HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

SUPER HERO CIVIL WAR (never too late to join)

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Read Me SUPER HERO CIVIL WAR (never too late to join)

Post by Eljordo on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay, first off I have to say for any of you who know your comic's; Yes, this setting is exactly like the Marvel: Civil War books.

So we haven't had a super hero RP in a while, so I thought 'what the hell'. Razz

Present day earth. This earth is a bit different however, the cities are filled with beings of incredible power. Some fight for the good of mankind, some fight for their own gain.

In New York city, a small group of slightly unknown super heroes tried to stop a villain, they got carried away and blew up a school by accident, killing over 60 school children. The public was devastated. In response, the President of the United States passed 'The Registration Act". All vigilantes are required by law, to make their identities known to the public if they are to continue their ways, so the may be held accountable for their actions. When the registration deadline came, it would seem that only some heroes were willing to give up their secret identities, while others simply refused. What started as a devastating accident, turned into an all out civil war between the heroes, Those who follow the law and register are hunting down the anti-registration heroes one by one.

Who's side are you on?

Alright, just a few base rules for this RP, each character is only allowed a maximum of 3 powers each, and nobody can be totally invincible. You can be resilient to damage, but to keep things fair EVERYONE can get hurt and die eventually. No god modding please. Make it CLEAR in your bio what team your on and why, and if all possible try and keep even teams. And one more thing, Your character doesnt HAVE to have powers, they can be like batman and iron man if you wish Razz

Pro Registration Act:
    Guilty Gear (Eljordo)
    Alix Labe (Alix)

Anti Registration Act:
    Bullet Storm (Faith)
    Super Nova (Danny)

Villians:
    Breaker Blade (Zalgo)
    Arginor (Murdoch, posing as an unregistered hero)
    Angel (Mercy)

Last edited by Eljordo on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 9 times in total
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Read Me Re: SUPER HERO CIVIL WAR (never too late to join)

Post by Danny on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Danny made his way towards Lily's apartment flat. He was cutting through central park, seeing as how her apparently was not to far from the north enterence. As much as he tried to look forward to seeing Lily, Gear stood in his mind. Regret filled his heart. Perhaps, he thought, it was stupid of me to react the way I did. I still stand by what I said, but maybe the way I handled it was wrong. Gear was angry, and I became careless... Throwing my mask like that... Stupid!!! Danny was sure that Gear now knew of his identity, and for the first time since his families death, Danny felt fear. It wasn't a good feeling, and it would stick with Danny.

"Danny? What took you so long?" Lily asked as she opened the door to his knock. "Hi," he smiled softly before kissing her. "Sorry I'm late," Danny smiled. From behind his back, Danny drew his hands to present a single rose. "Can I come in?" he asked, his head down, looking innocent. Lily laughed and tugged his tie. "Come in big boy!"

Soon enough, the two were laughing and giggling with each other. Lily had, once again forgiven Danny, but she wasn't letting the subject go so easily. "There you go, m'lady," Danny smiled, sliding her a plate of pasta. "So Danny, you work as a waiter, right?" Danny nodded as he began to fill up his own plate with pasta, the pile on his plate clearly larger than Lily's. Her bright, modern looking kitchen was well light, and the counter acted as both the counter and a table. There wasn't much colour in the kitchen, other than from the food. Everything else was either brown, black, or silver. It was sleek though it seemed smaller than it actually was.

"So I'm curious," Lily continued as Danny began to eat, leaning against the counter opposite from her. She paused before continuing. "I'm curious because..." she seemed to have a bit of trouble saying this. "Where do you go all the time?" Of course being blunt always works. Surprised by the question, Danny dropped his fork and began to cough, chocking on his food. "Lily, I-..." this was a harder decision. Should Danny tell Lily of his idenity? It was a tough choice. Danny had never informed anyone of his superhero alter-ego. Now in the same day, would both Lily and Guilty Gear know his identity?

Danny:

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway.

So...
    be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
    you're off to Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:03 pm

I sighed quietly. He had snapped at me for doing exactly the same thing to him, which made me grunt quietly. He hadn’t really snapped. Actually, he had been quite calm with his scolding, but somehow I knew it had pissed him off somewhere beneath the surface. I had to learn to keep my temper and thoughts to myself. Not everyone would keep my backtalk and be so nice about it. I sihed quietly, shaking my head as I turned around in circles in the air.
    “I do apologize, but the act gets me so fired up. Why would someone create a law that turned people against themselves? They were forced to kill people they had worked beside before for people that couldn’t stop them even if they didn’t take in their friends. They have no powers over us..We’re more powerful than they could ever be. That’s why...”

