2015!

The Creation (Suck Title) [Reserved for Adolpho when he gets online]

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

The Creation (Suck Title) [Reserved for Adolpho when he gets online]

Post by Faith Wynters on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Credits to : Faithy-Pie

This poor girl, this poor thing... What had you created? It was defiantly, something to keep your eyes away. Something that no one cared about, accept the few that had created her. Even some of them hated her though. They all wanted what they couldn’t have, and after awhile greed got to them.

“She, project 60472, was one of the first that lived, and thought, and worked in unity with itself. We felt she was safe enough, and at some times, her intelligence was astounding. We wondered where she came up with some of the things that she had spoken of. The bodies that we took the parts from didn’t seem to be anything of significance. There was war, and death lined the ditches on the side of the road.

She is, although, very slow at walking, and easily tricked into believing lies, she is one who can also be very dangerous.

She was fine until she began thinking more and more with the intelligent pieces of her brain. Asking questions like ‘Why are you chaining me to the wall’ and ‘why can’t I go to this place you call outside’ made us wonder if she would try to break free.

We thought low of her, and although she is a simple creature in nature, she is complex in building. She is complex in weakness.

She did break free, and her desire for food (We were ordered not to feed her anything that might react strangely. She was affixed with meats and vegetables, but mostly meat since she enjoyed it more) mixed with her emotions, creating a subject which bit a man’s leg off in only a few bites.

Now, we are unsure where she is. Killing many of our subjects, and scientist which we had put great investment in made our employers take notice.

They would like her, captured, alive. They feel she can be used for [File Blank]”

You, are the man responsible for bringing this creature back to her home safe and sound. You are getting paid quite a sum of money for such a job, but she is quiet intelligent, and would sell a great deal on the underground circuit.

You have not planned out your intentions yet, but this will not be easy. With each passing day, her body becomes more able to walk, to run, and although her speech is still shaky, it grows better too.

Her words sometimes captivate you in a way that you’ve known no other to do. You’re heartless, and grew up in such a way that people didn’t matter. That’s why they hired you. You would kill for your target, even though she is conscientiously objecting to going, and sometimes she runs.

They never said you couldn’t hurt her; you could just never kill her. Sometimes, you find that hard, but you refrain.

From here on out is all up to the imagination. Tasers, guns, knives, a care bear. Use whatever you need, whatever is on hand in a ruined city. Remember, you’re not the only one after her so search with passion…

Adolpho

Re: The Creation (Suck Title) [Reserved for Adolpho when he gets online]

Post by Adolpho on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Found it! Bio making time. Very Happy
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Yay :3 Okie Very Happy

Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Bio:

Birthname: Bruce
    U.R.O. Codename: Saint

Physical Appearance-
    Eyes:Faded yellow, tiny pupils
    Hair: Dark brown, almost black; just shy of shoulder length
    Height:6'2"
    Weight:197lbs
    Skin color: Pale white
    Tattoo: The Latin words "ultima ratio" are branded into his left forearm. "Ultima Ratio" meaning 'the last resort to settle an argument' which is referring to force. It is also the name of his 'clan'.
    Body Type: Slim, muscle bound. Rigid Jaw. Clean shaven.
    Clothing:Changes constantly when on a mission, but nothing attention grabbing.
    Personal Attributes: Has an incredibly strong will; able to survive for long periods of time on minimal food and water and still maintain his combat skills. Is fully trained in all forums of hand-to-hand combat, and is able to use almost any long range weaponry with pinpoint accuracy. Has more control over his body than most people would say was humanly possible. Has trained himself to decrease his breathing rate, and can even force himself into a comatose state to preserve energy if needed. Can also control his emotions completely (except in one instance), and shut them off when needed in order to fulfill the requirements of a mission. Is able to withstand extremely high levels of pain (standard for any agent in the URO).

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:23 pm

The darkness filled the trees. Everywhere you could hear the movements of nightlife filling the air. I giggled as I kicked my feet back and forth. It had taken me an hour just to get into this tree, and no one would get me out of it to save the world.

I looked up at the moon, the small dots around it shining brightly in the night sky. It illuminated the entire forest, giving it a nice, silver glow. Everything was new. I had never seen any of these things before. Those damn scientists made sure of that. Poking me and prodding me every moment of everyday I was there. One of them always glared at me, and the rest of them stared at me with a strange admiration that seemed almost as if I were the little and women I used to take pictures of.

No…That wasn’t me…Used to..A small part of my brain…but not me. I shook my head, opening my eyes to see the bright silver of the moon once more. I couldn’t help that the scientist put a rapist in my head. I couldn’t help that a little girl was sacrificed for my being. It wasn’t my fault there was war…

I heard my stomach, growling as loud as I had ever heard it. I hadn’t been fast enough to catch anything accept the crow that had crossed my paths the day before. I didn’t come across anything. I didn’t know why I was hungry all the time, I just knew that if I didn’t eat, I would go on a famous rampage and eat anyone that I came in contact with.

I smiled, looking down at the dirt below me. This was the only forest I had come across in my days of traveling, so it had to have been filled with life. I pondered how I was going to get down. I shook my head, looking at the branches that I had used to get up here.

