HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Murdoch on Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I said I was going to post this, and I will. I expect people to join, as many people expressed an interest.

Alright. I will keep this simple. It is the year 5052AD, and mankind has long since extended its reach to the stars and outside its solar system. It has encountered many new sentient races, some hostile, some friendly and some who are just trying to get by. The governments of mankind have banded together under one banner, the "true" UNEM; United Nations of Earth and Mankind. It sits on the grand galactic council alongside representatives from every other race in the galaxy, and ostensibly have Human-kinds best interests at heart. However, politics corrupt everything, and every member in the council has their own agenda, even within the parties. The miniature councils that run the solar systems are just as corrupt, allowing bandits and slavers to operate in many of the outlying systems where the UEP- the Universal Enforcers Patrol- have a very weak presence. Whether this is due to lethargy or corruption on the councillors part depends on the system. There are many different groups outside the councils, be they mercenary groups, terrorist groups, bandits or just wealthy, independent businessmen.

Of course, what do we care about this? You are all simple creatures- humans and aliens alike- who live a simple life, living in a colony on the planet Liberty, located in the Terminus System in the far reaches of the galaxy. News from the rest of the galaxy doesn't reach you, and your biggest worries include the occasional bandit raid or whether next years harvest goes rotten. Humans and aliens alike live together, side by side, reacting to each other based solely on personal virtues rather than racial stereotypes. You are all stuck here, after all, and you grew up here; most of your families have lived here since the colony was founded, or close to it. Liberty is an earth-like planet, albeit with different wildlife and a slightly higher climate, and completely isolated, more or less.
    That is, until a ship from an unknown organisation- it could be military, it could be something else- drops out of hyperspace above the planet, and sends down six soldiers of mixed race in a dropship that lands just outside of the colony limits, near the outlying farms. They have heard rumours of a massive attack being planned by an unknown force, and they have been sent to find out why and to hopefully stop it. What in Gods name is about to happen to the peaceful planet of Liberty?

Ok, now most of you will be farmers or shopkeepers or working in personal security...generally an ordinary person leading an ordinary life. Myself and someone else will be playing the military personnel in charge of the other four who were sent down, and sorry guys, but that role has been reserved. This is simply to keep the story moving.
    You can be human or alien, and I will not give you a list of aliens. It will be up to you to invent them yourselves...just PM me with your ideas and I will review them to see if they are viable to include. Alright?
    If you wish to be one of the four soldiers, you may, but I do not want everyone choosing a soldier, and if you choose to be a "grunt" you will be wearing a red shirt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

We start just as the dropship is finding a place to land.

Roles:

Civilians:
    -Danny, farmer, Crystalline
    -Faith, Book Shop owner, Human

Soldiers:
    -Murdoch, Scout Leader, Human
    -Jordan [Eljordo], Human

Other:
    -Brandon (Dragon...symbiote...thing...)

Last edited by Murdoch on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 7 times in total

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Re: First RP to be finished on Anonymatrix....hopefully....

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri May 27, 2011 4:27 pm

ooc- I would, but my character is on pause for Brandon... I was going to do something that would get me there, butt....I'm kinda pausin

Post by Guest on Fri May 27, 2011 4:34 pm

ooc, very little chance of me or jade getting there, because if you farm is within walking distance of the colony then I feel that a commecial pilot is of no use.
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch on Fri May 27, 2011 4:38 pm

ooc: Guys, everyone can meet up at the colony. I can just suggest that you meet the people closest to your area, and we meet up later. Don't rush it or force an unrealistic situation...

Ic:

Murdoch shakes his head a little. "We're going to have words with the technicians, as they call themselves. Never trust an Allurian technician..." he trails off and shrugs, but glances sharply at the farmer when he asks their names by proxy. "And we didn't give them, sir." He leaves it at that. They will give names, eventually...but now? It's still a little early for names. Besides, he hasn't given his.

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Fri May 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Jordan was uneasy. Murdoch thought this man harmless, that could have been a fatal mistake. So far everything seems to be alright, but a situation can turn on you in a split second. Jordan then remembered earlier in his scouting carrer, before he joined up with Murdoch.

He was sent down with a group of scouts to check out a mining base the UNEM lost contact with. They met a group of miners who seemed harmless, they even seemed like they needed help. Jordan and his team followed the miners straight into an ambush. The miners turned on them, killing all but Jordan. Apon later inspection, it seemed that there was a chemical comming from the mine that was affecting the attitudes of the miners, causing random violent outbursts.