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:18 am

Gear entered the chamber where his suit was being rebuilt, It was finall done. The Mark V armour, an improvement in almost every way to his Mark IV armour.

'I present to you, the Mark V battlesuit. Its armour is now overlayed with a mixture of Titanium and Rhenium Diboride, making your suit 67% more damage resistant. Its new Kenetic barrier prevents powers from influencing your thoughts. Your thrust capasators are now 50% more efficient, making you much stronger than before, while the Mark IV suit allowed you to carry a weightload of 20 tons, the Mark V suit allows you to carry up to 35 tons.'

Gear simply stares at his new suit in amazement. This was without a doubt, the most advanced battle armour ever built.

"Alright, whats the catch?" Gear said sarcastically.

'Besides the massive hole in your funds sir? This suit uses up power up to 30% faster than your previous model, this power is needed to run the kenetic barrier'

30% wasn't too bad, It would just mean that he couldn't burn too much energy patrolling.

'Also, your laser now has the abillity to go lethal' The AI added.

Gear quickly snapped.

"Remove that Laser now! My old laser will do fine. I'm not going to kill anybody!"

Gear has never killed another man, there have been accidents, but Gear will never willingly kill a man.

'Very well sir'
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Arginor has to resist the urge to roll his eyes. You know, he swears he's speaking to himself...didn't he just say that he doesn't agree with the act? Ok, he does, but for totally different reasons than what he's giving. Still...she doesn't know that, and nobody else will, unless somebody somehow manages to catch him when he isn't burning copper.
    Regardless, he's just said that he agrees with her, so why is she trying to persuade him? "I just said that I agree," he says amicably, "so why are you trying to persuade me?" A smile plays across his lips. "The fact of the matter is, any hero not registered is now labelled as a villain for disobeying the law...many of the pro-registration people seem to forget that vigilantism is, in itself, a crime, and that is one reason why they assumed a false identity in the first place...a registration just defeats the point. Besides...what about the heroes loved ones? If you can't get at the heroes, just steal the list and go after their relatives."

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:31 pm

He thought I was trying to persuade them, and I sighed quietly at his words. He wasn’t dry or bitter about it though, which I liked. Under his skin he was probably wanting me to go away. I was just some weak wannabe to a lot of the heroes out here, but I simply ignored them.

“I wasn’t trying to persuade you. I was simply giving you an explanation to my actions.” I was short with my words, trying to keep my voice light. If I went into any more explanation as that it seemed that my words were taken askew.

"I agree. Villans have the upperhand with this act and the gaoverment doesn't seem to realize that."

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Last edited by Eljordo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:01 pm

ooc: Jordan, have you at least asked Danny if he minds you finding out about his secret identity? Because that seems a little unfair to me.

IC:

Arginor shrugs. It sounded like a rant to him, and he's done his fair share of ranting in his time. Still. The girl didn't deserve his sarcasm- that time, at least- and if he's trying to make a "friend," he's not doing a particularly good job. He inclines his head, saying, "Forgive me; I meant no offence." In truth he couldn't care less what she thought of him, as long as she plays into his hands, but that is something he is not about to say.
    He stops burning pewter- the wounds should be sufficiently minimal now to stop burning pewter without killing himself- but the sudden twinge of returned feeling and bruising almost makes him gasp. Not quite- he keeps his composure- but almost. It's also very chilly up here with nothing but his boxers on. He might want to get down and find one of the entrances to his lair soon; not only has he got some clothes to find, but he also has some...business to take care of.
    But first things first.
    "I am afraid I never got your name. Do not worry, I am not looking for your true identity...an alias will do. Just so I have something other to call you than 'Girl'."

