HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

SUPER HERO CIVIL WAR (never too late to join)

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Read Me SUPER HERO CIVIL WAR (never too late to join)

Post by Eljordo on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay, first off I have to say for any of you who know your comic's; Yes, this setting is exactly like the Marvel: Civil War books.

So we haven't had a super hero RP in a while, so I thought 'what the hell'. Razz

Present day earth. This earth is a bit different however, the cities are filled with beings of incredible power. Some fight for the good of mankind, some fight for their own gain.

In New York city, a small group of slightly unknown super heroes tried to stop a villain, they got carried away and blew up a school by accident, killing over 60 school children. The public was devastated. In response, the President of the United States passed 'The Registration Act". All vigilantes are required by law, to make their identities known to the public if they are to continue their ways, so the may be held accountable for their actions. When the registration deadline came, it would seem that only some heroes were willing to give up their secret identities, while others simply refused. What started as a devastating accident, turned into an all out civil war between the heroes, Those who follow the law and register are hunting down the anti-registration heroes one by one.

Who's side are you on?

Alright, just a few base rules for this RP, each character is only allowed a maximum of 3 powers each, and nobody can be totally invincible. You can be resilient to damage, but to keep things fair EVERYONE can get hurt and die eventually. No god modding please. Make it CLEAR in your bio what team your on and why, and if all possible try and keep even teams. And one more thing, Your character doesnt HAVE to have powers, they can be like batman and iron man if you wish Razz

Pro Registration Act:
    Guilty Gear (Eljordo)
    Alix Labe (Alix)

Anti Registration Act:
    Bullet Storm (Faith)
    Super Nova (Danny)

Villians:
    Breaker Blade (Zalgo)
    Arginor (Murdoch, posing as an unregistered hero)
    Angel (Mercy)

Last edited by Eljordo on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 9 times in total
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Read Me Re: SUPER HERO CIVIL WAR (never too late to join)

Post by Murdoch on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:16 am

Arginor inclines his head in acknowledgement, coming out of his dramatic pose. Somehow, he thinks he has just earned himself a nickname with her whenever he sees her. Of course, a nickname is a step in the right direction; you instantly feel more attached to somebody if you have an affectionate nickname for them, don’t you?
    He stretches, and sighs. He does have things to do as well, not least of them get some clothes- and perhaps make his wardrobe fire resistant- and the day is getting on a bit. “Very well,” he says, approaching the edge of where he’s perched. “I hope to see you soon…do try and look after yourself.”
    And with that parting comment, he drops a penny to the floor and leaps over the side towards the floor. As soon as he’s directly above the penny, he Pushes against it, sending it shooting to the floor. Once it hits the floor, it starts pushing against him and slows his descent until he lands lightly on the floor. Stretching a little, he turns and heads off, not towards the mainstreet, but further into the alley. He has a way of getting back that means that he won’t be sidetracked again.

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:08 pm

OOC: SO sorry for the wait guys

BIC: Gear could not even answer his question, he was in shock. He was put into a lose lose situation, if he left Nova be, he would be going against the will of the people, and his promise to Jane. If he took in Nova, he would be doing the same thing to Nova that happened to himself.

"Please Nova, I beg of you..."
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:57 pm

The thought of Lily being put in danger... It was something he didn't want to think about but was forced to. "I-... I can't Gear! Please understand. I-" from behind himself, Danny heard something. His name? He turned around to see who or what had called his name. "Lily?!" he said shocked, a small smile on his face. The smile had, however, faded rather quickly. With a sudden scream of terror, Lily was on the floor, unable to move from some... Goo?

With a quick glance back to Gear, Danny ran towards Lily, using the only source of light to track her, the moon. He got there quickly, kneeling beside her. "Lily! Are you okay? What-?" he stopped as he noticed the material holding Lily down in closer examination. It was goo after all! That could only mean-! Danny spun around to be greeted by a blast of goo to the chest. He hit a near by tree, coughing from the impact, all the while Lily was crying in fear and confusion. Danny was forced to reveal his identity to Lily, which I didn't want to. On the other hand, Danny had to protect her.

From the trees and hidden scenery, a man in a thin metal suit with a silver gun (which was attached to a compartment of sticky silver goo that was nearly indestructible) walked out. "Silver Entrapment!" Danny growled as he struggled to break free. "Ah! So you've heard of me young man!" he laughed, his English accent just as thick as Danny's. "Well don't bother struggling, since strength will not break my entrapment!" he laughed. Danny knew to well strength could not break this goo, not even Himcules (a hero with massive super strength) couldn't break through this. Danny's flames could, however.

