HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2015!

SUPER HERO CIVIL WAR (never too late to join)

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Read Me SUPER HERO CIVIL WAR (never too late to join)

Post by Eljordo on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay, first off I have to say for any of you who know your comic's; Yes, this setting is exactly like the Marvel: Civil War books.

So we haven't had a super hero RP in a while, so I thought 'what the hell'. Razz

Present day earth. This earth is a bit different however, the cities are filled with beings of incredible power. Some fight for the good of mankind, some fight for their own gain.

In New York city, a small group of slightly unknown super heroes tried to stop a villain, they got carried away and blew up a school by accident, killing over 60 school children. The public was devastated. In response, the President of the United States passed 'The Registration Act". All vigilantes are required by law, to make their identities known to the public if they are to continue their ways, so the may be held accountable for their actions. When the registration deadline came, it would seem that only some heroes were willing to give up their secret identities, while others simply refused. What started as a devastating accident, turned into an all out civil war between the heroes, Those who follow the law and register are hunting down the anti-registration heroes one by one.

Who's side are you on?

Alright, just a few base rules for this RP, each character is only allowed a maximum of 3 powers each, and nobody can be totally invincible. You can be resilient to damage, but to keep things fair EVERYONE can get hurt and die eventually. No god modding please. Make it CLEAR in your bio what team your on and why, and if all possible try and keep even teams. And one more thing, Your character doesnt HAVE to have powers, they can be like batman and iron man if you wish Razz

Pro Registration Act:
    Guilty Gear (Eljordo)
    Alix Labe (Alix)

Anti Registration Act:
    Bullet Storm (Faith)
    Super Nova (Danny)

Villians:
    Breaker Blade (Zalgo)
    Arginor (Murdoch, posing as an unregistered hero)
    Angel (Mercy)

Last edited by Eljordo on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 9 times in total
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Read Me Re: SUPER HERO CIVIL WAR (never too late to join)

Post by Mercy on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:04 pm

"Let's put it this way... We have some..." I paused for a slight moment, "Unfinished business."

My eyes are locked on the man with the laser, unconcerned if he were to shoot me or not... I would simply teleport out of the way if anything were to happen.
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Gear kept his laser fixed on this girl, she was obviously dangerous.

"You know that I cant just let you go and hunt a man down!" Gear said.

In the distance, police sirens could be heard. Not supprising, since just a few moments ago there was a massive fight right here in central park. six squad cars pulled over behind the girl, the police pilled out and aimed their weapons at her.

"Freeze! NYPD!" one of the officers shouted.

They knew Gear was a registered hero, so they wouldn't attack him.

"Stay back! I'll handle this!" Gear didn't want anyone getting hurt.
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:09 pm

I growl, hearing sounds of sirens and I stare at the man, "You're lucky this time." I said quietly, and the police stare at me.

They shakily hold their guns up, "Freeze." One of the more braver police stands forward.

"It's Angel..."

"Yeah! She's the one from the...."

"Yes, I'm the one from the bank." I chuckle darkly, my eyes squint, my teeth baring into a smile, moving my arms into a fighting position.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Work had been hell. I was late, my boss yelled at me, and I got soaked by a passing car on the way there. The damn fifties diner theme really pissed me off more than usual today. I was the only girl on staff during the shift and I was left to handle the floor alone. This was just my luck. I was now walking back to my apartment, sweaty and tired. For once I would get some sleep. I had to sleep before I escaped out into the world once more. I sighed quietly, shaking my head as I pushed to the apartment on one of the lower sides of town. I coughed, not knowing what I was going to do. I would be in the sights more often now I hoped, but that would bring hell on me and my moolah funding.

Ooc- Sorry it sucks and it’s kinda poof there, but eh…I don’t know where to go at the moment.

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:09 pm

So, she robbed a bank hey? That was enough for Gear. He couldn't just let this one walk away. Gear's AI pulled up a layout of this, 'Angel' on his HUD. It would appear that she was a superhuman, physically superior in almost every way to the common man. This was all the reason to keep the police officers back while he and Nova dealt with her.

In the blink of an eye, Gear teleported behind Angel and put her in a reverse chokehole to restrain her. He was gripping at roughly 70% strength output (Around 20 tons of pressure)
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:13 pm

I was all of a sudden grasped and was in a choke hold, I chuckle darkly, the knives embedded in my arms slide out and I elbow the man in the ribs, holding my knife to his neck, "Just tell me where Joseph Thompson is and no harm will come to anyone."
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Gear chuckled, knives hey? They wouldn't even scratch his armor. Gear quickly let out a powerful punch to the girls gut, sending her flying a few feet before hitting the ground.

