled the leg of my pants up until I could get my hand up far enough to pull out the dagger strapped to my left thigh. I yanked it out of it’s casing and gripped it tightly in my hand, my hands wanting to squeeze it harder and harder until it literally snapped. “What do you honestly expect us to?! Go only when all there is to find is the rotting bodies of the people we care about covered in ash? The people you care about?! You’re going to sit here while they’re in this?” A second later, Danny broke free of the grasp while I was talking and not paying attention. I could see the green crystal that his arm became, and watched it slowly die down back into human skin. They’re edging close to really ticking him off.. As they are me. I moved to him, watching all four of them and raised my dagger so it was in their direction and at mid torso height. “However little it may be, this is not a threat to you, it’s a threat to those attacking our loved ones. Get in our way, and it will be yours. Regardless of your good intensions to keep us safe, I will not stay here, and that goes for Danny as well.” I paused, watching one of them slowly ease a single foot in our direction. I glared, but knew why he was trying. We were out numbered, and obviously out done when it came to equipment. The two of us, unprepared for this type of situation didn’t stand much of a chance against whatever they will have. Come to think of it.. What chance did we stand against whatever is attacking us? I’m stubborn.. Not stupid. But my mind was canceling every last bit of that out.. Ignoring the reality facts and just sinking more and more into the desire to get to the village. “Let us make our own decision.. Please.”


    Last edited by Kristie on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

    Posts : 1805
    Join date : 2010-10-05
    Age : 23
    Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Murdoch on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:02 pm

    Can't post right now...and sorry to be nitpicky, but Tarya turned away from the village; she listened to Edward and is going back to the ship Razz Doesn't matter though, don't worry. And you can edit the post rather than just post it again. XD




    Sponsored content

    Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:19 pm