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Occ: he was the one who set it up lol, just read his last couple of posts
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Ah, setting it up isn't the same as getting permission. Is that just your perception, or did he specifically say to you, "Identify me" or something along those lines. Just asking. Very Happy

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:14 pm

OOC: Yeah, I guess it was just my own perseption, but all signs pointed to it Razz I'll take down the post until i get permission i guess
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:20 pm

Nah, leave it up and ask him for permission via PM. If he says that he'd really rather not, then take it down. If he says it's fine, yay ^_^

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:26 pm

He asks for my name, and I didn’t know what really to say. I was a strange character. I had been going as a male to protect my identity more before, but now I saw no reason to do such a thing. So now, I was left with more of a males name than a females and I was being asked for an alias. Would I give a nickname? Only Partial? I sighed quietly as my mind rushed to think of something. They were all stupid. All the things I came up with were either stupid or lame, and most fell in both categories.
    “Storm, call me Storm” It was the first thing to pass through my lips and regretted it. No one really knew anything about me, but I guess ripping off a comic book character was okay, she wouldn’t really mind I hoped.
    “What about you. If I ever do see a boxer-clad hero around, I’d like a name in return”

Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Post by Murdoch on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:42 pm

Storm? Well, he supposes if you're going to use a comic book name, you may as well use one that pretty much means 'Ruthless, dangerous biotch; seriously, don't mess with me!' And from the slightly abashed look that flits across her face, she knows it's a rip off as well. Still, at least she acknowledges it. And her comment gives him an idea; with a perfectly straight face, he stands up and puts his hands on his hips, staring off into the distance dramatically.
    "Haven't you guessed?" he asks, feigning wounded pride, "I...am CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS!" His face keeps its composure for a few moments, then his face breaks into a broad grin, which is, for the most part, not faked. Hell, maybe he should start using that as his alias. It would certainly get a few laughs.

ooc:

Sorry, but that was too good an opportunity to pass up...when Nova launched fire at him, I was like "yeah, I can see a joke later". XD

Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:07 pm

ooc- I love you...So much...
    bic
    His name. God, what was I getting myself into? I wanted to laugh, I wanted to laugh so hard, but I kept my face calm as long as I could. I couldn’t help it, a laughed, something I hadn’t done in awhile, and for some reason I laughed harder than I should have. It wasn’t a lengthy laugh, just a hard one. One of them that put you out of breath, and made tears form in your eyes, but they didn’t fall. I looked up to see a large grin on his face.
    His comment had seemed to lighten up the entire situation, not only our conversation. I sighed, hearing the high pitched beeping of the watch on my arm going off. I was going to be late to work if I didn’t hurry. I had been late the past two days and the owner wasn’t taking it kindly. I was head chef, why would he? I shook my head, looking up to the male again.
    “Well, I apologize for cutting this short, Captain, but I’ve got to be someplace. If you don’t mind, I need to be going”

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:28 am

OOC: Murdoch, that has to be the best reference I have heard on this forum. Well played sir Razz

BIC:

The multiple robotic arms had just finished suiting up Gear in his new Mark V suit. It was a great piece of technology, perhaps the most advanced suit of armour ever built. Gear was just about to head out when his AI interupted him.

'Sir, I think you should look at the security footage.'

Gear became intreagued, this must be big.

"Put it up then" He insisted.

A small video feed began to play on Gear's Heads up display. This was interesting, it would seem Nova tossing his mask was a very bad idea.

"Scan that face" Gear ordered.

'Of coarse sir, this will only take a few seconds.'

After about twelve seconds, a green light flashed.

'It would seem the combatant known as Super Nova is really a man named Danny Carmichael, He was born in london, but moved to New York. He is currently living in the middle class, I can give you directions if you like'

Gear wasn't sure how to react. He finally knew his identity. He could easily reveal it to the world, after all he has the tapes to proove it. No, Nova was still his friend, if he was going to come clean, it would be by his own terms.

Gear would not release this information, It would just make him easier to track.
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:30 am

"Lily, I..." Both Danny and Lily and stopped eating the pasta. "Whatever it is Danny, I need to know!" Lily interjected. Danny wasn't sure if he should tell the truth, that he was Super Nova, or what she wanted to hear, that he was cheating on here. A pained expression stayed on his face as he looked at Lily. He wanted to tell her, he really did, but he couldn't just expose himself like that. It would put both Lily and himself in danger! "Even if it's another girl!" she spoke, trying to sound faithly, as if trying to guilt trip Danny into confessing.

"Lily stop!!" Danny said rather loudly. It took Lily by surprise, and she became quiet almost immediately. "Please," he begged. "I promise I'm not cheating on you! I swear on my parents grave!" I paused a little, taken back myself. He's never swore on his parents before, but he got caught up in the moment. "Excuse me," Danny muttered before standing up and heading towards the door. His hand was on the door and his bag over his should, when Lily stopped him. "Danny I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!-" he began, rushing over. "It's okay Lily. One day you'll know. I just hope your still proud of me when you find out," he spoke in almost a monotone voice. His parents got him all choked up.