The long and short of it? Jordan will never trust someone soley based on the fact that they look harmless. For now he would entertain this, but he would keep vigillant.
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Fri May 27, 2011 6:07 pm

ooc: Sorry...

bic: I nodded as I got to the counter. I noted Faith's once-over and my smirk stayed until I got to the counter. I leaned on it, my left elbow now on it's side.

I grabbed a glass of Jomba Juice(Bright orange liquid, slightly clear, from the Jomba fruit.) and took a long sip. After swallowing I glanced outside shortly before returning my gaze to Faith. "So." I cleared my throat quickly. "Do you have any idea what everyone was looking at earlier? I heard a crash..." I looked at her, out of the corner of my eye from my glass.

Last edited by Brandonius Maximus on Fri May 27, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

I've lived by their rules my entire life.
    I've protected them. Envied them...and for what?!

To be treated like an animal!
    We are not animals!
    Is this what you want?! We can be slaves, or we can be...
    LYCANS!
    Running wolf AMX logo Hug attack
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri May 27, 2011 6:13 pm

I noted what he grabbed as I pulled more newspapers from under the counter. I smiled as I pulled the holographic chart from under, marking how many papers I had left. I looked up from the chart, shaking my head and smiling.

"Someone said it was more newcomers, but I don't know. I got a new shipment of books today, and I was too excited to be outside."I passed the small hologram check across the counter to him as I looked him over.

"I don't really care what it was, people have been buying books and drinks since it happened, just to they can gassip about it! I'm happy" I smiled, pulling a glass of coffee up onto a tray to take it to an elderly woman that was sitting in the corner.

Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Fri May 27, 2011 6:20 pm

I signed my name with a small pen quicky. Before setting it back down and sliding it back across the counter as she walked away to help someone else.
    I watched her closely until she came back. I loved to study the movements and reactions of other species. It intrigued me.
    I made sure I had eye contact before speaking again. "Well, you aren't TOO busy are you? Would you like to go check it out with me? I, as you already know, just got off my shift. So right now....I have nothing else better to do." I chuckled softly before begining to gaze about the room. My peircing blue eyes following each little movement they could. So much diversity...so much to learn.

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri May 27, 2011 6:28 pm

I walk back, sweeping the signed hologram from the counter. I shook my head, pulling it up to the small spike under the counter, forcing it down.

"Well...I've no one to watch the shop...So..." I trailed off, smiling as I pulled the two hologram checks from the small print out. I pulled away again, handing them to the two that was ready to go.

"Give me a few more minutes, and I guess? Maybe? But won't colony security be there? They wouldn't want us to be in their way would they?"

I pulled to the door, flicking the open sign closed. I turned back around amoment, a small smile on my lips.

Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Fri May 27, 2011 6:48 pm

My eyes traced down her face until they reached her mouth. my eyes widened slightly as I watched her lips spread to a small smile.
    I looked back up to her eyes, "Well does that mean yes?" I laughed. "And Colony Security?! I am better at my job of security than all those wanna-be's..."

I walked up to her slowly and pressed against her slightly before brushing past and opening the door. I liked to interact with all species. Especially in this manner. I didn't consdier it playing or just using them...I just considered it sudy. For further referances...
    "I'll wait for you out here..." I stated.

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri May 27, 2011 7:02 pm

I ignored his movements as he pushed past me, outside. I looked to the few more people that were in the shop, nodding lightly as I pulled a few steps toward the rest of the tables. I pulled the cups from the table, the checks that were signed hooked onto my pants as I thought of how much I didn't really want to go outside. I put the cups in the sink that would wash themselves on their own. I turned as all of the people started to leave.

I cut off the power before starting to the door, locking it and walking outside to look around.

Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Fri May 27, 2011 7:12 pm

ooc: Lol..no hard feelings Faith. Jeez haha ;P

bic: She ignores me surprisingly. Most humanoids don't react that way. I sighed and waited until she came out.
    I watched her shortly before looking off to a thing plume of black smoke. "I would have to assume it was in that direction..." I say, simrking a bit at my good use of human sarcasm.

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri May 27, 2011 7:16 pm

I pulled the cloak over my bare shoulders, covering my body with the dark cloak. I shook my head as I looked up, a smirk on my lips.