The Silver Entrapment walked towards Lily, touching her with his gun. "Tut tut. Such a pretty young woman-" he began. "Leave her alone!" Danny screamed in both anger and fear.

Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Danny:

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway.

So...
    be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
    you're off to Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Gear watched in disbelief as Nova and a bystander were ensnared by this man. Well he wasn't going to let this slide.

With a quick burst of speed, Gear smashed the man in the back, sending him into the air. He landed a few feet away on the ground.

"Terrible move on your part" Gear said to the man.

The man quickly raised his gun and shot a ball of goo at Gear, but gear easily teleported away to dodge the substance. The man got to his feet and began shooting wildly at Gear, but Gear was always one step ahead, teleporting to dodge everything this man threw at him. Gear delivered a right punch to the mans face, knocking him down.

Gear quickly rushed to Nova and the bystander.

He grabbed onto the goo that was restraining the girl, but it wasn't busting.

'Strength output at 100%' The AI said.

It wasn't even cracking.
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Danny watched Gear teleport around the flying goo, dodging it with ease. He's lucky. Even one hit could take Gear out of commission, Danny thought to himself. Gear got to the man, however, and Danny's eyes turned to Lily. She was scarred and tearing, shaking slightly (what could move). "Lily! It's okay, Guilty Gear is here. He'll protect us, he'll-" Danny was cut off by Gear. He was kneeling down, trying to tear apart the goo from Lily. With a quick glance, Danny watched The Silver Entrapment. He was recovering from a blow Gear must of given to him, but his recovery was quite swift. Danny's focus switched back to Gear and Lily.

She had calmed down a bit in Gear's presence, but with tears still in her eyes. Gear was trying to break through the goo, but it wasn't doing a thing. He must not of fought with Entrapment before... (he was a relatively new villain). Back to Entrapment. He was up, preparing for another shot. "Gear! Look out!" Danny shouted as Entrapment shot a blast towards the two. Forced to help and without thinking, Danny's right arm lit up in a blaze of red flame. The goo around Danny's right arm instantly incinerated, the rest crumbling around it.

Danny tackled Gear to the side, both nearly missing the goo. "I'll help Lily. Keep him busy in the mean time!" Danny spoke before he jumped up and knelt beside Lily.

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:36 pm

bio update Smile

Name: Mercedes [Mercy] Thompson
    Goes by/Villian Name: Angel [See tattoos]
    Nickname: Mercenary [Given to me by May], Magic [Given by Bianca], The G [Faith], Muffin Man Killer [Nate], Muffin [Cuppycake!]
    Sexuality: Pansexual
    Looks: intense forest green eyes long eyelashes. Sun kissed brown hair, edgy and pin straight, comes a little past my shoulders, parted to side and side bangs.
    Make Up: black eyeliner and mascara.
    Body Type: Curvy, thin. Hourglass; hides it under sweatshirts mostly. Toned nicely due to swimming and other sports
    Clothes: low cut black tank top. Worn low slung jeans with a tear in the right knee. A slightly over sized black hoodie. [ http://www.polyvore.com/normal_outfit/set?id=20815744 ]
    Jewelry: Necklace with symbol for chaos on it. 3 rings, one on left ring finger. 2 on right hand, one on thumb one on the ring finger. Cartilage piercing with a small silver hoop and two small regular piercings [black studs]. Belly button pierced.
    Tattoos: Blue wings on my back, not too big, not too small. Wolf pawprint on my hip, irish celtic knot on my wrist.
    About Me: sings, plays guitar, writes. Sarcastic. tom boy, adventurous. 13 is lucky number. Crazy, loud, fun, daring, hyper almost all the time. I’m just naturally loud… hates shopping and is slightly scared of preppy chicks. Loves music with a passion. Kind of a hippie. Dances too. UNPREDICTABLE! I’m very blunt about things
    Height/Weight: 5’5 + 117 pounds
    Weapons: Whatever I can find.
    Powers/Abilities: Superhuman [super strength, running fast, etc], teleportation via shadows, has two blades embedded in my arms, come out on command, similar to Wolverine. Hallucinations with Shadows. [I have a chip embedded in my leg that lets me manipulate/teleport through shadows]

Super Hero Clothes:
    Spoiler:
    ~~~~~~~~>>> With a black, hooded, cape.
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Today was typical... Another bank robbed... I look through the money, counting up how much I had...