“I hate Skirts” I muttered the words as I turned clumsily on the branch that I hoped would hold my moving weight. The branch shook, and there was a loud cracking sound, and the branch was no longer below me.

There was a crack as I hit the ground, and I groaned. It was the popping of joints, not the breaking of bones, which was good. This was great. I groaned, shaking my head as I tried to pry myself from off the ground. I sighed, energy left from my body with the fall, so I just lay there, in the dirt, getting my dress all dirty.

Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:56 am

I sat on a small chair which was fixated in the center of the room. The room was quite large, about 1000 square feet, and almost completely empty. Except for the chair, my chair. There was no light in the room, so it didn't really matter if my eyes were open or closed. This was to heighten my other senses, thus heightening my fear. In theory of course, as fear was just as easy to shut off as happiness or anger were. It had been 12 minutes of nothing, I had been counting. I heard a hissing sound, very faint, I probably couldn't even of heard it if the room was light. Poison gas. At the rate it was being projected from the walls, and the 50 foot distance it had to travel to reach me, I knew I had at least 20 seconds before it reached me. One breath would be fatal. I counted: 1, 2... 18, at 18 I took a large breath in. The breath lasted a second and a half. Within the next second the gas reached me, confirming my suspicions. It was warm. I held my breath and started shutting off any parts of my brain that were unnecessary. Within 3 seconds my focus was solely on the warmth of the gas against my skin. Complete calm. After 4 minutes I had to resist the urge to pass out. Passing out would cause my body to resume breathing, which would kill me. I wouldn't pass out as long as I could continue using at least one hemisphere of my brain. So I turned my focus to a memory of Amy, a simple memory that wouldn't require to much thought. She was on a tire swing, as we were both kids. Emotion's flooded in, but I quickly shut them out. 4 minutes and 30. They wouldn't hold the poison gas much longer to avoid brain damage. Generally brain damage would occur after 4 minutes, but I could go for 5, if I brought oxygen out of my body reserves. It hurt, a lot. I could feel lactic acid building up in my arms and legs. They began to cramp up. Then I heard the powerful suction of a vacuum. I should be able to breath in 10 seconds. I counted. The first breath tasted sweet and I was forced to expel all the air in my lungs. One second to early. I blacked out, and fell off my chair. Breathing resumed.

The lights turned on. I woke up, slightly ashamed that I hadn't finished my challenge strong. When I did only two items, aside from my chair, were in the room. This part was standard to every testing. There was a steel cup, and a weapon. The idea being not only to test pain tolerance, but to test the will. Anyone could shut off pain if it were being delivered by an outside force, but it took a strong will to bring pain to yourself. The objective was simple, fill the cup with your own blood. My weapon was a lead pipe. Crude, blunt. There were a few rules, no bleeding from the arms, or face, in order to keep them perfect for missions. Any other wounds were fine as they could be easily hidden. I brought the pipe down hard against the back of my right calf. Every time this grew easier to do, I just had to imagine that my leg was actually not a part of me. I disembodied myself from it, and began beating it mercilessly, like it was one of my many victims. Soon, I was able to squeeze enough blood out of my beaten calf that I filled the cup. I limped to the only door in the room and it opened for me.

Amy sat by a control box, looking at the cue card in her hand: 4 minutes of bertholite, followed by the usual bleeding. Her chair faced a screen which showed an heat scan of Saint's room. She typed into the keyboard in front of her and the gas was released as soon as she clicked Enter. She didn't fear this part, she knew Bruce could hold his breath. After 3 minutes had been up Carl walked into the room. "We have an assignment for Saint. How much longer does he have in there?"

"He's on his last test," She spoke softly, as if she didn't want Bruce to hear her, "In a minute he will be on bleeding."

"Good. Have him showered, dressed and fed afterwords. Then bring him to my office by 13:00." With that he walked away.

Amy looked at the timer, four minutes and twenty-five seconds. "O CRAP!" She typed frantically until the gas began sucking back into the chambers. She watched Bruces outline hit the floor. Her heart fell. Did she kill him? This was all Carl's faul... He got up, she quickly flicked on the lights. This next part she couldn't watch. Her screen turned into a one-way window were she was suppose to watch and document how he preformed. She would just ask him to fill it out for her when he got out. He could easily fake her writing, and he knew she couldn't watch this. If anyone else were hurting him this much, she would kill them, plain and simple. But it was Carl who implemented the bleeding test, and one day she would kill him. Just not yet.

Last edited by Adolpho on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammer was TERRIBLE before)
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Another deep breath as I looked up to the darkened sky. I felt the feeling coming back to my back. I giggled, shaking lightly from my place on the ground. Another memory I had of my place outside. I shivered, looking over to the branch of the tree that had fallen with me. I cursed it quietly, a smirk on my lips.

I rose quietly, looking around in the darkness. It was rather hard to see, but I didn’t mind. I smiled quietly, looking around as I enjoyed my freedom. I coughed quietly, before sneezing from the dirt that had risen up into the air. How I could still sneeze and cough when I usually didn’t breathe, I didn’t know. I looked down, to see my chest rising and falling lightly. I shrieked, starting to dance around the large branch that still lay on the ground. I stumbled, but kept my balance. I was breathing, without thought. A more human quality I never knew that I was supposed to get. No one ever told me about it.