"I would assume as much. Shall we?" This was deffinatly against my usual boudaries. I didn't know exactly what was going to happen. I didn't want to find somethign that might get us into trouble. I usually didn't step out of the bookstore, so all this seemed a little too new.

Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It on Fri May 27, 2011 10:11 pm

OOC- I really did miss a lot.. Holy crap.

BIC-

After a good 10 minute walk down narrowed, beaten trails leading off the main path I finally heard something other than the pebbles and stones moving around under my feet. I’d chosen to get off the main path a couple minutes back, and go in a more isolated ruit just incase whoever was involved in whatever happened, wasn’t too friendly. Now, I could hear a conversation going on about 20 feet away between what sounded like to be several men. Through the thick vegetation, I could faintly see their upper torsos, but not their faces. They were certainly dressed.. Differently, seeing as all I could make out was the shine of a black material against the sun. God knows what it is. ‘But hey! I haven’t even been i..’ Was that..? Maybe..? The voice sounded extremely familiar, but I was too far away to even take an educated guess. But, it was familiar, so sometime from town was caring to whoever had shown up, since the other voices were just blurs as to who they belonged to. Well, I walked all this way for nothing. I did want to tell the town that there were others coming, or at least there are others in the area before they got there. Just a heads up that some strangers are popping by.. Some get very unsettled by it, so it’d be better to alert them.

I crouched down a bit, incase when I turned around they got a glimpse though the vegetation, as I did them. The blue skin – Doesn’t really blend in with the green that well. Once I got onto a trail that lead slightly away from the main path I stood back up, carried my dress up a couple inches from the ground and sped back to the town. Hopefully I could beat them, assuming they were on foot. The trails were more winding, so if they walked without haste, I could beat them by a strong five minutes.
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Sat May 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Danny looked back confused. He was sure he'd given them his name, but he didn't bother to argue. It would cause unneeded tension... possibly. They already seemed on edge. "Oh well, the name's Daniel, but most just call me Danny."

They continued to move along the trail, getting closer to the edge of the farm. "Just a few minutes away from the farm." He informed the men. Danny looked back and watched the two for a moment before looking on forward. "Your friend seems awfully edgy. You sure you guys are okay?" he asked, referring to the one who barely even spoke.

Danny:

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway.

So...
    be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
    you're off to Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Sat May 28, 2011 1:38 pm

ooc: Yeah, sorry Danny...forgotted. XD

Ic:

Murdoch glances at Jordan. Jordan has always had trust issues with strangers, even before Murdoch knew him; his psyche profile said as much, but it didn't say why. There's only so much you can learn from a profile because in the end, it's all just words and categorisations; you don't have any idea how those traits and idiosyncrasies combine to make a person, or how they may manifest. you have to know a person, and Jordan isn't what Murdoch calls simple; quite the opposite in fact. He never found out why Jordan mistrusts people so easily, and truth be told he's never asked; Jordan will tell him when he's good and ready.

So he just looks at the man atop the horse and shrugs slightly, his armour clinking quietly. "He has...trust issues. Of course, I'm not sure I trust you yet either, but we're going to have to take the risk sooner or later. I warn you, however," he gestures pointedly at his gun, "We're no easy targets."

Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Sat May 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Danny chuckled at the males. "Easy targets? You sound as if we shot down your ship and I'm leading you guys into a death trap."There was a short pause before anyone spoke.

Danny didn't know why, but he seemed to like the fellows. Well, the one that spoke anyway. Of course he didn't know him well enough to fully make the decision, but for now, he was as good a stranger as any. And awfully polite when taking into account they just crashed. "We shouldn't be to far right. Just a bit away really."

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Sun May 29, 2011 3:18 pm

ooc: this will be my last reply until some more people actually come back...If this dies after all the "let's finish it!" I will officially give up on joining or starting new RP's. I'll keep up the ones I am in ATM, but besides that...? Nope.

Ic:

Murdoch shoots the man a pointed glare; that is not the kind of thing to joke about, especially with Jordan around, and especially not after some of the landings they've had. Whilst he doubts the farmer could be much of a threat in his current state, he isn't going to gamble on it; things aren't always as they appear, and there are many species in the universe that appear human and yet are far more dangerous...this man could be one of them. They'll tread lightly, and put a bullet in him if it turns out to be a trick.
    Murdoch says nothing for a moment, then inclines his head slightly. "Well, let's meet the neighbours..." he mutters.

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Sun May 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Ooc: well I'm not leaving this thing, not after all the hype.