Soon I'll be able to get out of here and find my father... The man who did this to me... Made me... Into a monster. Of course I've tried to take out the chips, the blades in my wrists, but that almost got me killed... Sure, I was a superhuman, but the word human was still in there... I growl quietly, shoving the money under the floor board and looking around my shabby apartment. I look at the picture, from 18 years ago, of my father that haunted me on my mantle and gritted my teeth.

Disassembled me like a toy, put chips in me, trying to make me a superhuman... Then leaves me... Shaking my head, I turn to the curtains, swinging them open, a thin layer of dust flying off and sparkling in the sunlight. I squinted against the sun, and sighed, pulling my hair into a ponytail as sirens whir below across the city streets letting the town know of the robbery. I just smirk quietly, a dark chuckle escapes my lips...
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:55 pm

welcome Mercy Smile you need a quick update on what has happened so far? Also for RP sake I would recommend you read everyone's bio
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:58 pm

yes i would like an update
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:59 pm

ooc - El post a reply!! I'll update Mercy

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:05 pm

ooc - alright. So Murdoch (a villain posing as an anti-register hero) and Faith had just finishes speaking with one another. Faith is a new hero who is mastering her powers. El and Murdoch got into a fight after El threatened Faith for being a hero who hasn't registered to the public. After the fight, El and myself went to his base to discuss the pro/anti registration act and he found out my idenity. Faith and Murdoch continued their talk, eventually going their separate days.

El has confronted me now outside of my heroic idenity after Lily (my girlfriend) and I got into a fight. Then a newish villain The Silver Entrapment attacked Lily and have placed El and I in this current problem. It's currently night once again.

I suggest reading the last few posts so you know what's going on.

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:13 pm

alright, that was an intro to my char so i'll start posting for real now.

bic -

I pulled my cape over my head, and stood up, the cool wind blew across the roof tops, and I looked down at the street. Orange tinted lights beamed down, bouncing off silver cars and headlights. My feet placed carefully on the edge of the roof, and with a bend of my knees I jumped off, and teleported down into an alley.
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:15 pm

BIC: Without even missing a beat, Gear turned away from Danny towards the villian. He shot a glob out of his gun, hitting Gear's gattling laser. The man began to laugh as the goo began to spread up his arm.

'Sir, Joints freexing at sites B, C-87 and...' Gear interupted

"I can see that!"

Gear shot his laser, bursting through the goo and melting it. So that was the weakness, the goo was all but invinsible to pure force, but is vulnerable to heat.

The man shot another glob, but it was met in the middle by Gear's laser, stopping it in its tracks. He needed to close the distance.

Gear quickly teleported behind the man and put in in a chokehold to restrain him.

Gear just hopes he can hold this guy off long enough for Nova to get that bystander out of here.
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Danny knelt down beside Lily who was still crying. "Lily! Lily please listen. Shhh! It's going to be okay! Shhh!" Danny tried to calm Lily down, but she wasn't going to have any of it. Danny tried to pull the goo off Lily, but he knew very well it wouldn't do anything. "Danny! Danny please! Get gear! I need help! I'm scarred!" she cried. Danny hesitated for a moment, glancing up at Gear. There was good creeping up his arm. Danny didn't really have a choice.

"I'm going to help you Lily! It's going to be okay!" he said. She didn't say anything, but Danny could see the doubt in her eyes. With a sigh, Danny lifted his index and middle finger on his right hand like a gun. From the fingers, a small blue flame erupted, like a knife, and Lily screamed in shock. "Lily it's okay!" he tried to tell her, but she didn't listen. Danny cut through the goo and freed Lily, she now screed of Danny.

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:07 pm

The heels on my leather boots click as I stop in front of a boy calming his girlfriend and a dark chuckle escapes my lips and I cross my arms over my chest.

"How. Cute." My voice is flat, and rough as I look around and my eyes land again on the boy.
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:00 pm

ooc: I would post, but I'm waiting for Faith. XD

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:13 pm

OOC: Yeah, faith hasn't been on in a while. If shes not on in a few more days, you should probably move on

BIC:This man was stronger than he looked, Gear had a 100% strength output, yet this man was still able to resist. The villian raised his pistol with his freehand, attempting to take a shot at gear. The AI began to scan, predicting where the shot would head.

Before the shot could even reach gear he moved out of the way. Gear grabbed the mans hand and pointed his own weapon at him, firing off a round. The goo incased its former owner, rendering him immoble. Gear glanced over to Nova only to see a costumed woman standing near him. Another villian? Perhaps.