I tried to do an En Pointe, something I didn’t know I could do. Of course, I couldn’t. I did, for a few moments at least, before the seam where the skin connected my calf and my foot and come undone, and it fell off, making me come crashing back to the ground. I grunted as I hit the ground, but I turned over quickly, looking at the damage. I sighed, it hadn’t completely fall off, so it was an easy fix. I coughed, looking for the small pocket in my dress so I could fix myself up. I was smart enough to at least grab my thread and needle while I was running from the gunshots and needles that were coming at me. I shook my head, leaning forward as I drew the thick, semi-metal thread that would keep me moving. I looked it over a moment before threading the needle before puncturing my skin once, twice, three, four… On and on until the seam was fixed. I shook my head, closing my eyes as I tied off the thread still on the spool.

I turned over, onto my stomach, before pushing myself up, and back onto my feet. I didn’t feel the pain of the needle anymore, hell, I had so many holes it wasn’t even funny. I shook my head, looking over the quiet forest once more. I had forgotten about my breathing once again, so the excitement was gone. I started walking. Without a thought, without a feeling, and before I knew it, the small patch of trees I was in, was gone, and I was walking on the same red clay dirt that I had fallen into.

“This is ridiculous” I muttered quietly, walking through the cool night, listening to the sounds of the birds and bugs, my stomach growling at the thought.

“God I’m hungry” I moaned, shaking lightly

Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:45 am

Arrrgggg! I nearly finished my posted, then I lost the whole thing when I closed my web browser. =/ Time for a re-write.
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:37 am

I hobbled through the open door. Amy sat on her swiveling office chair in front of the control box. She stood up and met me with a hug. "You did good today," she said it calmly, her voice completely betrayed the fact that she had nearly killed me in there. Not that I minded, I didn't blame her for my passing out. I mis-counted, a mistake that would just as easily get me killed out in the field. "Bossman has an assignment for you. He wants you cleaned up and fed now, he'll debrief you at 13:00." I leaned over her and grabbed her log book. She left the last section blank, again. I began filling it out without even thinking, automatically using her handwriting. "Patient showed competence in possessing complete control over body and mind. The procedure took exactly 6 minutes and thirty seconds and the full 8 fluid ounces were obtained." That would be adequate for now.

I set the book back down on her desk and rose to leave. Amy stood up aswell. She was almost 6 inches shorter than me; the top of her head came to about my nose. I leaned in and kissed her forehead. "Thanks Amy." Turning around, I climbed the stairs to the main floor.

The main floor actually had windows, it was the first natural light I had seen in a week. Generally the physical testing will last for two weeks, with a one week recovery period. The only way to get pulled from the dungeon early is to get put on an assignment. The 'tests' go for 10 hours a day, and you sleep for the other 14. Most of the tests are just enduring different forums of torture, but there are strength and fitness challenges as well. For the two week period in the dungeon you aren't given any food, so it's nessisary to try and sleep for as much of the 14 hours as you can, to conserve energy. Hunger is on of the easiest pains to overcome, but our bodies still need food, expecially on the strength challenges. Even after a week I could feel that my body was a little week from the lack of food.

When I got to my cell I popped open my fridge. I drank 3 liters of water. I grabbed two heads of lettuce, and ate them both whole. For carbs, I pulled out 3 loaves of whole wheat bread and forced them down plain. To finish off I ate a full block of cheese. A weeks worth of food. I pulled off all my clothes and stepped into the shower when I saw my leg was still bleeding. I had forgotten about that after shutting out the pain. The water would do it good to clean it up. I let the hot water soak into my skin. Three hours until debreifing.
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:52 am

Geez re-writes are never as good. Oh well, what can you do. Oh ya, and I edited my first post, so if didn't make sense the first time, it might be better now.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:19 am

ooc- I must apologize before I post about the repition of the qod 'Quietly' in my previous post. I reread it just now and that word is simply beaten with a dead stick. I must've been on autopilot for most of the first part because I wouldn't have done that if I had been in my right mind. It annoyed me, so I'm assuming it annoyed you D: Sorry!
    Bic

I kept breathing, in and out, in and out, faster and slower. I couldn’t stop myself, I wasn’t thinking about why I was, just that I was. I couldn’t wait to tell someone about this, but who would I tell. Once I pondered over the question, my feet being dusted over with dirt, I realized that I had no one. I couldn’t trust anyone out here, and no one was going to help me. This was me, and only me. It’s not like those silly doctors cared. They hadn’t studied me night and day for a month to ask how I was feeling. They didn’t put needles in my skin to see if I was feeling any better. They didn’t care.

I sighed, lightly at the thought. The feeling of no one caring for you in a world that I had no idea how large it was, seemed to grow heavier and heavier by the moment. Friends, Were a normal human concept. What a delightful human concept they were too. I wanted friends, but I had none. I grunted lightly as I looked up to the sky once more. I grew tired to looking into darkness so I looked to the ground as I walked, stumbling over a rock that I had clearly seen. My reaction time slowed down a bit during certain times, the times when I should have been sleeping. Damn those scientists. Why couldn’t they research me enough to have sleep built in? They saw it too. They knew that my body yearned for sleep. Of course, I didn’t even know how.