"I can't just let you go to hunt someone down, now come with me. Now!"
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Things unraveled quite quickly. Before Nova had realized it, police sirens drew closer, driving into the park, and organizing themselves in a defensive position. Standing behind their cruisers, they revealed their gun. Nova would be safe right? Fighting alongside Gear would save Nova the hassle, and their priority, for once, was on the bullish, not the unregistered hero.

She was on a man hunt, searching for someone that obviously played an important role in her life, but as to what was unclear at the moment. She had also robbed a bank. Who is this girl? Danny thought to himself. Suddenly, Gear had teleported behind Angel, and placed her in a reverse chokehold. With the sudden action, a lot of the police men and women aimed their guns, cocked. When angel moved and revealed knives, some shot, a spur in the moment decision. "Stop!" Nova yelled, throwing a wall to stop the bullets. Upon impact to the flames, the bullets melted , before completely disintegrating. "You might have hurt your ally. Shoot defensively, not speraticly." Nova's voice was firm. Nova was not worried about Gear. He had fought great foes before, and these knives would not harm him. Danny hovered closely behind the two, there to help Gear, or protect the innocent men and woman.

Danny:

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway.

So...
    be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
    you're off to Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:08 pm

"He's my father." I grunted as I hit the ground, and I stood up, a puff of shadow-like smoke forms around me, "He owes me for all the horrible things he's done to me."
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:52 pm

The smoke filled the surrounding area, making it difficult to see the girl. Gear stood there, laser at the ready.

"This is your last chance, come with me!"

OOC: And Faith, we are all pretty much in central park, so you could either bump into us or just improvise i guess.
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:31 pm

I giggle quietly, "Thanks for the offer, but a) going with you wont help me on my hunt. and b) you're probably going to arrest me for robbing a silly old bank."

With a sweep of my cape, more shadow smoke puffs up and I reappear on a roof, couched over the edge.
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:18 pm

A teleporter? This was unexpected, but he has dealt with these before.

"Scan the area! Find her!"

'Very well Sir...' The air began to calculate every possibe route she could have taken.

Several seconds passed until at last, a green light.

'She is on the roof of the coffee shop to our left sir'

Gear gave a slight grin, she wasn't going to expect this. Gear turned to Nova

"Nova, I'm going after her, make sure the police take care of that villian I encased"

Then, with a flash, gear disappeared. He reapeared on the roof of the coffee shop just behind the girl, laser pointed at her head.

"Didn't think you could escape that easily did you?"
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:55 pm

"Nah."

I chuckle, whipping around, grabbing the laser and yanking down in attempt to knock it out of the way. A puff of shadows arises and I start running down the rooftops, jumping across them reaching around 90 MPH.
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Nova watched the two, hovering away from the two, on guard, paying close attention. When the girl managed to push herself away, and vanished, Nova was surprise (not shocked). The flames on Nova's body disappeared, and he landed gently, walking to Gear. "I think I can handle that," Nova smirked, trying to be his usually, smart-alec self, but since Lily he had been different. Was this why Danny stayed behind as the two fought?

Gear teleported away and Nova was left with quite a few policemen. It was sort of awkward, to say the least, but Nova kept his "hero composure" in front of them all. To his left, The Silver Entrapment laid in his position, unable to move. Face on the ground, he tried to struggle, but he was tired from all the struggling he did during the fight. "He calls himself The Silver Entrapment," Nova had informed them. "Not a very well known villain, but a threat no less. Kidnapping of innocent survillians, attempted murder, theft, etcetra." Most of the policemen and women turned their attention to Entrapment, a few kept their attention -and weapons- on Nova. "Take him away," Nova said after a pause before turning around. "Wait!" one policeman called out. "What about Guilty Gear?"

"Stay on standby," he said in a monotone, heading back towards Guilty Gear and Angel. Full flame once again, Nova jumped up and slowly asended, watching the two from a distance.

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:33 pm

She wasn't about to get away from him that easily. Gear began to teleport short distances in an attempt to keep up with her, he was close, but she was always a hair too far for gear to apprehend. Finally, with one more teleport, he was able to grab hold of her shoulder, and he gripped tight.
    Faith Wynters
    The Cuppycakecreep
    The Cuppycakecreep

Post by Faith Wynters on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Ooc- Okie I’ll see what I can do
    Bic

Once again, I was taking the long walk home. What was the point on wasting money on cabs or buses when I had two feet that were completely capable of walking the few blocks home. Besides, when no one was looking, I usually cheated and flew the distance, but that wasn’t very often. I sighed quietly, looking up at the trees a moment. Central Park: The last stretch of path before I was home. Of course, just like normal, the sirens from police cars could be heard in the background, and my head drowned them out. I would help, but not only did I not have on my suit, I didn’t have my mask either.

Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:10 pm

I growled under my breath, "Let. Go. Gear." I said, my eyes narrowing on him, turning a bright white under my hood. His grip on my shoulder made me stop moving, yet I wasn't about to give up the fight.