Gear pointed his laser at the newcommer

"Explain yourself! Now!"
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:10 am

Though central park was dark that night, from the flames light Danny could see the fear in Lily's eyes. She didn't move, but her eyes were glued to Danny as his flames cut through the hard goo. He was careful not to touch her with the flames, so it took longer than he anticipated. Once the goo was cut through, Danny pulled Lily out and she screamed in pain, expecting to be burnt. "Lily, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you!" he tried to convince her. With a quick look, Danny saw Gear encase The Silver Entrapment, before turning his attention towards a new target. Danny couldn't leave Gear alone here, but Lily was getting in the way.

"This way Lily. Over here!" Danny spoke, motioning her away from the fight, his hand out, but she was reluctant to move. "We don't have time for this," Danny sighed, before rushing over the Lily, throwing her over his shoulder, and running away from the fight. He picked up his backpack on the way, and began to leave central park. Fortunately, she lived close to the park.

"Lily, please be careful. I'll be back soon, but I have to help Gear right now!" he told Lily in urgency as he placed her outside her building. "No..." she muttered, wiping tears away. "No?" Danny asked. "Don't come back! I-...." she began but stopped herself. "Lily..." Danny said hurt. "Just stay away from me you... Freak! Monster! Your not normal! Normal people don't do what you did!" she screamed. Danny stood there horrified and in pain. "Lily! Please try to-"

"No!" she cut him off. "Just leave!" If Danny hadn't needed to help Gear, he would of stayed, but Gear might need him. Danny took a couple steps back watching Danny. Her eyes filled with tears again, and with final look, Danny spun around and ran back into central park. It wasn't long before Danny was in the park and changed into his costume, new mask included. Danny ran up by Gear, facing this new possible threat. His hands lit up, but remained down by his side as he examined her. It was the first time they saw each other face to face, his mask protecting his identity. "I heard you needed help," Nova said to Gear. This new woman didn't know who Nova was.

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Augh T_T Sorry guys... Life got in the way. I'm to tired to read alot... Anyone got a catch-up for me?

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Ooc: yay your back Very Happy

Well Murdoch kinda stopped where you guys left off, as for Danny, mercy and I, Danny and I had a confrontation in central park, we were attacked by an NPC villain, I was while I was kicking the snot out of this villain, Mercy confronted Danny and I
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:08 pm

I giggled, "Calm yourself." I smirked quietly, looking at the weapon pointed down, "I don't play sides. I'm a one-man band..." My eyes narrow, "And I am not afraid to kill whoever gets in. My. Way."

I place my hand on my hip, which hid a pistol under my cape as another man runs in next to the man.

"What I am looking for is someone with an eye for a bargain." My eyes flicker back and forth between the two and my black heeled boots click as I take a step forward.
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:50 pm

This girl was not to be taken lightly. Gear could tell that she was dangerous. He kept his laser aimed at her head, regardless of her attempt of calming gear. Nova flew by his side, good. If this girl showed herself hostile, It wouldn't hurt to have Nova backing him up.

She mentioned a bargan, though he was unaware of her intentions he was willing to hear her out. He would rather avoid yet another fight today.

"Speak! You have twenty seconds to speak your buisness! Dont try me" Gear warned her. He was not in the mood for games.

All the while he was standing there, Gear's AI was scanning this girl for weaknesses in case she turned hostile.
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Nova stood there, eyeing the girl. Occasionally, he would glance at Gear, but his attention was always turned onto the girl. The flames slowly traveled from Nova's hands up to his elbow, though his neutral position didn't change. Nova never said anything as the two spoke, for he never had too. He was there to help Gear, to protect his friend. Unfortunately, Lily was also on his mind, which was dangerous. He needed to push the thought of her to the back of his head until later. His eyes remained on the girl as she walked forward.

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:28 am

"Calm down sidekick," I snapped at the boy and turned back to the one with the weapon pointed at me, "The name's Angel... I'm on the hunt for a man named Joseph Thompson." I paused, "But you idiots probably are unaware of who that is, so let me break it down for you, he's a scientist, been on the run for a while because of some mistakes he's made in the past... I was wondering if anyone knew anything about his current location."

I pause, my eyes never breaking contact with the man who had his weapon on me.
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:47 pm

With a simple mental command, Gear's AI began searching up all known files on Joseph Thompson. After a few milliseconds he turned up with very few results. Gear kept his laser aimed at the girl.

"What is your quarrel with this man?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:48 am