I came to a stop, my surroundings having not changed for quite some time, to look into the distance. There were a few trees, but much more. Large buildings, that from here, looked as if they may be vacant. Maybe it was an old city long forgotten by everyone. I shrugged, sitting in the dirt, watching the flatland that made up the…Earth? Was that what it was called? I had only heard the name once, so I wasn’t exactly sure. Maybe it was. I grabbed a stick from the ground, looking it over a moment before I began to draw in the terrain under me. I coughed, as dust rose from my activities. I looked it over. I giggled; I was apparently a really good artist. I thanked Koda, the baker part of my mind, for being so talented. Her skills with drawing animals weren’t as good as her simple flowers and swirls. For when I went to draw a duck, it came out looking like a giraffe. How I knew what a Giraffe was I didn’t know, but I could almost picture them in my mind. Maybe that was the First Grader, Jacey, coming in with her 6 year old talent. I giggled as I thought about it. All these people making up me. All these things I can do, are because of people that are long past.

“Thanks Guys” I spoke aloud, a smile on my lips as I looked to the sky once more.

Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Posting tonight. Very Happy Hopefully >.<
    Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Three hours was too long to sit around and wait, so I crashed on my bed, setting an alarm for 12:30. Sleep didn't come as soon as I expected. Normally I could fall asleep on command, problem was, I had begun thinking about Amy. She was my Achilles heal. I couldn't shut off my emotions and my mind was racing. Frustrated, I held my breath until I passed out.

I woke up 20 seconds before my alarm. As per habit. In 20 seconds an agent could turn off the alarm and get both of their bed guns fully loaded. Very few times did the alarm I set actually sound. I turned off the alarm but left the guns that were strapped to the side of my bed in their home. They would hopefully be un-necessary for this meeting with Carl. Although you never know with Carl. The thought scared me, I pulled my favorite pistol out of my drawer and loaded it without cocking it. I shoved it down the back of my jeans and let the cool steel barrel run against my back. I concealed the gun with my shirt, and headed off for Carl's office.

Carl sat at his desk. A stuffed grey file fold sat at a 45 degree angle to his desk. Carl tried to look casual to cover his OCD, but I would not but surprised if he measured out that angle with his protractor. I saw in his eyes it was bothering him anyways. I sat down at the opposite end of the desk and Carl turned the file folder so that it faced him. Perfectly straight. "I'm going to be brief, I trust that's okay. Everything is in this file anyways: Target's age, name, location, favorite bed-time story," he paused, "anything you need to know about her." I twinged, I hated having to kill women. It seemed wrong, even assassins have morals. "A couple things I want to emphasize, this isn't a red mission, subject is to be returned to us with minimal harm done; alive." Carl must have seen my blank stare. "The subject is believed to have the potential to be dangerous. Although she has not been known to be violent in the past, however she does seem to be... evolving... over time. Oh yes right, and she's not technically human either."

I nearly stood up and walked away right there, "Is this some kind of joke? I don't find it to be all that funny."

"Neither do I Saint. Now please, just read the file. If you don't want to take the job, we'll give it to Drake, and you'll finish your second week of conditioning." I grabbed the file off his desk and left without another word. "You have 20 minutes to decide," Carl called after me, "if you haven't returned the file to reception by then, we'll assume you went Rogue."
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:16 am

Then I stood, looking around a moment before taking the large about of time dusting off my dress. It was an easy movement. Grab the Hem. Pull the Hem out. Swipe at the material. Rinse and repeat. But it did take forever. I giggled as I looked at my dress. It looked dirty, but the red of the dirt didn’t show through. I was happiest for that.

I had finished with my tedious workings on my dress. Now it was off, to the large city that awaited me. I couldn’t help my sway back and forth as I walked, my pace quickening as my promise of new scenery grew nearer. I giggled, shaking lightly as I walked faster. The pavement was calling my name. The heat from above almost did the job of warming my cold skin, but the sun failed. Close, but not close enough.I assumed I was too busy wanting to get there to notice the dead silence that filled the city. I didn’t notice the lack of people, electricity, or feelings and emotions here.

My first step on concrete, made me smile. It was a new feeling, so smooth, and hot, and hard all at the same time. I graced my feet across the rock beneath me. Tan? Was that the name of such a color? I shrugged, I could ask someone later. If I had this wherever I was later. I was going to see the world, and damned if I didn’t see it all. I scolded myself, quietly for thinking of such a bad word.

“Little Girls don’t use naughty words” I spoke, stamping my foot on the ground. I then realized what I had said. I wasn’t a little girl! I could use bad words if I wanted to! I wasn’t going to let one side of my mind control me. Of course, this was another set of my minds talking at once, and I shook my head. It was all really confusing when you thought about it in the nitty-gritty, but somehow it all worked itself out. I both stopped thinking about it altogether and forced myself to think as one person again, or I would simply confuse myself and go blank for a few moments.