Bic: Jordan was not pleased by this mans joke, it could be taken the wrong way if he was more on edge. He would be watching this man, one false move and he's getting a sword through the gut.

"look, you seem like a nice guy and all, but that's not the first thing I would joke about when meeting two crash-landed soldiers in the middle of the woods."

Post by Guest on Sun May 29, 2011 6:03 pm

OOc I am waiting for jade.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Sun May 29, 2011 6:19 pm

ooc- As I am waiting for Brandon...

Burn It
    The Terminator
    The Terminator

Post by Burn It on Sun May 29, 2011 7:40 pm

OOC- And no one’s waiting on me Very Happy

BIC-

“There are people are on their way here.” I whispered to my Mother, panting it out as I did. I had luckily made it back to town with time to spare. Although, it did seem like I was missing something with people rushing around, and all appearing to be talking about the same thing. My luck that something interesting happens the one day I’m not here.
    “Who?” She asked, putting the fruit she had in her hand down onto the table in front of her.
    “I don’t know? But someone from the village is leading them here right now. I couldn’t hear why, but it sounded like a peaceful enough conversation.” I whispered that too, because when I got to tell others that we had strangers coming, I wanted to tell them individually. The town had experiences with panic going wrong before.. It didn’t end well.
    “Maybe they’re here to warn us about the meteor.” I titled my head, giving her a confused look that she recognized instantly. “You weren’t here.. Well, the majority of the town saw an object plummet by towards the ground in that direction.” She pointed to the direction where I’d just come from. It would explain that they need to come here, and it explains the thick smoke smell I smelt earlier. A.. Ship? Here?
    “I doubt it was a meteor, Mom. But anyways, we should get to tell people so they’re not too distraught.”
    “No, your Father and I will handle it. You wait; it’s not worth getting all worked up about until we know what they want, and what they bring. Understood?”
    No, but me walking away after she finished would tell her that I did. Anyone being here under the circumstances of seeing something fall from the sky was unpredictable, and therefore dangerous. I would stay around the people and shops that were closest to where that path would hit town, so I could see just who was being brought here. Greet our guests, be polite.. All that jazz..
    Brandon
    Brandy Maxy
    Brandy Maxy

Post by Brandon on Mon May 30, 2011 12:47 am

ooc: I will be wroking at a camp all summer. so continue like im not here. I'll join back later. Or you can kill me first/NPC control me idc lol

We are not animals!
    LYCANS!
    Jade Hawk
    Founder
    Founder

Post by Jade Hawk on Mon May 30, 2011 12:55 am

Ooc: Sorry, I have weekends off, remember? Back now.

Bic: "SH*T! Ouch!" Shock pierced through Klaire, and she jumped, bashing her head against the underside of the monitor. Sliding out from underneath, she rubbed her head and stared dizzily at whomever had just entered the room. "Sorry, I was using the circuit compresser to rewire your monitor. Hardware. Didn't want you losing your files on your harddrive. There have been recent complaints. You know, you really should back up your files." Her vision slowly returned to its original state so she could focus on who she was talking to. "And politeness costs nothing" She straightened her shirt while had crumpled as she lay on the floor.

Running wolf
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Mon May 30, 2011 6:52 am

Danny turned around a moment starring at the man who had just spoken. Pleasant as always, but in truth, it was a valid point. Danny almost regretted saying it, since he didn't really know what that could mean. He was just a farmer after all.

"Sorry," he said before dismounting his horse. "The farm is just up over this little hill," Danny pointed out. "I'm sure there'll be the colony people waiting there in exception. A few of them will be there to bring you to the main colony, which I'm sure you guys want to go? Sorry if they're a bit...." Danny trailed off to think of a word before stopping and looking at the two. "Just not much happens around these parts." He smiled at them before leading both the men and his horse over the little hill and towards the towns people.

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Mon May 30, 2011 8:00 am

They crest the hill slowly, and soon the mans farm becomes visible, stretching off for a short way before giving way to yet more trees and beyond a short stretch, the colony proper. The road that they're on winds through the farm, where Murdoch can see several colonists working the fields. Far to the right, just off of the farmland, sits a house that Murdoch can only assume belongs to the man on the horse. The sight of so much land and so many farmers makes Murdochs fingers itch...if this is a trap, it isn't going to be pretty...

But he forces a small smile. "Let's go, then. The sooner we get to the colony, the sooner we get our ship fixed."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 pm