Swiftly leaving Lily's apartment, Danny headed towards central park, his head sunken. The sun was beginning to set, and the sky was already growing dark. This thoughts were all contorted and switched up. Part of his thoughts were on Lily. Parts were on his parents. And part where on Nova. Should he just give up now? He seemed to be fighting a losing battle, and Danny didn't like the feeling. Separated from everyone, Danny felt alone, not even able to confide in his best friend, Gear.

His thoughts moved to Gear, and he wasn't sure how to feel about him at the moment. Where they still friends? And what did Gear want!? Why was he so keen on enforcing this act?

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Gear was on his way to central park where Daniels current location was. Gears AI had a built in tracking system, assuming you could get solid information on the man you wanted to track. He turned around the corner to find quite the sight. Nova out of costume, just walking in solitude. You could tell just by looking at him that he was quite disturbed. Hardly surprising considering the circumstances.

Gear teleported a few feet infront of him in a non threatening manner.

"It is time Daniel. Please, just come with me."
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Heading in no particular direction, Danny walked in central park, alone with his thoughts. The next thing Danny realized, there was a sudden cool breeze and Danny looked up. "Gear...?" he muttered. Danny stopped abruptly, watching Gear with shock. He knew! Gear had just called him by his name. Gear had never addressed him as Daniel, only nova.

"Gear," he said more clearly so he could hear. This was a position Danny never thought he'd find himself in. Gear, here to arrest Danny and not with his alter ego. "How did you find out? Why are you here?!" Danny spoke defensively, a bit irritated and scarred.

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Gear raised his arm, not aggressively, but more as a gesture to calm him down.

"My security reaches out further than you think. Either way, I'm not here to fight. Just come with me to the registration office peacefully and we can avoid all conflict."

Gear honestly does not want to fight him if he doesn't have to. He still had a lot of respect for him.
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:40 pm

"Gear," Danny spole painfully. "Please don't do this! Don't force me to register! Your putting people at risk!" Danny walked a bit closer to Gear. This was Danny's only chance. Gear had the advantage, and Danny knew he would use it if he needed to. Danny was now desperate. "There must be something else I can do!"

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Gear could tell that Nova was desperate, Gear did not like putting him in this position, but he had no choice.

"I am sorry, but I can't make exceptions. Please, I don't want to make this harder than it has to be, just come with me. I beg of you"
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:07 pm

ooc - Sorry. I was in the subway.

bic - Danny was in a tight bind and no matter the choice, there was a negative outcome. A lose-lose on his part. If he went along with Gear, everyone would know who Nova was. Lily would be targeted! If he didn't go with Gear, he would probably report Danny's identity to the government anyway. Danny would be targeted. Lily would be targeted. So what was he to do? Take a chance? A risk that may not even be worth it?

"Gear! Listen to me please! You can't do this! You'll be destroying me, destroying the last bit of my family!" Danny's rage grew. This face became red with anger at the thought. His fist lit up with a blue, firery bust. He was ready to attack. But something stopped him. The thought of Lily.

Danny dropped to his knees. His flames dissipated in the air, and Danny's head was sunken as he tried to hid the tears. "I can't protect her! Not while everyone knows who I am! She'll die! I can't protect her! I won't be able to!"

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:40 am

Protect her? Target her? These words struck Gear like an anvil. He was obviously trying to protect a loved one. Gear's entire reasoning for becoming a hero was because he couldn't protect the one he loved most. Jane...

Jane is his reasoning for wanting to protect the world, so that nobody else would have to feel the pain he was forced to endure. By forcing Daniel to register, he would be going against everything that he stands for.

"I...I can't..." Gear couldn't even form a rational thought.

What has he become?
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:33 am

On all fours Danny stayed. He held back tears as he struggled to keep his composure. Then Danny stopped. Looking up, Danny saw Gear holding back, fighting with himself. "Gear..." Danny whispered. 'Gear' was all he seemed to manage in his conversation. "What has become of us?" He asked Guilty Gear was Danny got back up on his feet.

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 am

OCC: Im just gonna wait until more people post Razz

(Ahem, Murdoch Razz)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:59 am