Thoughts like those made me giggle, and they seemed to bounce off the walls of the large buildings as I walked by. I didn’t know why. I did realized, by this time at least, that I was the only person here, and my voice was the loudest one at the time. So I didn’t talk. I simply looked at all the things that were around me. Papers flying in the wind down the street. I deep blue minivan abandoned at a gas station. Broken windows lining the shops. The blood that seemed to be splattered across one of the tan walls of an office building. A police car, easily being seen as fired upon by some sort of buckshot.

I shook my head, horror striking my body. What had happened here? What world had my bodies come from? Why were they all dead? I now asked myself these questions. They were all questions I hadn’t thought about before. The scientists always assured me my body parts died of natural causes, but then why were they using these for making me? I shook my head. Had some of the people come from cities like this? Ones that were shot up and torn down slowly wall by wall by someone who I didn’t even know existed? Why was I so blind? How could I be so naïve to how cruel the world might have been around me? And I was there, in the middle of it.

I stumbled forward, kicking some sort of can a few feet in front of me, making me jump. I was breathing now, heavily as the thoughts in my head buzzed around as if I were attacking a swarm of wasps with a broom. I sighed, closing my eyes. I had to think simple thoughts, or I might shut down.

They had done that back at the lab once. They talked about something so complex; just to see what would happen when my brain overworked itself. Of course, they got a reaction, but it gave them quite a scare. I collapsed in my place, and didn’t wake up for a few hours. When I finally awoke, they had me on so many monitors and machines it wasn’t even funny. They were so worried. I wasn’t sure exactly what’ve happened if I wasn’t on the machines, so I tried not to think too incredibly hard about any one topic unless it was slow going, and I didn’t have a surprise somewhere in the mix.

Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:36 pm

20 minutes was more than enough time to decide. I skimmed over the case, it seemed peculiar, as my conversation with Carl suggested it would, but by no means did it seem difficult. I simple had to bring a girl who wasn't even a fully functioning human into custody. Not exactly a mission for a URO agent. There was a little twist however. She was created through some sciences that little research had been done on, so they were unsure of exactly what she was capable of. In all honesty I doubted she was capable of hocking a loogie at me, let alone be able to single-handedly pose any sort of a threat. The scientists probably just came to us because they didn't want the public to know about their inhuman practices. Not that there was a lot of "public" these days from what I heard. I filled out a few forums that had been placed in the file folder. Paper work had never been my forte, mostly because I got confused as to which of my identities was the 'real' one. I got so in to character on some of the more in-depth assignments that I would forget my real identity sometimes. But that wasn't the case right now as I hadn't been on a good mission in several months now. Which is probably why I was so eager to accept this one, despite it's child-like simplicity. Beggars couldn't be choosers. I stared at the final line:

"________ agrees to comply to the following demands to the best of his/her ability even in the face of all adversary, including death itself. Failure to complete any of the above will result in the agents removal from the Ultima Ratio Organization, followed by torture if necessary, and then death."

"Or I could stay here, and be tortured until I die anyways," I thought to myself. I shook my pen for good measure before signing the forum; Saint. I took the forum and proudly placed it on the reception desk. Thus keeping my perfect average; zero rejected assignments.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:53 am

My eyes opened quietly as I had been lost in thought. I shook my head, taking a deep breath. I began to walk, one foot in front of the other. Left, right, left, right, over and over again as I stumbled toward down the street. I coughed, taking in a deep breath before releasing. I was calming myself down. Repetition calmed me down. I could think that way. It wasn’t too complex, and it wasn’t too hard to recognized.

I shook my head, turning the corner. It was weird not having any people around. Even though I didn’t know what it was like to be in a large city like this, I knew it wasn’t right for it to be empty. Something about it just felt…wrong. So off that even I noticed, and that was something to ogle at.

I took in a deep breath, closing my eyes another moment. I was thinking again, and it made me slightly dizzy.

I then I heard it. The sound as if two hard objects had struck each other. It was as if a can had scrapped the pavement below me. I shook my head, beginning to limp faster, my joints popping as I tried to hurry along. I coughed, shaking from head to foot.

I was tired, my body was giving out. I walked around a moment before cutting into a dark alleyway. I stumbled, shaking slightly before my knees gave out, and I, luckily, landed on a bag filled with something. It was black, and made out of plastic, but I didn’t know what it had contained.
    Had I over-exerted myself, trying to find the noise, or was my body finally so tired I-

I was out like a light. The first time I had ever fallen asleep. Well it was a semi-dazed sleep, but it was what thought was sleep. If it wasn’t, I didn’t know what sleep was. I was resting, not thinking, unable to move my body, and it felt…good. Unlike all those other times when they had knocked me out. They were cold, and harsh. This one wasn’t.

Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Ooc: Thought I posted on this already. >.<

BIC

Before I knew it I was back in Carl's office. Despite having just read the case file he felt the need to debrief me.