I had studied superheroes before I became a villain myself, I knew every hero, every villain in this whole city. I knew I was a new face in town, but hopefully I wasn't just another pretty face. I wanted to be a threat, wanted people to stop and actually remember me. Angel.... My father was famous for creating superhumans, but once his experiment, me, got out of hand... That's when he fell back and started running... that's when I started hunting.
    Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Not a moment had past before the action started up again. What was going here? Why did Angel decide to show her face now? And what had her father truly done to make her so bitter? The questions where barely in Danny's head before the action picked up again. Angel was jumping at speeds of over 90km and Gear was teleporting right behind her, trying to catch up.

Danny flew after them, his flames making a streak in the air as he moved. Soon, here was flying side by side with Angle. Every other second he would look back at her to make sure they were still moving. Thank goodness he had because Gear had stopped Angel. There were some comments made, but the went unheard by Danny. Angel began to shine, shine extremely brightly under her hood. Was there something more to this girl?

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:38 pm

OOC: Wow... sorry for the wait :/ RL stinks doesnt it?

BIC: Gear began to tighten his iron grip around her.

"Now, why would I let you go? So you can hunt a man down? Maybe I should help you rob a few banks while Im at it" Gear said somewhat sarcastically.

The girl was not playing around however, a massive energy signature began to radiate from her.
    Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:48 pm

ooc: Wow...erm...can someone fill me in please? Thank you Very Happy

Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:54 pm

OOC: The short version?

-I built a new and improved suit

-Danny and I got into a big arguement over the Registration act

-I tracked danny to central park after finding out his identity, we argued some more and I was about to attack him, until an NPC villian attacked us.

-We beat the snot out of that villian, Dannys gf found out his identity and dumped him.

-Mercy joined, her character is ANGEL (I would suggest reading her bio) she confronted us in central park.

-I currently have Mercy in a grapple hold after a little chase scene, she seems to be powering up

-Faith is out of costume walking by central park, shes waiting for something to happen

Murdoch
    The Architect of Fate
    The Architect of Fate

Location : An ever-changing crystal labyrinth in the depths of the realm of Chaos.

Post by Murdoch on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:07 pm

ooc: Danke Schon Very Happy
    Ok, so that's it? No worries...I'll have my character progress with his planned storyline. Just so you guys know...I did plan this, right from the start. This isn't an ass pull. LOL.

IC:

Arginor stretches, and grunts quietly as he feels his back pop and crack. That can't be healthy; that many bones making those noises has to be a sign of something bad, or at the very least, not good. Maybe it's just walking; walking has that effect on him...and yet, here he is, walking through the crowd like a normal human. He isn't entirely sure that he understands it himself. Ok, that's a lie; he understands perfectly...now that "Iron Douche" managed to get ahold of his metals, the chances are that he has put them into some government computer and discovered his power. Now, he isn't on any file anywhere- he made sure of that- but he has lost the element of surprise in a fight. Hopefully whatever records exist of Allomancers aren't very comprehensive, but the problem with tech-based heroes is that they upgrade...the next fight will be tougher. Not that the last fight was particularly tough.

So he can't afford to draw attention to himself. He picked up some clothes from a safehouse before heading into the street- making a note to make his clothes fire resistant in future- and is now heading back to his home-away-from-home...he has business to attend to, and that means that the fun random wandering of today is at an end. But hey...maybe They have some good news for him. After all, with the amount of money he's been pumping in recently- oh yeah, he's rich...not much of it is legal, or even on record as being stolen, but the point remains that he is in possession of a vast amount of money; he isn't about to detail where it comes from, though...that would be stupid!- they should have some results by now. If not...well, he'll decide when he gets there.

He turns into a newsagents at the corner. Despite appearances, he isn't about to buy a morning paper...this is, in fact, a cover. He nods to the shopkeeper- an average-looking man in his thirties, balding and slightly pudgy, with a hint of wrinkles around his eyes- and moves past him into the storeroom. Shifting around some boxes, he finds what he's looking for; the trapdoor. Opening it up, he drops through and down onto the small blue disc located at the bottom. He speaks his name- voice pattern recognition...you can't beat it!- then enters a password into the keyboard in front of him- not as easy as it sounds, considering his...security- and closes his eyes at the sudden glare that fills the small, dark room. A few moments later, he's gone.

Danny
    Michelangelo
     Michelangelo

Post by Danny on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:45 pm

ooc - Just going to wait for Mercy, El.

Danny:

So...
    Today is your day!
    So...get on your way!
    Eljordo
    CAPTAIN VICTORY
    CAPTAIN VICTORY

Post by Eljordo on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Yeah I'm waiting on mercy
    Mercy
    The Master of Horror
    The Master of Horror

Post by Mercy on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:59 pm

ooc - sorry, life is catching up to me. hang on...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:06 pm