"You have 4 days to infiltrate the area, set up, kill the target, clean up, and move out." Fairly standard so far, the excitement was starting to kick in that I was finally on another mission but I kept it at bay. Nobody gets excited for assassination missions; that's unprofessional. Boss-man continued talking so I tried my best not to tune him out, "...due to the uniqueness of the area the FBI have buckled down on security. Nobody is allowed in or out of the area unless they are considered a permanent resident. The entire area is complete lock-down and any and all vehicles traveling into the area are searched, with all foreigners shot and killed on sight. Due to the restricted access we will be shipping you in as a dead body. We have people on the inside who will pick you up, and euthanize you. Once inside we will be bringing you into one of our private hospital facilities to shock you back to life. If everything goes according to plan you will be dead for 4 minutes and 33 seconds. That is assuming there is no problems at customs." Carl paused at this sentence to through in an evil smile. It sent a slight shiver down my back but I regained my composure. He continued, "Once inside you will be unable to have direct contact with us seeing as all communications will be traced. However you will be in cahoots with an inside man who will relay all the necessary information to you on your target." Carl paused again, this time as if to think if there were anything important he forgot to say. After a moment he seemed satisfied and closed the file on his desk. He looked up, "Obviously due the risk of your capture we will be clearing your entire memory. In it's place we will give you only one statement which you will know is truth, 'Trust the watchman.' Everything else you know of your pathetic excuse for a life will be wiped clean." It almost sounded satisfying to forget the torture here, but my mind shot to Amy. How could they make me forget her? I'd have to tell her before I left. Carl spoke one last time, "You leave tomorrow at 06:00, any questions?" I had so many questions, but none of them I could ask Boss-man. Not without receiving punishment for showing incompetence.

"No," I responded. I had to see Amy before tomorrow.

Fin!
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

ooc- Sorry didn't see the edit.
    bic
    I couldn’t move, and at one time, I could actually hear everything around me. This wasn’t sleep. T was as if I had been shot with electricity like the scientist had done. It wasn’t uncommon for them to test my intelligence like I was a rat, shocking me if I didn’t answer correctly. I didn’t see why they did such things. Weren’t they afraid it would stop my heart, and they wouldn’t be able to get it back to pumping again?
    Of course, I was only the fourth one created, and they could always make more. I think the fact that I was so complex is why they tried to keep me under wraps. It’s why they tried to protect me. No one was going to come after me though. At least I was pretty sure they wouldn’t come after me. Like they had said before, I was expendable. I was just another little science experiment that was going to be killed once they had done whatever they needed me for in the first place.
    I couldn’t believe the silence didn’t drive me mad though. I didn’t know how long I was out, on the black bag made out of plastic. I couldn’t feel, and I wasn’t exactly sure if I could hear. Everything was quiet. My breathing was soft and deep, like the calculated movements of the people that kept me under their wing.
    I didn’t know how long it had been, but it was dark outside. I couldn’t see anything. The alleyway I had fallen into, face first. I had apparently slid off the dark bag sometime during what I was going to call my sleep.
    I didn’t know what time it was, or how I was going to find out. The sun could have just set, or it could be dawn. I grunted as I tried to force myself to my feet. It was harder than it looked. My joints had stiffened in the time I hadn’t been moving, and so just standing up was a task. I felt everything, Well, as much as I had ever felt anything, which meant only a numbing pinprick. It was more annoying than anything.

I shook, taking in a deep breath as I got to my knees. That’s as far as I had ever gotten. Every time I tried to stand, the pinpricks would come back and I would fall again, onto the hard ground. I was afraid to scrape my knees. It wouldn’t do like a normal human. The whole skin graph that was there would pull completely off at the seams.

I had to do it whether I liked it or not. I rolled over on my stomach, crawling onto the same bag. That thing had been like a little angel. Saving me from hitting my head, keeping my back from completely tensing up, and helping me to my feet. I nodded, clawing at the bag, I pushed myself up. I heard everything it seemed to pop and crack as I stumbled to my feet.

My lips curved into a smile as I looked up at the sky. I sighed quietly, shaking my head. Where was I going again? Oh yeah. Seeing the world.

Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:18 pm

ooc: K lets give this a go. =)

BIC:

The day seemed to rush by. My things were packed for me, as I was given a final competency test for the mission. What happened if I failed it? It's not like they would pull me out of the mission now. I chuckled at the thought. The test was remarkably easy for me. I knew that my IQ was considered exceptionally higher than most 'regulars'. They made me take my Intelligence quotient once, and although they wouldn't tell me my result, they seemed to be satisfied with it. Anyone below a 145 wasn't allowed to stay, so I knew that I had that beat. Next there was conditioning. I had to spend 14 hours in the extremities-room which fluctuated between super hot and freezing, trying to prepare my body. Then 3 hours in the water tank to relax myself for shipping. I quickly realized that they weren't going to let me see Amy. I felt a ping of anger, but I repressed it as usual. Sometimes I wished I could feel emotions for longer. I was about to lose all of the memories of the love of my life and I couldn't bring myself to care about it. I noted how remarkable my emotion-training was.

I slept through most of the hot/cold room, and the tank flew by as usual. They always go easy on you before a mission for some reason. By feel I don't think the room ever went lower than -100˚ in Fahrenheit. By records I can do -122 without any of my body systems shutting off if I will them to stay on. For temperatures that cold I have to stay awake so I can control my body better.

They told me that I was going to be memory wiped before I died. They couldn't exactly bring their tools into the site. So when I 'woke up' I'd be a new man. Complete with all of my instincts but only a single truth. The words 'trust the watchman' rang through my head over and over. Something Ally called permanent engravement. This one memory had to outlast the mind-wipe. If it didn't they probably wouldn't be able to make me believe it afterwords. It's easier to take a memory out than put it in apparently. If I forgot it, they would probably kill me, seeing as I'd be useless to them. So I continued to listen to the track as the laser burned the side of my brain. 'trust the watchman, trust the watchman, trust the watchman.'
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:41 pm

My knees are still shaking, and for a moment I’m confused as to how exactly I can still walk. I reach towards the sky to try and pop my back. It’s still so stiff that I can barely keep myself from groaning every time I move incorrectly.

I make it back out of the alleyway with the black bag made of plastic, looking around. I don’t know exactly who would be around. I wonder if the thing that made the noises before I fell asleep was still there. I doubted it. It was already the next morning. I can tell as the sun begins to rise over some of the far-off buildings. I giggle at the idea. It’s already probably 6 in the morning. I had my first sleep and it was on a plastic bag. I giggle at the idea as I walk on the already-warm asphalt.

The dark crows that hop around on the dark tar are the only signs of life I can see. I know that it might be awhile before I come across someone, but I can’t shake the feeling like those evaluating eyes are watching me. I shake the feeling as I look to see a car in the street. It’s not very nice, but it seems almost as if it were abandoned in a hurry. The door is left open and the lights are still on. I walk toward it curiously, unsure exactly what you do with it. My brains processing everything trying to come up with a answer as I slide into the front seat.

The chair is covered in some sort of felt-like material. It’s much more comfortable than the metal tables that I had to sit on back at the labs. I smiled as I close the door. The car isn’t running, it just seems that the lights are on. The keys have been left on the floorboard, and I fumble with them as I look for a place to put them. I move my hands and feet less tense the more I move them.

By the time I find the hole that I am supposed to put the keys, it’s probably been ten minutes. I shove them in the small hole and miraculously, they fit. I giggle with delight as I turn them. There’s a strange noise, and I jump, my hand rushing away from the key. I eye it warily for a moment. Is it supposed to make such a noise?

If it’s not, then what happens if it breaks? I shake my head, realizing that it’s not really that bad. I’ll just get out and go away. I smile quietly as I reach forward, the smile on my lips curling into a devious one. I run the key a moment, willing myself not to jump; willing myself not to take my hand off. After a moment of the loud noise, the car seems to turn on. I let my hand move away from the key, clapping my hands in delight.

Then I hear it, the sound that comes from someplace. I can’t tell. It’s hard beats, as if someone’s striking something.

It’s been a long time since I came around, it’s been a long time, but I’m back in town.

The sound is nice. The woman who is singing seems to lull me into thoughts. Every word I’m trying to process; every word I’m trying to find a meaning for.

You taste like whiskey when you kiss me…

Whiskey? What’s such a thing, and how can anything taste like this whiskey. For a moment, I grow light headed So many words to process at once. The beat and the words are slow, but they don’t seem to be slow enough for me to be able to handle.

Sit back down on the couch where we made love for the first time...

How is it you make love? What does she mean? She belongs on this ‘couch’? No, she belongs at the corner of ‘my’ bar. I don’t even know what she means by bar. I have to lean back, the words making me shake. I have to tune out the words. They’ve begun to give me a headache. The song, it has so much meaning that I have to stop thinking about the meaning. It’s making me lightheaded.

There’s something about baby, Yoü and I

Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 am

A drop of water formed on the side of the apartment balcony. It paused, as if taking aim, then dropped suddenly. Two seconds later it landed squarely on the nose the nose of the man lying motionless in the Alley.

I blinked. I reached to rub the drop of water off my nose. A tight-burning pain buzzed in my head. What was my name? The pain sharpened, as if trying to prevent me from remembering anything. One memory seemed to come easily enough. "Trust the watchman." I disregarded it right away as it didn't seem to mean anything. Did I even know a watchman? I didn't think so. I moved my hand in front of my face to see if I even owned a watch. I nearly scared myself half to death. My arms were huge. Was this my body? How come I didn't remember anything? I didn't have a watch, not even a faded line from wearing a watch. And this wasn't me. I felt the back of my head. My hair was matted with something sticky. I didn't have to look at my hand to know that it was blood. Still warm. Perhaps I'd been mugged. That would explain the memory loss.

I heard 2 voices. Down the alley about 50 yards, but the increasing volume suggested they were walking steadily in my direction. They hadn't seen me yet, their voices were to calm. But at their pace they'd be within striking distance in 45 seconds, provided they didn't change pace when they saw me. I didn't know how I knew that. How far is striking distance anyways? I knew that their pace would likely change as soon as they saw me. Which I couldn't allow, to unpredictable. So I quickly crawled back behind a giant blue dumpster. Three thoughts occurred to me at once: 1. I didn't know who these men were or what they wanted. 2. I strongly doubted that I could fight both of them off or run away from them if things went south. 3. I was remarkably calm about this; my heart rate hadn't raised a beat.

Amongst these thoughts I kept a running timer in my head. Mostly I just wanted to know if my time estimate was close to accurate. 43... 44... They rounded the dumpster and saw me leaning against the back of it. The one on the right spoke first, "Get up!", by the tone in his voice I ruled out these guys being of any help to me. I didn't even know if I could stand; hadn't tried yet. The second man saw my hesitation and pulled a gun from the back of his jeans, "Stand!" Geez could these guy get any more cliche? I pushed against the dumpster to stand, realizing it would be to my advantage to overplay my weakness. Standing was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be considering the blood I found on my head. I made a pain-expression anyways. Best to have these two knuckle-heads underestimate me. I was really wishing that I would feel anything: panic, fear, anything. But nothing came. An adrenaline rush could go a long way right about now.

The man with the gun raised his hand to my head and pulled the hammer. He was aiming wrong. If he shot now the bullet would take 32 seconds to kill me. And I would have full control of my body for 9 of them if I could avoid going into shock. Enough time to kill one or both of them. These guy weren't trained. Makes sense. I noticed the tremor in the gunman's hand; what was he afraid of? He was the one with the gun. My hands were study. The gun-less man spoke again, "Empty up. Wallet, keys. We want everything." I reached to my pocket not wanting to cause any trouble. No wallet. Of course, I'd probably already been mugged. Not my day. My eyes closed for less than a second. And then,

Open. Drop to the ground. Gun fires. Misses. Grab gun-man's wrist with right hand. Bring left palm into gun-man's elbow. Gun fires again. Arm breaks. Twist gun-mans wrist. Gun drops to the ground. Wrist breaks. Second man pulls a gun. Use left hand to crack gun-man's windpipe. Plant kick in center of chest. Gun-man drops. Roll over gun. pick it up and cock it. Anticipate second gun-man's shot to the back of head. Leap sideways while spinning to face adversary. Gun fires. Misses. Aim gun to second gun-man's chest. Fire. Down.

I closed my eyes again. Was that me? How did I do that? I felt for my pulse. Raised by 6 beats per minute. Hardly significant. Most Americans got more than that from reaching for their T.V. remote. I was special, now I just had to figure out how. Maybe the 'watchman' was a clue. Surely someone had heard the gunshots so I slipped the gun into my pants and took off down the alley.

Last edited by Adolpho on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:32 am

Sorry! I can't post right now. I'll be posting after class, 3:00 P.M Central standard

Adolpho

Post by Adolpho on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:02 pm

No worries. I won't be able to post every day anyways. Did my last section make sense? I'm kinda dyslexic sometimes so things that make sense to me don't always make sense to anyone else. =P
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:33 pm

By the time I’ve figured out that the song is from different perspectives, I’m already singing along to the music. It’s a breakthrough. My memory is getting better, and I’m proud of myself for it. I am silent for a moment as the song plays. Somehow, it repeats itself over and over again. I don’t sing. I’m too lost in my thoughts. The scientist would be so proud of me, but some of them would just hate me more. They didn’t get to record my progress. I shake my head at the idea, fuck them, they only hurt me. I had made more progress outside of those white walls!

I grin, pushing the door open. I grunt as I land on the ground. I’m too happy to care though. I just get to my feet and start walking, the sound of the music still playing in the background. It’s not long before I’ve turned off onto another street. It’s bigger than the last one. There’s more space and the buildings are even bigger. It’s a sight, for sure. I smile quietly as I make my way passed the shops. Naked white people pose in windows. I wonder why they seem so detail less. I stop as I watched one for a moment. She doesn’t move. Her body is striking a pose, a hand on her hip, a knee bent. I watch her amazed, my body pressing onto the glass.

“Hi there!” I speak, quietly, wondering if the woman could hear me. She doesn’t move, not an inch. Ii wait a moment before I ball up my fist, hitting the window.“Hello there!” I yell this time, wondering if the glass prevents her from hearing me. I sigh as she simply stands there, looking off into the distance. I’ve never seen people before and the first one I see is ignoring me. I sigh quietly, shaking my head. This isn’t right. Something about this isn’t right. “I’ll help you” I mutter quietly as I turn, looking for something; anything that could get me passed the glass.

I see an bit of ruble nearby. I smile quietly, knowing that rocks litter the ground from the buildings above. I stumbled to one, pulling it into my hands. It’s rough, as if it’s been chipped off. I don’t mind it much. I walk toward the glass, a smile on my lips as I raise it above my head. Only a few seconds later, the window is broken and I’m trying to crawl inside. The glass doesn’t hurt as it digs into my feet. The woman is still there though, unfazed by the act of kindness I just showed her. When I grow closer to her I realize that I’ve been looking at someone fake. She’s not human, no. As I feel her skin, it’s hard and cool. It feels like plastic or something. I sigh, pushing the woman over. She hits the ground with a loud clatter and I make my way into the building I had just broken into.

The moment I step foot in the shop, I hear them. Loud banging sounds. It’s something that sounds dangerous. I drop, a shriek escaping my lips as I fall, hitting the ground, but by the time I make it under a small table, the sound has stopped. I wait a few moments, but my curiosity makes me want to gt up and find the noise. Something about the feeling, something about the thought of adventure makes me rise, walking out of the store and toward the outside world. Once I get outside, I have nowhere to go. I’m not even sure which way the sound came from.

“Hello?” I call out, wondering if I can be heard. It’s a long shot, but maybe it’ll help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:42 pm